2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

Originally Posted by brickthrower

Will someone please tell Boom Gonzales that its Nike HYPERIZE, not HYPERSIZE! Geez!

baka malalaki kasi yung size ng paa
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by soul228

Originally Posted by Gameover2

FEU is being Ateneo-ized. Haha. From the owners to the team manager down to the corporate sponsor (TOSH). Even its sports medicine center is headed by Ateneans.
pimp.gif
Yep. That's why there's also a tough rivalry between FEU & DLSU...
laugh.gif
I'll side with FEU over La Salle all day, everyday. Except today cause Ateneo's playing the Tamaraws.
laugh.gif

Blue Eagles
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah heard boom Gonzalez kept on saying hypersize haha Nike's marketing dept does a really great job for them, thinking they get the tv network to featurethe shoes in yesterday and todays game. Also they showed/featured it during the games where dlsu and admu play. Very good marketing strategy IMO.

As for my alma mater, didn't think they would get blown out of the game. That game should've been over in the 1st half had UE made all their easybuckets that they usually hit. Hope they get better in the upcoming games. They should have someone lead them. Mangahas is capable of doing that but he shouldbe more vocal and show more confidence for the younger guys to follow. Bader has the confidence but is not suited for the job IMO, he's not as consistentand really has poor/lazy on defense. There was a sequence in yesterday's game when he was 1 on 1 against raffy Reyes on the break and he turned aroundinstead of trying to stop the ball. I hope bringas is better player than I saw play yesterday. He was really slow and looks out of shape. This could be a longseason for the archers if they continue to play like that.

my dawgs from Jocson took their early bite of the season. i like the confedence and swagger that they have right now..

saw miss mae after the game talking to the parokya peeps, i hope he taught Boom to say Hyperize and not HYPERSIZE.

as said, reading is fundamental

nice win, AMDG

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

IMG-1010.jpg

the biggest loss of the green archers this season! haha
laugh.gif

Look at manong na nasa likod..napakagat labi pa..
roll.gif

Sharon Yu
pimp.gif

Btw sponsored na ng anta ang UE? not nike?

San Beda and FEU are the only teams sponsored by Nike
wink.gif

Great Game by Ateneo yesterday...sayang FEU!

Ramos was King of the Boards literally
roll.gif
trouncing the shots to theboard!!!

Originally Posted by jepeh21

Originally Posted by soul228

I can say We're Ready for 20in09
wink.gif

FEU 2009 - 91
FEU All-Stars - 90

3700876180_a61dd8f1f0.jpg
how did johnny do? kaya pa ba? anybody got the stats for this game?
The veteran still got game...it's just that Ginebra has too many guards at the present...

I hate to say this, but my UP Maroons are not looking good at all! Man, it was painful watching them turn the ball over 37 times!
I hope its just first game jitters.
frown.gif

^ It was that bad huh? Man, UP has surely seen some better days. Missed the FEU-ADMU game but heard it was a dandy. Something tells me FEU is taking it thisyear.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by brickthrower

I hate to say this, but my UP Maroons are not looking good at all! Man, it was painful watching them turn the ball over 37 times!
I hope its just first game jitters.
frown.gif

37 TOs against the worst team in 2008. I'm not sure they'll do any better against the upper tier teams.
laugh.gif

I can see Eric Salamat salivating over the prospect of facing Mikee Reyes, Mike Gamboa and whoever else UP throws at the guard positions.

roll.gif
@ the UP player who tried to pull a behind-the-head pass on a 3-on-1fastbreak.
laugh.gif

i think the fighting maroons need a better coaching staff. they have a great cast of role players but they lack in the maturity of leadership in their coachingstaff. poor timeout calling, defensive strategy is a little off, (Arellano defends the ball better in the NCAA). no patience in the offensive end,instead ofmoving the ball more often... i think coach Ronnie Magsanoc can fill the duties... a defesive point guard with an offensive threat!

Come Fly With Me

Every season UP is in the rebuilding stage.

Rabeh should stop complaining, he should play harder instead, he's been complaining with the calls since the pre-season, he got owned by Ramos!

Letran wins the Battle of Intramuros 73 -51

Either Letran has found its bearing or Mapua just sucks.

Either way good win. We got to see the rookies at garbage time. There really is nothing right now in the incubator except perhaps for Datang. Coach Louie Alasknows that the bigtime teams will double-triple team RJ and Guevarra (who still has not fully developed the inside game especially with 2 defenders). Theyreally need help inside to prevent the opposition from clogging the middle. So watch Datang get more minutes. Del Rosario has really stepped up. Jam Cortesslowly showing his edge over Foronda for the 5-spot. Kevin Alas is starting to get his groove but oh so slowly.

I just wish that Alas gets Belencion more involved or setup plays for him. He really has the touch unfortunately he needs to be comfortable in there and getregular playing time even when they are leading and not during crunch time.

Originally Posted by airpopoy629

mapua ah este malayan sucks..wala sila matinong player..mas magaling ngayon ang blazers
pimp.gif

speaking of csb, there was a lastimosa playing for them during the summer leagues.....said to be jolas' son, can anyone confrim? i thought jolas had 3daughters only. also why is he not playing anymore? thanks

I think Lastimosa is currently on residency, I've read somewhere else about this issue, not really sure what happend with him.

man the PGs in UAAP kinda suck right now, Barroca is real good though.

Ateneo lookin a step above everyone right now.
pimp.gif
my man Ryan
pimp.gif

But i still expect DLSU to get it together, and FEU is real good too, just seems like something is missing.

One Big Fight!

Back
Top Bottom