2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

So much for DLSU's rebuilding phase. They need to wake up!
frown.gif

[h2]Baby Tam scores 83, shatters UAAP scoring record[/h2]
abs-cbnNEWS.com | 08/18/2009 11:01 PM

MANILA - Terrence Romeo exploded for a new University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) juniors basketball, scoring a record 83 points to powerFar Eastern University to a 104-55 rout over still winless University of the Philippines (UP) Integrated School Tuesday at the Filoil Flying V Arena in SanJuan.

Romeo, the leading MVP candidate in the juniors race, erased the previous record of 69 points held by Sta. Lucia Realty's Paolo Mendoza while playingfor the Junior Maroons in the mid-90s.

His output was just six points shy from the record set by Jose Rizal Light Bomber Joshua Saret, who posted 89 points in their 171-43 over Angeles UFoundation in an National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) game on July 22.

The ultra-talented transferee from the Letran Squires shot 30 points by halftime and went for the record inthe third period as he scored all of the Baby Tamaraws' 33 points.

He made 34 of his whopping 64 field goal attempts including 5-for-22 three-point clip and sank 10 of his 13 charities to also eclipse his previous high of45 points.

FEU coach Horacio Lim, who used to call the shots for the Mapua Cardinals in the NCAA, toyed with the idea of breaking the record.

"Noong gumawa na siya ng 30 points sa first half, sinabi ko kay Terrence (Romeo) to go for the record," said Lim.

Romeo,who hiked his league-leading scoring average to 37.7 points, were set up by his teammates to hit 53 points in the second half. By the end of thethird quarter, Romeo already surpassed the then-UAAP record with 63 points as the Baby Tamaraws' lead ballooned to 36.

Meanwhile, Gwyne Capacio, son of FEU Tamaraws coach Glenn, scored 21 points to help the De La Salle-Zobel Baby Archers get back on the winning track with a98-62 victory over the Adamson Baby Falcons.

The league-leading Baby Archers now sport an 8-1 win-loss record after they were derailed by the defending champion Ateneo Blue Eaglets, 78-84, lastSaturday.

In the other games, the Blue Eaglets streaked to their seventh straight win by collaring the National University Bullpups, 96-69, to remain in second placeat 7-2 mark while University of Santo Tomas crushed University of the East, 97-71, in the last game to join FEU at 6-3.

anyone knows where i can get a rabeh al-hussaini adidas jersey? this or last season's jersey preferably in white, thanks!
smile.gif

alam ko gumawa din ng 60 plus points si paolo mendoza sa up seniors, anyway sya din ba may record sa seniors or iba? curious lang

^ Did you watch the game? I only caught the tailend of it. Did I hear it right that the Maroons were down by 31 points sometime in the first half?

^i was able to watch the first half and yes, the tigers we're up as much as 31 due to hot outside shooting.

the maroons did a good job in trapping that caught the tigers off guard.

Originally Posted by r2d2

^i was able to watch the first half and yes, the tigers we're up as much as 31 due to hot outside shooting.

the maroons did a good job in trapping that caught the tigers off guard.

hirap ust pag wala sa loob si ababou .. parang naliligaw ng landas ...

correct me if I'm wrong, but are those gatchalians playing in San Sebastian nephew/relative of Ogie Gumatay?

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

anyone knows where i can get a rabeh al-hussaini adidas jersey? this or last season's jersey preferably in white, thanks!
smile.gif
There are still Ateneo and La Salle jersey at Sportswarehouse Market market last time I Checked, But I doubt they can Print numbers and Surnames.I Think JerseyHaven still has some

beda won...good game by the cardinals...close game until the fourth!
forgot the final score but beda lead by 9pts..

ANIMO SAN BEDA!

^84-75 sir... The Mapua put on some tight defense on Sudan but they weren't able to contain the hot-shooting Garvo Lanete!

Back
Top Bottom