2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

Originally Posted by airpopoy629

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

Letran Knights survive a very stubborn Mapua Cardinals final score 66-61....Jazul and Guevarra (Dynamic Duo)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My mapua cardinals..
frown.gif
better luck next year..
Mahirap kc mag-engineer at varsity player at the same time sa Mapua. Madumi talaga maglaro ang Letran pwedeng din sumali sa MMA.
roll.gif

jeddahblaster wrote:

jeddahblaster wrote:
Letran Knights survive a very stubborn Mapua Cardinals final score 66-61....Jazul and Guevarra (Dynamic Duo)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My mapua cardinals..
frown.gif
better luck next year..
Mahirap kc mag-engineer at varsity player at the same time sa Mapua. Madumi talaga maglaro ang Letran pwedeng din sumali sa MMA.
roll.gif

magaling lang mag recruit ang ibang teams kesa sa Malayan.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by lbj19

Originally Posted by jethro

Llagas for M-V-P anyone?
laugh.gif
He is a Mythical First Team for me though

If Llagas gets any award, he should give half of that award or credit to Paul Lee. Lee creates so much attention when he drives to the hoop that when he passes it to Llagas all he has to do is put the ball in the hoop. Lots of easy basket for Llagas. IMO Llagas should treat Lee after every game with all of those easy baskets courtesy of Lee's penetration and passes.
roll.gif
uhm, i don't know about that, i am not a UE fan or anything but Llagas is a legit player i mean i saw some of the games and recently the gameagainst FEU and he got most of his points on scarppy plays like on offensive rebounds and tinatawag natin na marunong pumwesto sa loob kaya siguro sinasabi nailalagay na lang nya ang bola sa ring, siguro mga 3 instances lang sya nagkaroon ng pasa galing kay paul lee yung iba iso's , FT saka putbacks na,regarless i believe he should be included sa mythical team, pero MVP ewan ko pa lang

Originally Posted by soul228

Llagas can't win the MVP...he got suspended already.
frown.gif

Even without the suspension, I doubt he'd win MVP. Most Improved pa siguro.

On another note, need another person on the All-Belo Team:

G - Barroca (FEU)
G - Caluag (FEU)
F - Llagas (UE)
F -
C - Andrada (DLSU)

^afuang (ust)?
laugh.gif

i'd swap caluag for salamat

anyone remember ryan dela cruz from NU? he reminds me of sloth (goonies)

John Wilson's 48 Points lead JRU to Victory...
smokin.gif

[h2]Bombers crush Blazers behind Wilson heroics[/h2]By Cedelf P. Tupas
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 23:37:00 08/26/2009

MANILA, Philippines - John Wilson exploded for 48 points and made everyone forget about his worst game of the season for Jose Rizal University.

Virtually unstoppable, Wilson powered Jose Rizal past St. Benilde, 95-85, yesterday in the 85th NCAA basketball tournament at the FilOil Flying V Arena in San Juan.

Wilson also pulled down 17 rebounds to complete the finest senior performance in recent years and overshadow San Beda's 94-63 smothering of Emilio Aguinaldo College in the second game.

"I guess, being a veteran, I'm supposed to play this way," said Wilson, who was coming off his worst outing of just five points in the victory over Perpetual Help last week.

"But, I didn't expect this (to score 48)."

Wilson found his rhythm early, shooting 25 points in the first half, including 14 in the opening period.

Wilson's output was seven points short of the NCAA seniors' scoring record of former La Salle King Archer Lim Eng Beng, who set the mark of 55 points in a victory over Ateneo in the 1974 championship game.

La Salle left the NCAA in 1980 and joined the UAAP six years later.

The Scores:
First Game
JRU 95-Wilson 48, Hayes 10, Agas 10, Cagoco 6, Sena 4, Lopez 4, Apinan 4, Njei 3, Matute 3, Gabriel 3, Kabigting 0.

ST. BENILDE 85-De Guzman 23, Johnston 13, Manlapaz 9, Urra 8, Tajonera 7, Montecastro 6, Abolucion 5, Dalanon 5, Umlas 4, Manalac 3, Tan 2, Argamino 0, dela Paz 0.
Quarters: 30-14, 56-41, 79-61, 95-85

Second Game
SAN BEDA 94-Marcelo 14, Lanete 12, Daniel 11, Gamalinda 10, Dela Rosa 10, Pascual 6, Caram 6, Lim 6, Taganas 4, Tirona 4, Sorela 4, Soliman 4, Tecson 2, Villanueva 1.

EAC 63-Mendoza 14, Cubo 12, Diolanto 12, R. Yaya 8, Ong 7, del Rosario 4, Jabaybay 3, Chiong 2, Liwag 1, L. Yaya 0, Sablan 0.
Quarters: 25-8, 43-20, 69-36, 94-63

FEU Barges in to the Final 4 via an 84-75 win over Adamson

RR Garcia top scored for the Tams with 25 points

paging Belo Medical Group. time to sponsor the UAAP games...

Caluag looks like a bulldog...

anyway, NU got killed yday. Ateneo drove a blunt stake through the Bulldogs (Caluag's LOL) hearts.

[h2]Knights skin Chiefs, surge to No. 4 in NCAA[/h2]abs-cbnnews.com

MANILA - Bucking another MVP effort by the bull-strong Giorgio Ciriacruz, RJ Jazul and Rey Guevarra took turns in delivering blows as the Knights turnedback the super stubborn Chiefs, 89-85, Friday to grab solo fourth place in Season 85 of the NCAA at The Arena in San Juan City.

Guevarra whipped up a four-point swing that gave Letran a 78-67 lead early in the fourth quarter while Jazul took charge when Arellano fought their way backto forge an 80-all deadlock by scoring seven of his team's last nine points to preserve the win.

Guevarra and Jazul, both veterans of the Smart Gilas Pilipinas team mentored by Serbian Rajko Toroman, finished the game with 18 points apiece -- enough tobuck the MVP effort of Ciriacruz and stem the tide.

"They're our heart and soul of the team. The younger guys rely on them particularly in clutch situations," said Letran coach Louie Alas of theprolific pair.

Of the two, Jazul shone the brightest in the stretch as he poured in 10 of his total output in the final period including seven in the last 2.37 minutesthat zapped the fight out of the Chiefs.

The bull strong Ciriacruz, who is coming off career 31-point and 16-rebound effort in their previous wins, pounded his way to another 31-point performanceon this one including nine in the fourth canto when the Chiefs erased an 11-point deficit.

But he couldn't get the touches in the final stretch that probably sealed Arellano's doom.

The Chiefs skidded to No. 5 with a 7-5 mark.

Gio ciriacruz unstoppable..but RJ "so cool" Jazul with the dagger,
pimp.gif
parang wala lang nun bumitaw sa tres..

Originally Posted by sickchasedsam

Only 10 points in the first half for NU earlier, plus that 28-0 by ADMU was really something
eek.gif

onga i saw the replay online and kitang kita yung disparity ng talent, parang wala masayado suporta ang alumni ng NU sa team nila, anyway i head nabili daw nihenry sy yung NU so baka naman umangat na din in a few years time ang recruiting nila ng players, naalala ko bigla noon sabay pa si danny i and tugade sa NUpero kulelat pa din sila paano pa kaya ngayun

pimp.gif
parang hobby lang niya yung 3 pts eh
laugh.gif

sayang dlsu-ue.. upset na sana.. yun upset nga, upset kami haha
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Joshua Webb akala nya kasi nsa NFL sya, itinakbo ang bola sa basketball court
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i was actually rooting for dlsu onthis one kasi gusto ko makapasok sila sa 4th spot para ateneo lasalle sa final 4 mas masaya sana, anyway pwedepa pakawalan yung travel ni webb eh ang crucial na tawag laban sa lasalle eh yung and 1 sana ni bagatsing, kita naman sa replay may continuation dapat kasosabi ng ref sa baba daw yung foul, at least OT or 1 pt lead sana sa dlsu yun kung nakapasok ng FT pa, oh well mukha malabo na ang ateneo-dlsu match up sa final4

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
punta punta pa sila amerika para magtraining!
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

bawi bawi nalang!

Originally Posted by jepeh21

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i was actually rooting for dlsu onthis one kasi gusto ko makapasok sila sa 4th spot para ateneo lasalle sa final 4 mas masaya sana, anyway pwede pa pakawalan yung travel ni webb eh ang crucial na tawag laban sa lasalle eh yung and 1 sana ni bagatsing, kita naman sa replay may continuation dapat kaso sabi ng ref sa baba daw yung foul, at least OT or 1 pt lead sana sa dlsu yun kung nakapasok ng FT pa, oh well mukha malabo na ang ateneo-dlsu match up sa final 4
I would have wanted DLSU to win that game so FEU can have the sure twice to beat advantage regardless of the outcomes of the coming games. I thinkwe just have to play doubly hard to beat La Salle on Saturday because they definitely would not want to give their F4 hopes just like that.

Back
Top Bottom