2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

Should be a good rubber match this Thursday.

Anyway, I'll see the Eaglets hopefully clinch the juniors title tomorrow!

The NU gym is really a classic. With all the dead spot on the floor, i remeber Danny I & Tugade dunking on the gym kala muguguho na yung buong gym.Its all wood from the flooring to the back board & brace. Me and my neighbor used to play there, Nazarethe is also a good place toplay in Sampaloc.
The court is old but there are lots of good players in Sampaloc. Chico Manabat used to play for Baste Jrs. his w/ the NU coaching staff. SM is part owner ofNU, they have a new building, its just a matter of time, 4 sure a new gym is on the way.
How about the Tanduay court near Baste, i'm not sure if its still there?

thanks for the info.. SM? part owner of NU? so that's why NU players conducts practice in ONE-ECOM CENTER GYM beside MOA.

Halos karamihan ng collegiate team NCAA / UAAP kumukuha ng import. Kawawa naman ang mga homegrown talent natin and teams kulang sa budget para magingcompetitive every season dahil dyan. All about money and politics.smh
smh.gif

Unlike US NCAA bawal sa mga players nila kumuha ng mga endorsement (nike,adidas or etc)and big ammenities they can only give a scholarship para makalaro.

Originally Posted by soul228

20 pt. blow-out win by UE in the Finals over the defending champs...my oh my

In 2006, Ateneo swept UST in the elims, then beat UST in Game 1 of the Finals, UST blew past Ateneo in Game 2...Game 3 was History!

Pido Jarencio was a rookie coach. UST had to beat UE twice in the Final 4.

In 2009, Ateneo swept UE in the elims, then beat UE in Game 1 of the Finals, UE blew past Ateneo in Game 2...Game 3 was...

Lawrence Chongson was a rookie coach. UE had to beat FEU twice in the Final 4.
UE lost to UST in 2006 because Bonbon Cutodio was accused of Game-Fixing
FEU lost UE this 2009 because Mark Barocca was accused of Game-Fixing

Im still rooting for the Eagles on thursday, 8th of October..Month of the Rosary and 8 is a very significant number to Mary..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jethro

In 2006, Ateneo swept UST in the elims, then beat UST in Game 1 of the Finals, UST blew past Ateneo in Game 2...Game 3 was History!

In 2009, Ateneo swept UE in the elims, then beat UE in Game 1 of the Finals, UE blew past Ateneo in Game 2...Game 3 was...

Im still rooting for the Eagles on thursday, 8th of October..Month of the Rosary and 8 is a very significant number to Mary..
laugh.gif

the odds are now piling up for UE
roll.gif

laugh.gif

and another one...

2006: dlsu didnt make the final 4 due to suspension
2009: dlsu didnt make the final 4 due to...

just finish the sentence for me hehehe!

animo!

Hindi baleng may import, lahat naman meron. Pagalingan na lang ng hugot.
laugh.gif

Anyway...

I'll be at San Juan Arena later, hopefully celebrating another Juniors championship.
pimp.gif

Anybody saw Sen. Gordon shouting on Rabeh?
i heard about this on facebook, they even said that he was shouting not so kind words towards all the players

who has tickets for game 3's finale between admu and ue? need tix badly....preferrebly UPPER A or LOWER BOX
smile.gif

Originally Posted by superswag

laugh.gif

and another one...

2006: dlsu didnt make the final 4 due to suspension
2009: dlsu didnt make the final 4 due to...

just finish the sentence for me hehehe!

animo!
Odds Odds Odds...
roll.gif

from Pex additional

UAAP 2006
-ateneo was the 1st to reach the finals
-host ue was 2nd place after eliminations
-ust 3rd place after elimination
-ust defeats ue (twice to beat advantage)
-ue has bonbon custodio controversy
-rookie coach pido jarencio
-game 1 suspended due to typhoon
-ateneo wins game 1 (very close game)
-ust wins game 2 (blows ateneo with a huge margin)
-ust wins game 3 (very close game)

UAAP 2009
-ateneo was the 1st to reach the finals
-host feu was 2nd place after eliminations
-ue 3rd place after elimination
-ue defeats feu (twice to beat advantage
-feu has andy barroca controversy
-rookie coach lawrence chongson
-game 1 suspended due to typhoon
-ateneo wins game 1 (very close game)
-ue wins game 2 (blows ateneo with a huge margin)
-whats the next line here?

-vizcarra out because of acl
-mvp of the season came from the 4th seeded team that ateneo beat
-no dlsu in the final four
-norman black as the ateneo head coach
-ateneo has two big guys graduating - Intal and Kramer(not sure if the point-guard escalona was graduating that time)
-2006 baliktarin yung 6 para maging 2009

-martinez out because of acl
-mvp of the season came from the 4th seeded team that ateneo beat
-no dlsu in the final four
-norman black as the ateneo head coach
-ateneo has two big guys graduating- Al-Hussaini and Baclao(if the 2006 ateneo point-guard was also graduating that time, another similar incident because the2009 ateneo point-guard jai reyes is also graduating)
-2009 baliktarin yung 9 para maging 2006

kykoman wrote:
The NU gym is really a classic. With all the dead spot on the floor, i remeber Danny I & Tugade dunking on the gym kala mu guguho na yung buong gym.Its all wood from the flooring to the back board & brace. Me and my neighbor used to play there, Nazarethe is also a good place to play in Sampaloc.
The court is old but there are lots of good players in Sampaloc. Chico Manabat used to play for Baste Jrs. his w/ the NU coaching staff. SM is part owner of NU, they have a new building, its just a matter of time, 4 sure a new gym is on the way.
How about the Tanduay court near Baste, i'm not sure if its still there?

classic indeed! saw Danny, Lordy, Minoc and the rest of the guys during their practices. their dunks are for real! i remember they had a game against withDLSU, they're already down towards end and crowd was already bored just waiting for the final buzzer score.. so what they did?
they turned the last few minutes of the game to a dunk show! you won't see any jumpers, lay ups or anything. all attempted shots were dunks with defense onit...
smokin.gif

i would say a lot of pure ballers all over Sampaloc even in Quiapo just awaiting to be discovered. Chico has some real heat back in his UAAP days.. i rememberhim telling me that might rocked around 250 pairs max during his college playing days.
JA serves as the bridge for SM group to be a part with NU. haven't seen their new gym yet but i heard it's really sick..
Tanduay is still there and still nice. covered, concrete and all..pero dati hindi pa elevated yun tapos hindi pa covered. lupit din ng mga lumalaro dun! icetubig lang ang pusta patutumbahin ka pa! sumbong ka nalang sa mga bombero dun
roll.gif

^ This sucks, I don't think Balls will air a replay of the Zobel-ADMU Jr's game. Was Von Apstal killin?
grin.gif

[h4]Franz PumarenResigns[/h4]by Tony L.Atayde
inboundpass.com

News spread like wildfire in La Salle today when it was learned that Franz Pumaren resigned as coach of the De La Salle Green Archers. Effective January 1,2010, Dindo Pumaren is taking over as coach. With Dindo as coach, that makes him the last of the Pumaren family to mentor the Green Archers.

It was learned that Manager Tery Capistrano also resigned.

The reason for the resignation of Coach Franz is his desire to run for congress in the coming elections, something eveyone close to him knew for quite sometime. It is noble of him to choose which of the two is more important to him at this time.

^whoah! the end of an era... anyway it is bound to happen sooner or later...

thanks for the "system" that you have implemented and has been tried/tested/proven to deliver 'ships time and again!

next season will be a fresh start for lasallian basketball.

animo!

Saw Rey Guevarra earlier at the Smart Gilas game against the Patriots. He was on crutches.

Back
Top Bottom