2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

You shouldn't, Derrick Rose is a horrendous defender.
he is, thats why Kirk was so valuable to the team.  But i guess we are just playing for next year now so
ohwell.gif

i wish chris bosh came to the hawks but i know we dont have cap for that....but man wen need a big man bad to make it past orlando

Bulls are out of their mind to trade Kirk. Moving Ty + Salmons for something is a smart move though. forget that salary cap %*#@%%$*.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Bulls are out of their mind to trade Kirk. Moving Ty + Salmons for something is a smart move though. forget that salary cap %*#@%%$*.

You can't be serious. Kirk is way overpaid for what he is. As I said in the Bulls thread, everyone on that roster is expendable except Noah and Rose (barring a blockbuster that brings them a Top 10 player). If you can clear cap space you need to clear cap space for 2010.
Of course you try to set your roster for the summer of 2010. With the current roster, the Bulls are in the NBA muck, not good enough to contend for a title as long as Bron, Wade and Kobe are around, and not bad enough to have a legit shot at a useful high lotto pick. If you trade everyone except Noah and Rose and you don't get a big name FA or two, where are you? You're in the exact same position in 2010 as you were in in 2009. You're a 5-8 seed and a 1st or 2nd rd out in the playoffs.

You don't play to make the playoffs, you play to win titles. Without another big name guy to go along with Rose and Noah, you're not winning a title.

"That" Billy Hoyle has completely succumbed to the dark side. He's persona non grata over here.

So what if hes overpaid? he does his job damn well.

Is he a good 3rd guard? Yes he is.
But the Salary Cap is going to be going down dramatically over the next couple years. You can't have a guy like Kirk on your team eating up the $ he's eating up. You're going to see the super-duper stars making Kirk Hinrich $ in the very near future.

Originally Posted by prodigalson11

So what if hes overpaid? he does his job damn well.

Is he a good 3rd guard? Yes he is.
But the Salary Cap is going to be going down dramatically over the next couple years. You can't have a guy like Kirk on your team eating up the $ he's eating up. You're going to see the super-duper stars making Kirk Hinrich $ in the very near future.
i highly doubt any of that, cap wont go down much if any at all.

If anything, you get rid of Deng first. Salmons has been able to fit into his place nicely last year, although dudes been in a slump this year.

This isnt the same as losing BG, where it was actually beneficial to the team, imo, but if kirk leaves, this team is going to be going downhill, and fast. He works damn well with D.rose. hes a good defender, he can handle the ball once rose gets tired, and hes able to make the 3 when needed.

Is anyone watching the Kings/Spurs game?

I was just watching the beginning and the Kings boardcasters said the Spurs are close to a trade.

I was wondering if any of yall can find info on this because I haven't seen this anywhere else

OKB, dont act like you know that Bosh is staying.

Bosh doesn't even know what's going to happen.

I'd prefer Bosh stayed, Colangelo got fired, and we had a GM who actually knew what the he.ll he was doing. Bosh + Bargnani + DeRozan could be a good core but we're spending so much money on role players like Calderon, Jack, Hedo, Banks, Evans, etc.
sick.gif

Well to be fair, Calderon was playing pretty well before he got injured, which was the time he got his contract, although he was still overpaid.

If they can trade him, Jack's signing would look pretty decent. The rest is pretty bad though..

Back
Top Bottom