2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

May I interest any of you in some Salmon?
nerd.gif

url
what your doing there......i see it
nerd.gif

^

I dont see why boston would do that

plus lowry is hurt right, they cant trade injured players?

but anyways, allen is a good complement to pierce and KG, tmac needs the ball in his hands when PP got those duties

and from tmacs track record, he might not even be healthy, boston might be just trading allen for a player who will eventually get injured

celtics best bet would be play out ray allen for the rest of the season, then sign him for cheap in the offseason because he wants to stay in boston

we reallllllllly need to get rid of salmons..if we do trade kirk we have to get someone just as good a defender to go at the leagues PGs..bcuz i have no confidence in derricks defense on top flight guards

but anyway..please trade salmons..please

but anyways, allen is a good complement to pierce and KG, tmac needs the ball in his hands when PP got those duties

andfrom tmacs track record, he might not even be healthy, boston might bejust trading allen for a player who will eventually get injured

celticsbest bet would be play out ray allen for the rest of the season, thensign him for cheap in the offseason because he wants to stay in boston

I figured Boston might do it since they really need a backup PG. House is a catch and shoot player not really a ball handler. They need a solid back up pg and Lowry fits that bill. I don't think he's going to be out for long. Maybe 1 to 2 weeks at most. I just felt it would be a good gamble for Boston since they look really shaky right now.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

But why would you want Emeka Okafor? So you can have an average big man with serious injury issues and a terrible contract?
You talking about Erick Dampier?
laugh.gif

FYI, Okafor has played all 82 games from each of the past two seasons.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

But why would you want Emeka Okafor? So you can have an average big man with serious injury issues and a terrible contract?
laugh.gif

What does Dampier have anything to do with anything? Other than the fact Okafor is basically Dampier playing more minutes...

I'm fully aware of what Emeka has played... Doesn't make him any better than average and doesn't change the fact his production doesn't match his contract... He's got a history of back and ankle issues...

Originally Posted by Johndaeyun

andfrom tmacs track record, he might not even be healthy, boston might bejust trading allen for a player who will eventually get injured

celticsbest bet would be play out ray allen for the rest of the season, thensign him for cheap in the offseason because he wants to stay in boston

I figured Boston might do it since they really need a backup PG. House is a catch and shoot player not really a ball handler. They need a solid back up pg and Lowry fits that bill. I don't think he's going to be out for long. Maybe 1 to 2 weeks at most. I just felt it would be a good gamble for Boston since they look really shaky right now.

Why would Houston ever do that? At this point in his career Ray Allen isn't even close to the player he used to be.
Lowry means a lot to our team, he provides energy,defense, and he pushes to ball.
The Rockets would absolutely stupid to ever contemplate this trade. The Rockets are looking to get some young talent, not someone who's aging.

laugh.gif

What does Dampier have anything to do with anything? Other than the fact Okafor is basically Dampier playing more minutes...

I'm fully aware of what Emeka has played... Doesn't make him any better than average and doesn't change the fact his production doesn't match his contract... He's got a history of back and ankle issues...
Just joking around man. Don't be mad that Dampier's contract is worse.

I didn't know a career average of 14 and 11 is average. The only season he missed a lot of games was his second season. Like I said, he played all 82 games in each of the past two seasons. Should we continue to call him injury prone because of one season? Or should we say he is relatively healthy for a center because he played 164 of the possible 164 games in the past two seasons?

I am not bigging up Okafor like he is a great center. He is a legit center that has consistently averaged at least 10 and 10 in his career. I would welcome him to the Kings if they traded away K9 and Noc for him.    

Just joking around man. Don't be mad that Dampier's contract is was worse.
Who's mad? Dampier's contract is one of the biggest trade assets in the league, and it never prevented the Mavericks from doing something they wanted to do to make the team better...
I didn't know a career average of 14 and 11 is average.
His production has gone down over the course of his career... Is he any better now than he was as a rookie? He's solid. That's it.
I am not bigging up Okafor like he is a great center. He is a legit center that has consistently averaged at least 10 and 10 in his career. I would welcome him to the Kings if they traded away K9 and Noc for him.    
He's an average basketball player that makes more money than his production is worth and the Hornets aren't trading him to take back Nocioni's contract. No way, no how.

I don't really want to waste my time defending Okafor like he is the savior that the Kings need. He might be overpaid, but most centers are in the NBA. Just like Dampier.

It is all subjective when determining which player is legit or average. You can clown Okafor all you want, just don't be mad when Mark Cuban decides he needs a center to replace Dampier next season...

I said I would welcome Okafor on the Kings. I ain't dreaming like its going to happen.

No way, no how. Are you talking about the Mavs winning a championship with Dirk?
tongue.gif

how about iguodala to the celtics for ray allen? gives the sixers just what they need in a 3 point shooter and someone who's contract won't stay on the books for long.

have a starting lineup of - iverson
ray allen
thad
brand
dalembert

i think that team could do some work with jrue, lou, speights and carney comin off the bench

Billy Hoyle wrote:
Ray Allen isnt getting traded, so whats with all these deals?

Imposter. and if you are really him @*** here

How does that remotely suggest he won't leave?
Who said that?

It suggest that Chris Bosh seems to have very little interest in being anything other than the number one guy on a team, making the idea of him playing with Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, or Kobe Bryant that I keep hering so many american writers spout off about increasingly unrealistic.

Hey but that's just my interpretation of it.

"This is the position you want to be in," said Bosh. "I always tellpeople when we were kids shooting in the back yard or in the park orsomething like that, you (dream about being) `the man' taking the lastshot. You (don't dream about being) in the corner, giving a high fiveafter `the man' hits it. You think about being the best player on thecourt. And I've been really blessed to be a focal point, and I thinkthat's really cool. It's crazy that it actually happened because Idreamt about it so much. But I'm living the dream." -Chris Bosh

Nor do I think he wants to be hugging, Kobe/LeBron/Wade after they make the last shot.
laugh.gif

But again I must preface this with full disclosure of the delusion condition that has afflicted me and my compatriots, a function of being a Raptor fan.
grin.gif

It's obviously impossible to ignore the mounting amount of imaginary evidence that Bosh will leave...
laugh.gif

You keep saying imaginary evidence as if anything you've posted suggests otherwise... He can leave and not sign with the same team as LeBron, Wade, or Kobe...

Those quotes also seem to indicate he wants more recognition... Guess what, that ain't happening in Toronto...

You keep saying imaginary evidence as if anything you've posted suggests otherwise... 1.He can leave and not sign with the same team as LeBron, Wade, or Kobe...

2. Those quotes also seem to indicate he wants more recognition... Guess what, that ain't happening in Toronto...
1. Precisely, now what would be the incentive to do that?

2. Yeah right, cause Vince carter didn't get recognition in Toronto? You get recognition when you win. Please child.
laugh.gif

Chris Bosh, Top 10 in all star fan voting he will get more when he wins and I don't think a team that doesn't have a second superstar really offers a greater shot to win than the Raps.

My point is this: I don't know what Chris Bosh is going to do, but the idea that anyone can claim that somehow that Raptors have no shot retaining Chris Bosh are lying, or are simply displaying incredible amounts of uniquely American hubris. There is no reason to think that our chances are as good if not better.
grin.gif

I'm just saying we got a pretty good shot, being able to offer him more money, a larger market for endorsement than all but 3 teams in the NBA, and considering the Raptors are broadcast nation wide in Canada and have one of the strongest international fan bases it may be even larger than any team not named the Knicks, and his best friend Jarret Jack and his really good friend Jose, both on the team and his allegedly increasing  comfort in Toronto....ah what am I saying it's too cold, hes a LOCK to leave!
roll.gif

"Usually, when I was younger, I'd come here and I couldn't wait to goback home (to Texas). I'd go home and sit there and do nothing. Now?It's like, we're going to T.O.! When you going back to Dallas? Pfft, Idon't know - whenever. I just feel comfortable here."-Chris Bosh

I am 100% delusional pay no attention to me. He was probabaly lying when he said this quote, lord knows we have every reason to believe he is a liar. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

we reallllllllly need to get rid of salmons..if we do trade kirk we have to get someone just as good a defender to go at the leagues PGs..bcuz i have no confidence in derricks defense on top flight guards

but anyway..please trade salmons..please
I see Hinrich gone for sure.  Salmons prob 75% gone too.  Maybe even Ty Thomas... 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Ray Allen isnt getting traded, so whats with all these deals?
I'd say it's 50/50.
Agreed. 

Back
Top Bottom