2009 NFC North Trash Talk Thread...(Time to apologize for talkin crazy Bears fans/S4L3)

The chatter in this thread has died down quick
laugh.gif

Green Bay Packers give Ahman Green another look
By Rob Demovsky • [email protected] • October 19, 2009

Back in April, Ahman Green stopped by Lambeau Field to talk to some of his old teammates and to convince the Green Bay Packers to take another look at him.

They did just that on Monday, when Green worked out for his former team.

The 32-year old Green and another seasoned running back, Dominic Rhodes, spent the day at Lambeau Field, according to a source with access to the NFL's internal transaction wire.

Green, who is second on the Packers' career rushing list with 8,162 yards and a four-time Pro Bowl selection, has been out of football since Feb. 10, when the Houston Texans released him. He had been living part time in Green Bay, where he retained the house he lived in during his tenure with the Packers (from 2000-06).

Packers General Manager Ted Thompson let Green leave in free agency after the Texans gave him a four-year, $27 million contract in 2007. Green played in only 14 games over two years with the Texans because of injuries.

Rhodes, 30, has been out of football since the Buffalo Bills released him on April 17. He last played during the 2008 season with the Indianapolis Colts. He split time with Joseph Addai and rushed for 538 yards in 15 games (including four starts).

The Packers appear committed to sticking with starter Ryan Grant even though he's averaging only 3.8 yards per carry this season. But backup Brandon Jackson missed the first four games with an ankle injury, and DeShawn Wynn missed Sunday's game because of a knee injury.

laugh.gif
That's downright comedy. Antonio Freeman and BubbaFranks, stay close to your phone.

It's funny how preseason everyone was talking about Forte and Grant, who's better, etc. I know it's early, but right now they both are tied forsucking.

AD>>>>>>>>Kevin Smith > Forte > Grant?

Originally Posted by truthmain

laugh.gif
That's because all the Chicago/Green Bay fans in this thread finally realized who the superior team in the division is
5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1.gif

They have absolutely ZERO to talk smack about now
laugh.gif
(they really didn't beforethough...)

Just a sprained foot for Winfield, which is great news obviously. I still don't understand how the injury repeatedly was twisted from it being an ailingtoe, to an ailing ankle and then to Antoine correcting everyone on KFAN 1130 saying it's the top of his foot
laugh.gif

I still wish we we would have gone after Nnamdi before the deadline despite Antoine's injury being nothing serious
tired.gif

Brett Favre > Aaron Rodgers thus far

Your organization really made a brilliant decision in shipping him off to the NY Jets in 2007...he's still picking apart defenses two years later at 40.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at JPZ talking trash.
pimp.gif

Im fine with our Defense, Ravens are a top 5 offense this year and although we got torched with our third string in there, I think they were just tired fromstaying on the field so long in the fourth quarter. Still wouldn't mind having Winfield/Nnamdi

laugh.gif
That's because all the Chicago/Green Bay fans in this thread finally realized who the superior team in the division is

laugh.gif
(they really didn't before though...)
Wrong.

If you recall, most of the jawing in the beginning was involving bears fans talking about how great their QB and RB was...

What is there to argue about right now? We're 3-2 with Rodgers getting chased around the field every single passing down and no running game.

Our one solid T is gonna be sitting out every other freaking week... Our D is OK but something needs to change.

GB needed to make a move before the deadline more than ever... Send Kampman and picks away for someone like Stephen Jackson or Joe Thomas. Get at least 1 moreaspect of our O improved... But no, TT sat on his hands like he always does.

Ravens Kicker
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

AD>>>>>>>>Kevin Smith > Forte > Grant?
Looks alright to me.

Grant forgot how to see cutback lanes after 2007... Watching him run is agonizing this year, someone gets a single hand on him and he falls down somehow.

fraij da 5 11 wrote:

Grant forgot how to see cutback lanes after 2007... Watching him run is agonizing this year, someone gets a single hand on him and he falls down somehow.

QFT

Not sure if its all him, but dude barely breaks any tackles, in 2007 he broke ALOT.

So heres how i see it the next 2 weeks.

Pitt will beat Minnesota
We take care of business in cleveland, if we dont its a wrap.
MIn @ GB, chance to get back into 1st place. well 1/2 game out. LEEEEHHHHHH GOOOOOOOOOO

Originally Posted by kix4kix

laugh.gif
at JPZ talking trash.
pimp.gif

Im fine with our Defense, Ravens are a top 5 offense this year and although we got torched with our third string in there, I think they were just tired from staying on the field so long in the fourth quarter. Still wouldn't mind having Winfield/Nnamdi
Man I wish I was optimistic as you, but that defense got me worried. I guess the bright side is though this team still hasn't played 4quarters of good football yet; either our O starts slow, or our D lightens up. This game in Pittsburgh is gonna be fun though...another "challenge"for this team.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

There's Minnesota and Green Bay...

...then the rest of the division.
dudes still making these types of foolish statements?

I keep forgetting if it was you or that clown THE GR8 who kept saying Forte was a Top 10-15 back.

One foolish statement in exchange for another I suppose.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
(they really didn't before though...)

Just a sprained foot for Winfield, which is great news obviously. I still don't understand how the injury repeatedly was twisted from it being an ailing toe, to an ailing ankle and then to Antoine correcting everyone on KFAN 1130 saying it's the top of his foot
laugh.gif

I still wish we we would have gone after Nnamdi before the deadline despite Antoine's injury being nothing serious
tired.gif

Brett Favre > Aaron Rodgers thus far

Your organization really made a brilliant decision in shipping him off to the NY Jets in 2007...he's still picking apart defenses two years later at 40.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

countin your chickens, huh?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Too early with the smack JP.
2ihmiyf.jpg

I'm sorry, did I enter the wrong thread?

6 games in, perfect 6-0 record and I'm not allowed to make one "trash talk" post?
laugh.gif

Please.

Maybe for Halloween I'll go as a 4-2 team dressed as a 6-0 team.....

.nah, I'll be a ninja.

[h1]Packers bring back Ahman Green[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on October 21, 2009 11:26 AM ET
The Green Bay Packers have welcomed back to town an old friend.

No, not the one who'll be arriving on November 1 wearing a magic purple helmet that shaves 15 years off his age.

Running back Ahman Green is back, after being available and unwanted by anyone for all of the 2009 season.

Green played for the Packers from 2000 through 2006, before joining the Texans as an unrestricted free agent. The emergence of Steve Slaton last year made Green, who has been injured often, an unneeded luxury.

He fills the roster spot occupied by DeShawn Wynn, who has been placed on injured reserve.

With 46 more yards, Green will become the Packers' all-time leading rusher.
What's next? Shaun Alexander signing with the Seahawks?

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by nnarum

Season may be over right there........
Why? Have no faith in your team?

By winning two games that they should've lost, the Vikes have the division wrapped up.

The Falcons are not winning their div., ergo, they are fighting for a wildcard spot.....they are up a game on the Bears already.

And we lost to the %@%!%$* packers.......%@%!%$* +@%* stupid %@%!%$* mental mistakes stupid stupid %@%!%$* penalties %@%!%$* fumbles cost us the %@%!%$* +@%* game

How are we gonna not win the division when we are 4-1 with the Saints at 5-0, at least give us a chance.
I don't give a damn about your team.

You're prollt making the playoffs. That's not good enough for you??

Bears fans
roll.gif

[h1]Packers bring back Ahman Green[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on October 21, 2009 11:26 AM ET
The Green Bay Packers have welcomed back to town an old friend.

No, not the one who'll be arriving on November 1 wearing a magic purple helmet that shaves 15 years off his age.

Running back Ahman Green is back, after being available and unwanted by anyone for all of the 2009 season.

Green played for the Packers from 2000 through 2006, before joining the Texans as an unrestricted free agent. The emergence of Steve Slaton last year made Green, who has been injured often, an unneeded luxury.

He fills the roster spot occupied by DeShawn Wynn, who has been placed on injured reserve.

With 46 more yards, Green will become the Packers' all-time leading rusher.
What's next? Shaun Alexander signing with the Seahawks?

Brandon Jackson runs for 2000+ behind the Seahawks OL when alexander was there...

pimp.gif
at Ahman becoming the all time leading rusher though
pimp.gif

I did forgot that minor detail, but as a Vikings fan, that has a good chance of biting us in the butt. I sure hope not though.

P.S. You didn't have to get all cute and circle a print screen image, I got your point.

Word? We're going to go 3-7 from here on out youngmoney?
laugh.gif

Also, how does it feel that we ALREADY have as many wins as the 2008 Green Bay Packers did for their entire season?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Word? We're going to go 3-7 from here on out youngmoney?
laugh.gif

Also, how does it feel that we ALREADY have as many wins as the 2008 Green Bay Packers did for their entire season?
roll.gif
roll.gif
TM1241-c.JPG

Back
Top Bottom