2009 Make or break year NFL Players ... No More Excuses!

MattCassel.jpg

If that's the case, how do you explain a dude like Eric Johnson having 82 catches the year before Vernon Davis gets there? And he had Rattay, Dorsey, and Pickett throwing him the rock...

he has never had a 100 yard game, never had over 7 catches in a game, never had more then 1 TD in a game

most times when a teams OL sucks and QB ant that good the TE numbers are high because he is the QB security blanket and just dumps it off to him so why wasntVD that?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

he has never had a 100 yard game, never had over 7 catches in a game, never had more then 1 TD in a game

most times when a teams OL sucks and QB ant that good the TE numbers are high because he is the QB security blanket and just dumps it off to him so why wasnt VD that?
I was thinking the same thing...Good point.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Vernon Davis is one of the best blocking TEs in the league. he would start on most teams in the NFL.

you dont honestly believe that do you?
And downtown...off of that statement, name 10 teams that VD would be the starter on

okay.. he wouldn't start on most teams. but unless i'm mistaken here, he would most likely be on the field starting for at LEAST Arizona, Buffalo,Carolina, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Kansas City, Philly... at least about as many teams as Jason Campbell would start for..
ohwell.gif
(sorry that was uncalled for
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If that's the case, how do you explain a dude like Eric Johnson having 82 catches the year before Vernon Davis gets there? And he had Rattay, Dorsey, and Pickett throwing him the rock...so, the excuse about the QB/system is null and void as far as I'm concerned when talking about VD.
Eric Johnson was great that year, but he was the #1 receiving option on that team. any above average TE/WR used as the singular receiving optionon their team could put up similar numbers. in 07, VD had 500+ yards on 52 rec (while the 49ers also spread the ball to Battle and Jackson), so that could haveeasily been him putting up Eric Johnson's numbers or better if he was in that same situation.

it's the NFL.. some teams make use of their TEs, and some teams don't. if the 49ers give Vernon a fair chance to be a main weapon in their offense andhe falls flat on his face, fine, i will label him a bust. but i'm not going to do it prematurely because that hasn't happened yet.

most times when a teams OL sucks and QB ant that good the TE numbers are high because he is the QB security blanket and just dumps it off to him so why wasnt VD that?

are you really trying to make sense of the 49ers offense?

reading into The Colts drafting Donald Brown as early as they did, I would say Addai is bout to "break"

Im in the minority on Jamarcus. this is going to be his basically his 2nd season starting.
He finished the last season hella strong
I think he's got a bright future

^i agree on Jamarcus... i think he will have a solid season. he has some 'potentially' sick offensive weapons around him too.. if they produce, thatwill be a fun offense to watch.

his weight is on some Shaq ###$ though... i'm hearing that he showed up to minicamp pushing 300 lbs
smh.gif

nfl_g_sanders_195.jpg

Bob...we can not have you getting paid all of this money to sit out most of the year and only playing during big games or playoff games. *#+@! be trying tocome in like he's some special unlocked player. %$$$! up the whole flow...

g_AddaiJ_vt.jpg

Noshake Addai...we can not have you sitting out quarters because your hammy is hurting or because you took A shot. You need to man up. I already hate you. Ihope ol' lonely boy from UConn is beasting right now.

As I have argued in other threads, I don't think this will be the make or break year for Jamarcus either, but he is inching closer to that time

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

g_AddaiJ_vt.jpg

Noshake Addai...we can not have you sitting out quarters because your hammy is hurting or because you took A shot. You need to man up. I already hate you. I hope ol' lonely boy from UConn is beasting right now.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

On everything, Ive never ever ever seen an NFL RB who has absolutely no shake
until I saw Addai try to juke a defender then fall on his hip

He has the worst hips/shoulder moves ever seen on any level of football
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

I'm sayin', GUNNA. Son will flail his arms one direction AS A MOVE.
smh.gif
roll.gif

Oh lookie...I even found a picture of him doing it.
indifferent.gif

addai_joseph.jpg

Sorry, but I've never been high on JaMarcus. I thought he was a bust from day 1. He's got some time to prove me wrong though.

matt leinart needs to stop hanging out with paris hiltion, and focus on football. He can't even beat a 37 year old Kurt Warner.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Vernon Davis is one of the best blocking TEs in the league. he would start on most teams in the NFL. this is fact.

eek.gif
roll.gif

He wasn't even the best blocking TE on the niners, Billy Bajema was that dude.

340x.jpg

Originally Posted by imrichboy

matt leinart needs to stop hanging out with paris hiltion, and focus on football. He can't even beat a 37 year old Kurt Warner.
C'mon man. Forget Leinart for a sec, Kurt Warner is damn good and the majority of the QB's in the league couldn't beat him out.

off the top:

cadilliac...get right
okoye....show me something
levi.....where are you at
canty.....a whole lotta $$$ for a 5th rounder
lawrence jackson...show me somthin
calais campbell...how have you yet to earn a starting spot on that roster
benson...hes either at his peak or got 1 good year physically....time to prove hes worth that top 5 pick
gholston....he aint play much but still showed a lack of heart when he got looks...looked lost even in pre season
cherilus...... the year of the tackle
eyes.gif

thats all for now.. ...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom