2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

seems like the chance gods have a grudge with ronaldo (o fenomeno), apparently he fractured his arm during the palmeiras whopping last night

Originally Posted by tonton32

united with a 8-2 victory ftw, ok the team was garbage, but its preseason and all the goals were quality (even on the opposing side) im happy with giggys getting his first ever united hat-trick, owen netting 2 (making it his 3rd goal in 4 matches), and nani/anderson playing well. great way to end the asia tour
happy.gif
now bring on boca juniors!
would have rather seen them play river..would have been a better match. pls i dont like boca. boca is rubbish this year as well.

Question, during the year I dont have fsc or gol tv or anything like that so is there anywhere on the net that has access to live games and is reliableconnection for the EPL? I found a few sites last season but they always had to buffer every couple minutes. Any help?
nerd.gif

Zlatan is such a prick
laugh.gif

How could you be fed up in December, way before Inter Milan once again choked in the UCL? Dude's mind was elsewhere for most of the season
smh.gif

Best believe if things start to go sour in Barcelona, Zlatan will be looking for a way out. He'll be on Man. City in no time
laugh.gif

"When did I start thinking about moving somewhere else? In December, before Christmas,'' he is reported as saying on Tuttomercatoweb.it. "The more I saw Barcelona play, the more I wanted to leave.
"Moreover, I was fed up of Italy, of Milan, of your football: you play badly, there's too much stress. In short, I needed something else. Did Inter pay me more than any other footballer? No comment.''

Originally Posted by JJUVE

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Zlatan is such a prick
laugh.gif

Yes, he absolutely is...2 years and hell be in the EPL kissing another badge.
I agree...I dont think that he is loyal at all. Leaving Ajax the way he did (negotiating with Juventus while still under contract withAjax)...getting into fights with his Ajax team mates, etc.

I dont blame him for leaving Juventus at the height of the scandal but the things he said about Inter and Italy suggest to me that if Barca stumble a bit or hegets criticized by the Spanish media, he'll be looking for a way out (next time he'll be looking towards the Premiership).

Anyways, I dont think that Barca can say they improved after this move. They lost a player with an amazing goal scoring record however they got someone inreturn who is probably more skilled than Eto'o and is more than capable of scoring 30 goals a season. Guardiola said today that Barca are going to signanother key player...I'm guessing a CDM...maybe Mascherano.

I think it'll be Christian Poulsen. He did well for Sevilla and is now surplus at Juventus. He could come relatively cheap. They just need a player tocover for Toure and Keita when they go to African Cup of Nations.

I believe Mascherano won't be going anywhere. Benitez has put up a fight in keeping Xabi. I doubt he will sell Masch, especially with the lowballapproximation of Barca's bid.

i would love for Real to sign Alonso and Barca pick Mascherano up from Liverpool,just to see a weakened 'Pool midfield...
they appear to be a much better side compared to United especially now that CR's gone...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

i would love for Real to sign Alonso and Barca pick Mascherano up from Liverpool,just to see a weakened 'Pool midfield...
they appear to be a much better side compared to United especially now that CR's gone...

If its not this season it will be the next.

Yeah im with Tevez on this.. Barcelona probably improved in aerial ability.. but both Zlatan and Eto'o are very similar in strength, pace, skill etc..

I still don't think Madrid will beat Barcelona.

Kolo Toure on his way to Man City
frown.gif

Dude is an Arsenal legend, it sucks that our best defender is on his way out.

Now we have 3 huge holes to fill...a target man, a CDM and a CB.

As things currently stand, I dont see Arsenal finishing in the top 4 this season. Wenger's philosophy to sell experienced players when they're beyondtheir peak will continue to haunt this club. It's ridiculous to let guys like Vieira, Gilberto and Henry leave and not have anyone adequately fill in thoseroles. Wenger should learn about the art of dealing with experienced players from Sir Alex. Sir Alex doesn't kick experienced players to the curb whenthey're on the decline...he still finds a place on the team for guys like Giggs, Scholes, G. Neville, etc.

I hope Wenger is looking to spend some money ASAP. This team was not good enough to win anything last season. I do not see how Wenger can honestly believe thatdespite losing Adebeyor and Toure, this team is good enough to win this year.

Cadena SER reports that Real Madrid will announce the signing of Alvaro Arbeloa in the coming hours. The player will sign a 5 year deal. The fee isapproximately 4million Euro.

2131: Hull and Aston Villa have joined Sunderland in the race to sign Tottenham striker Darren Bent. (Press Association).

1131: Andrea Dossena is another defender possibly heading out of Anfield. The player's agent has told Italian radio station Radio Kiss Kiss thatLiverpool have accepted a £4.3m offer from Napoli for the 27-year-old. (Press Association)

1001 BST: Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa says he is close to completing a transfer to Spanish giants Real Madrid. (Marca)

http:// TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester City have struck a deal with Arsenal for the £15m signing of defender Kolo Toure, who will double his wages at Eastlands.
Fullstory: Daily Mail

Toure's departure from Arsenal to Manchester City is set to spark a defender merry-go-round this summer. Joleon Lescott will also move to Eastlands fromEverton, with Tottenham's Alan Hutton and City's Nedum Onuoha replacing him at Goodison Park, while Arsenal are to move for Fulham's BredeHangeland. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City and Bolton are leading the chase for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Miguel Veloso, who is valued at about £15m.
Full story: TheSun

Real Madrid have said that Liverpool's £30m valuation of midfielder Xabi Alonso is unrealistic. The Spanish club are not willing to pay more than £24m.
Fullstory: Daily Telegraph

Burnley are ready to make an improved bid for Sheffield Wednesday striker Marcus Tudgay.
Full story: Daily Mirror

West Ham are struggling to keep defender Lucas Neill at the club after contract talks broke down. Turkish side Galatasaray are favourites to sign the31-year-old.
Full story:The Sun

West Ham striker Dean Ashton is wanted by Hull after they failed to sign Bobby Zamora from Fulham.
Full story: Daily Express

Aston Villa are interested in Blackburn's £6m-rated defender Stephen Warnock.
Full story:Daily Mail

Arsenal have joined the list of clubs linked with Roma striker Mirko Vucinic. (Daily Telegraph)

Hull are poised to join Everton in the race for Tottenham defender Alan Hutton.
Full story: The Sun

Portsmouth are closing in on the signing of Hadjuk Split striker Nikola Kalinic as a replacement for Peter Crouch, who has joined Tottenham.(Various)

And Pompey have offered defender Sylvain Distin a new contract to fight off Aston Villa's £3m bid. (Daily Mirror)

Fulham midfielder Danny Murphy and Portsmouth winger John Utaka are both targets for Stoke.
Full story: DailyMail

Wigan have told former boss Steve Bruce, who is now at Sunderland, not to make another bid for midfielder Lee Cattermole.

Everton manager David Moyes has launched a £7m bid for Alan Hutton after the Scotland defender was deemed surplus to requirements at TottenhamHotspur. (Daily Record)

Kilmarnock have agreed a contract with freed Rotherham striker Mark Burchill subject to a medical. (Various)

Plymouth have put in a cash offer to Amiens for Reda Johnson and are likely to beat Aberdeen to the defender's signature. (DailyRecord)

Hamilton are keeping tabs on 20-year-old former Rennes defender David Louhongou. (Daily Record)

St Johnstone will complete the signing of former Inverness midfielder Filipe Morais on Wednesday. (Various)

http:// OTHER GOSSIP

Inter Milan's ex-Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho says he wants to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson as manager of Manchester United.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Barcelona's former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has denied reports that he told another ex-Gunners favourite, Patrick Vieira, to sign for arch rivalsTottenham, although he did tell Spurs boss Harry Redknapp the Inter Milan midfielder "would be a brilliant signing". However, Henry added: "I amArsenal through and through. I'd never advise anyone to sign for Tottenham."

Kilmarnock have withdrawn their offer of a coaching post to retiring midfielder Gary Locke. (The Times)

Dinamo Moscow assistant Alexsandr Smirnov says he learned little about Celtic on Sunday because Tony Mowbray played his reserve side in the 2-0 win overTottenham Hotspur.
Fullstory: Daily Record

Celtic are set to name Lisbon Lion and former captain and manager Billy McNeill as the club's official ambassador.

Scotland manager George Burley has written to Sir Alex Ferguson asking for Darren Fletcher to be rested for Man Utd's Community Shield match againstChelsea ahead of the World Cup qualifier in Norway.
Full story: Daily Record

Steau Bucharest president Gigi Becali says Motherwell have no chance of beating his team in Thursday's Europa League qualifier.
Full story: DailyRecord

Former Aberdeen and Hibernian manager Alex Miller has been sacked by J-League club JEF United Chiba. (Daily Mail)

Scotland Women's record goalscorer Julie Fleeting has given birth to baby daughter Ella Katie. (The Scotsman)

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Kolo Toure on his way to Man City
frown.gif

Dude is an Arsenal legend, it sucks that our best defender is on his way out.

Now we have 3 huge holes to fill...a target man, a CDM and a CB.

As things currently stand, I dont see Arsenal finishing in the top 4 this season. Wenger's philosophy to sell experienced players when they're beyond their peak will continue to haunt this club. It's ridiculous to let guys like Vieira, Gilberto and Henry leave and not have anyone adequately fill in those roles. Wenger should learn about the art of dealing with experienced players from Sir Alex. Sir Alex doesn't kick experienced players to the curb when they're on the decline...he still finds a place on the team for guys like Giggs, Scholes, G. Neville, etc.

I hope Wenger is looking to spend some money ASAP. This team was not good enough to win anything last season. I do not see how Wenger can honestly believe that despite losing Adebeyor and Toure, this team is good enough to win this year.

Wenger doesnt seem to be in any rush to spend the money either. I totally agree with you. I dont know how Wenger considers him team to still be a top side. Itjust seems like there is just too much on the way out for Arsenal to cope with. But really who is their best options for a tranfer at any of those positions?

edit: trying to figure out the sig

Wenger's an enigma. Its like he likes to make things harder for himself because of the way he's so stuck in his values.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Wenger's an enigma. Its like he likes to make things harder for himself because of the way he's so stuck in his values.
i dont understand why he does it...hes getting old and doesnt have that much time to secure his place in history.

Back
Top Bottom