2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

Originally Posted by lbj19

^who else played for the FEU allstars Tom? I remember before when Leo avenida was the man for FEU bt too bad he wasn't able to show the same in the pros.

Also i read an article yesterday in the inquirer about betting/gambling in college hoops. It was a four part write up. Too lazy to look up the link though.
Its a good read if you want to get more info about the whole gambling issue in college ball. Its sad and disappointing that its come tothis...somehow, nakakawalang gana na din manuod because in a weird and ironic way, its an open secret that players are involved
indifferent.gif

look at knuttel guarding the flying a., starstruck ata....kahit sinong player maiilnag dikitan si johnny.
laugh.gif
idol........
smile.gif

THANKS RED

I think Leo Avenido is in the current line-up of Coca-Cola Tigers...

Its nice to see Arwind, Denok & Flying A wearing FEU jerseys again...

Thanks for the pics soul..
happy.gif

Originally Posted by airpopoy629

Originally Posted by lbj19

^who else played for the FEU allstars Tom? I remember before when Leo avenida was the man for FEU bt too bad he wasn't able to show the same in the pros.

Also i read an article yesterday in the inquirer about betting/gambling in college hoops. It was a four part write up. Too lazy to look up the link though.
suot nila nike shox bb black/red cw nun time na yun..lupit ni avenido nun..
pimp.gif

nice pics
pimp.gif

yeah those shox bb4 black reds are
pimp.gif
. that's the cw i really wantedbefor but wasnt able to buy coz i was still a student before.

back to topic, imo dlsu's jersey is really nice.....

I've seen the DLSU jersey 2 months ago but if I'm not mistaken the final design was approved only this week because as of last week the designisn't approved yet, watch out for it tomorrow..

^Hey icebox15, hit me up once you're ready to drop those UP jerseys! Gotta add to my collection!

Really fired up with Season 72 coming up! There's nothing like college basketball, notwithstanding all these talk of game-fixing!

UP Fight!

this thing about game fixing started to bugged me about few years back when some of my friends were still playing for their schools. i don't really get towatch a lot of games back then.
i only see them after the college basketball season is over and commercial leagues is everywhere and that's were i get to play with them. we hung out afterthe game and talk about random stuff like..game-fixing!lol

now that this thing is still rampant, it still amazes me about how these things get done.. like a certain player that gets cramped up every time they face thiscertain team, a player that were given a car by the alumni then it was taken back because they lost in the finals,
players that gets into foul trouble early in the game so their team will lose in a blow out, a coach that calls a lot of early time outs so at crucial part ofthe game he doesn't have time outs anymore, referees that always calls a lot of violation to control the direction of the game, rico??
players that pull up their new stuff as part of their incentives like high end celly, laptop, technomarines, ferragamo loafers, even cars too and this happensa week after losing in the final four... and of course the people who pull the strings to alter the result of the game.

i still enjoy watching these games and i look on the talent and the skills set of these athletes. as for the end result, i don't really care who wins orloses specially if something odd that happens at the end of the game, something like WWE when a guy comes out with a steel chair
laugh.gif

it may sound a conspiracy or maybe its just a hearsay for some, but for me, i get to know about this things because i was told by the guys both the onesinvolve in it and the others that still denies it..bro, last year mo na to good luck this year, magbago ka na
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hypercrunk

Ganda ng jersey ng FEU

yup ganda nga eh would even look better with a kobe 4 RICE PE.
pimp.gif

hope they sell some at morayta...

Originally Posted by edmin

Ganda ng jersey ng FEU

pimp.gif

Looks yummy with that "The Old Spaghetti House" sponsor logo in the center
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by soul228

Originally Posted by edmin

Ganda ng jersey ng FEU

pimp.gif

Looks yummy with that "The Old Spaghetti House" sponsor logo in the center
laugh.gif
pagkatapos ng game ng FEU Tamaraw diretso sila sa old spaghetti house

@flashout, i heard stories too, thats Philippine style of basketball for you. parang wwe na
laugh.gif
A alumni of our HS, held a good position in a certain amateur and collegiateleagues ( im sure his still there)

told us final scores of games were faxed to him kya parati nakadikit ang mga nag oodds sa kanya and he gets a lot of threats. he gave them tips once in a whilewhich were always sure ball , a lot of stories were told, videos seen...bottom line its a sad reality na wala na minsan REAL COMPETITION. Philippinebasketball where amazing happens..always
happy.gif

FEU uniforms diba sponsored ng Nike? I think I remember a sample Nike uniform in BHS ng FEU and ng UE. Pero in the UE/DLSU game today ang UE sponsored na ngAnta.

Medyo mahina ang team ng DLSU. Wala silang go to guy pag may dry spell. Parang walang vocal veteran leadership. Baka mahirapan sila maka-pasok ng Final 4. Sanama-save sila ng system ni Franz.

UE naman ang lakas. Paul Lee is definitely looking like a real veteran in UAAP. Sobra yung confidence niya kahit hindi siya maka-shoot kanina. With Espirituand Llagas plus the new comers na role players they can go a long way this year.

FEU is being Ateneo-ized. Haha. From the owners to the team manager down to the corporate sponsor (TOSH). Even its sports medicine center is headed byAteneans.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jeyps11cab

FEU uniforms diba sponsored ng Nike? I think I remember a sample Nike uniform in BHS ng FEU and ng UE. Pero in the UE/DLSU game today ang UE sponsored na ng Anta.

Medyo mahina ang team ng DLSU. Wala silang go to guy pag may dry spell. Parang walang vocal veteran leadership. Baka mahirapan sila maka-pasok ng Final 4. Sana ma-save sila ng system ni Franz.

UE naman ang lakas. Paul Lee is definitely looking like a real veteran in UAAP. Sobra yung confidence niya kahit hindi siya maka-shoot kanina. With Espiritu and Llagas plus the new comers na role players they can go a long way this year.
I completely agree. DLSU is indeed rebuilding and I even mentioned last night that 3 of the 4 Final Four slots seem to be filled even from theget-go: ADMU, FEU & UE. It's that final slot that everyone is gonna end up fighting for, IMO.

UE played a great game yesterday =)

Originally Posted by Gameover2

FEU is being Ateneo-ized. Haha. From the owners to the team manager down to the corporate sponsor (TOSH). Even its sports medicine center is headed by Ateneans.
pimp.gif
Yep. That's why there's also a tough rivalry between FEU & DLSU...
laugh.gif

IMO the UE jersey has been the best one sponsored by Anta out of all the teams they have supplied, even the PBA teams. Kinawawa yung DLSU kahapon.Grabe
indifferent.gif

UST will have a hard time this year if their opponent will play press defense against them, Fortuna can't bring the ball down that's for sure, I guessthat's the weakness spotted by Adamson late in the game, too bad for UST that they don't have an experienced point guard who can bring the ball downwhen the game is on the line, they got lucky yesterday when most of Adamson's shots are going in and out.

NU might be the dark horse for this year? too early to tell.. but their improvement is there even without their main guys.

plus the funding that they got this year.. i heard NU has a lot of promising players taking in residency.. cant wait to those guys next year

Originally Posted by soul228

I can say We're Ready for 20in09
wink.gif

FEU 2009 - 91
FEU All-Stars - 90

3700876180_a61dd8f1f0.jpg
how did johnny do? kaya pa ba? anybody got the stats for this game?

Back
Top Bottom