2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

No one wants him, because you guys are literally asking the moon for him.

Iggy + Young was one rumor ive heard. complete highway robbery. Jordan Hill+ draft picks and expirings? what the hell would be the point in us trading for tmac if we're just giving up draft picks, and our lottery pick?

Morey's one of the best GMs though, he'll find a good deal somewhere as long as he lowers his asking price.

The Bosh talks can stop now.

Raptors Have No Intention Of Trading Bosh

Jan 30, 2010 10:40 AM EST

Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo says that he has no intention of trading All-Star forward Chris Bosh.

"The calls are a lot less frequent, and it's a lot less focused on Bosh. Everybody starts with, 'Well, apparently you're not trading Bosh, so can we talk about so-and-so?' " Colangelo said.

"Our intention is, we're not going to move him, so we're not discussing a scenario (that includes Bosh)."

Earlier in the season, when Toronto was struggling, trade rumors involving Bosh started to heat up. However, over the last few dozen games, the Raptors have starred to click on the court.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/

i wouldnt mind seeing this.

Successful Trade Scenario

[h3]Congratulations on a successful trade.[/h3]
Due to Dallas being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

[h3]Change in Team Outlook: -0.7 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and -0.6 apg. [/h3][table][tr][th="col"]Incoming Players[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Howard_Josh_dal.jpg
[/td][td]Josh Howard
6-7 SF from Wake Forest
12.0 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 26.8 minutes [/td][/tr][tr][td]
Thomas_Tim_dal.jpg
[/td][td]Tim Thomas
6-10 SF / PF from Villanova
7.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.8 apg in 15.8 minutes [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][th="col"]Outgoing Players[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg
[/td][td]Kevin Martin
6-7 SG from Western Carolina
20.2 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 3.0 apg in 36.2 minutes[/td][/tr][/table]

Dallas Trade Breakdown

[h3]Change in Team Outlook: +0.7 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and +0.6 apg. [/h3][table][tr][th="col"]Incoming Players[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg
[/td][td]Kevin Martin
6-7 SG from Western Carolina
20.2 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 3.0 apg in 36.2 minutes [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][th="col"]Outgoing Players[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Howard_Josh_dal.jpg
[/td][td]Josh Howard
6-7 SF from Wake Forest
12.0 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 26.8 minutes[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Thomas_Tim_dal.jpg
[/td][td]Tim Thomas
6-10 SF / PF from Villanova
7.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.8 apg in 15.8 minutes[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by hennySMASH

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

If I were cleveland I'd trade Bron Bron for 1st rd pick (John Wall) and a bunch of players. At least this way Cleveland can get something because LBJ is not resigning and no one wants to play in Cleveland
288mjwg.jpg
knicks or not hes not staying in cleveland. I mean 1. Its Cleveland and 2. Its the Cavaliars.

As a Knick fan Im not worried, NY is one of the biggest market w/ the most talented team w/o a star, Joe Johnson or Dwade gon love it here. Keep thinkin Bron is gonna stay lol
You must be special. You really think that the Knicks are in the best position to acquire Bron? You dudes can't even lock down a playoff berth let alone land a superstar.

And since you want to break things down, well here:

1. No indication was ever made by Lebron to play in NY.
2. He's from Cleveland.
3. The Cavaliers are the best team in the NBA.
4. Don't ever post here again.

Personally I think Morey is holding out for Jrue or this deal would have been done. It's certainly a dark cloud over the team.

6ers dont need to make any moves whatsoever, unless its firing that coach.
They have a real talent roster that can play big, or small. I could understand shedding some salary though. that payroll is
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Beats05

The Kings need a legit big man. We're good at point guard and have way too many shooting guards and small forwards. People thinking the Kings will trade Martin for their crap should at least be offering 4s or 5s. Anything else suggests you're not thinking beyond your team's needs, which suggests you shouldn't even be proposing any trades.

Having a lot of Kings fans and listening to Kings fans on here make me laugh.  Before last season, and before this season, all the Kings fans I know were hyping up Hawes and Thompson to the point that they ALL felt the Kings were SET on big men for the near and distant future.  Now you guys are saying that if you trade Martin you now need legit big men.
You guys make me laugh.  

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

If I were cleveland I'd trade Bron Bron for 1st rd pick (John Wall) and a bunch of players. At least this way Cleveland can get something because LBJ is not resigning and no one wants to play in Cleveland
288mjwg.jpg
knicks or not hes not staying in cleveland. I mean 1. Its Cleveland and 2. Its the Cavaliars.

As a Knick fan Im not worried, NY is one of the biggest market w/ the most talented team w/o a star, Joe Johnson or Dwade gon love it here. Keep thinkin Bron is gonna stay lol
You must be special. You really think that the Knicks are in the best position to acquire Bron? You dudes can't even lock down a playoff berth let alone land a superstar.

2. He's from Cleveland.

1. U mad
2. He wouldnt be getting out of his contract if he wanted to stay there, It may not be NY but it sure as hell aint CLE.
3. CLE is the best team cause of bron, how many playoff berths were ya'll locking down before 03?
laugh.gif

4. Dont ever come at me sideways

Knicks are in a rebuilding stage, they have been in awhile. Blame Marbury, Blame Isiah.

Knicks ALWAYS play toe to toe w/ the best of them, its obvious something is missing.

To be honest i could give 2 $@!$!, if we dont get LBJ (which im sure we will) It'll be Wade, if not him its Joe.
pimp.gif

I Hope the Kings Trade Kevin Martin. I never liked dude hes gotta be the one of the softest players in the whole League and has the ugliest shooting forms.

VVVVNDS AIR JORDAN SPACE JAMS SIZE 10 $230 Shipped PM For Pics

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Beats05

The Kings need a legit big man. We're good at point guard and have way too many shooting guards and small forwards. People thinking the Kings will trade Martin for their crap should at least be offering 4s or 5s. Anything else suggests you're not thinking beyond your team's needs, which suggests you shouldn't even be proposing any trades.

Having a lot of Kings fans and listening to Kings fans on here make me laugh.  Before last season, and before this season, all the Kings fans I know were hyping up Hawes and Thompson to the point that they ALL felt the Kings were SET on big men for the near and distant future.  Now you guys are saying that if you trade Martin you now need legit big men.
You guys make me laugh.  

What Kings fans are you talking about? Must be the ones you know personally cause ain't no Kings fan on NT seems to like Hawes. I already had fun talking with a Warriors fan about the Warriors bigs in the fantasy thread so I'm good... And if the Kings do trade Martin, what is wrong with getting a legit big man? Hawes is in his third year and JT is in his second only. They need some veteran that can teach them how to play defense without fouling out. Nothing wrong with trying to get an upgrade though.

so nicedude, you still think martin and reke can coexist? i mean i havent been watching the games, but the record tells me a lot, and i know it cant be a damn coincidence.

I hope we get Martin for Howard & Thomas. Makes sense for the Kings too since Howards got a Team Option for next year.

Kings are losing with Martin back; they can't be that blind and not notice they are far better with just Tyreke running things

Nobody is going to trade a legitimate big man for a one-diminsional player that does nothing very well besides score...

Don't get me wrong, Martin can play, but he's not a guy you build around and his trade value will reflect that... He's a complementary piece, not a cornerstone...

Somewhere like Dallas or Cleveland, where they need a legitimate scorer, he's a good fit.. But he's not in a lot of other places.

Sources: Celtics Looking To Deal Allen

Feb 01, 2010 3:58 PM EST

Multiple sources have told Yahoo! Sports that the Celtics are looking to trade Ray Allen for a younger, cheaper guard with an expiring contract.

In doing so, Boston would be able to find a replacement for Allen, 34, without losing him and his $20 million expiring contract for nothing this summer.

Celtics president Danny Ainge will have a difficult decision to make because there really isn't a guard available that is currently at Allen's level.

Allen has expressed his desire to re-sign with the Celtics this offseason, but has also acknowledged the fact that the interest may not be mutual.

Well hes not getting dealt for Josh Howard, thats for sure.

Unless you guys are willingly to take on Noic.'s contract and give them dampier, then that may be worth it, saving money wise. Kings arent really interested in signing anyone this offsseason though, are they?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Stat might be a nice fit...

Originally Posted by YoungGunna714

I Hope the Kings Trade Kevin Martin. I never liked dude hes gotta be the one of the softest players in the whole League and has the ugliest shooting forms.

VVVVNDS AIR JORDAN SPACE JAMS SIZE 10 $230 Shipped PM For Pics
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ the contract the Kings gave him. Never liked him either.

Kevin Martin & Tyreke Evans can't co-exsist. They both demand a lot of shots. I like Martin's game but like you guys have said, he is just a scorer. I don't see Martin as very good trade bait. He is an offensive minded player that is very injury prone.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

288mjwg.jpg

2. He's from Cleveland.

1. U mad
2. He wouldnt be getting out of his contract if he wanted to stay there, It may not be NY but it sure as hell aint CLE.
3. CLE is the best team cause of bron, how many playoff berths were ya'll locking down before 03?
laugh.gif

4. Dont ever come at me sideways

Knicks are in a rebuilding stage, they have been in awhile. Blame Marbury, Blame Isiah.

Knicks ALWAYS play toe to toe w/ the best of them, its obvious something is missing.

To be honest i could give 2 $@!$!, if we dont get LBJ (which im sure we will) It'll be Wade, if not him its Joe.
pimp.gif
1. what a stupid response, people use "u mad" whenever you can't think of anything else to say or what
2. Do you really think the only reason he is opting out because he doesnt want to stay there, plenty of NBA players have opted out with the intention of resigning with their teams for more money and longer contract like gilbert and kobe
3. It took the cavs what like 6 years to actually be a contender for the championship, lebron will not go to the knicks and wait another 6 years to become a contender again, it may not be 6, but lebron will be 30 by the time the knicks will actually be in talks for a championship, why would lebron wanna start over
4. Seriously? Trade Lebron for #1 pick and he wont play for the Cavs again? Idiotic

BS, the knick organization is banking everything on lebron, wade and JJ are great, but really they will be 34 by the time the knicks are even relevant

Everyone is saying knicks might sign lebron or bosh or wade or melo the next year in 2011

i see the knicks having a better chance of signing none of those, bosh at best

3. It took the cavs what like 6 years to actually be a contender for the championship, lebron will not go to the knicks and wait another 6 years to become a contender again, it may not be 6, but lebron will be 30 by the time the knicks will actually be in talks for a championship, why would lebron wanna start over
youre kidding yourself.

LeBron could go to ANY team in the league and immediately win 50+.

This is not fres outa HS LeBron anymore.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Well hes not getting dealt for Josh Howard, thats for sure.

Unless you guys are willingly to take on Noic.'s contract and give them dampier, then that may be worth it, saving money wise. Kings arent really interested in signing anyone this offsseason though, are they?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Stat might be a nice fit...
And I've said I didn't think the Kings would do that deal without getting out from under another contract... Though I think it's ill-advised...

It's obvious something isn't right with the K-Mart/Reke dynamic and Martin isn't exactly a bargain given he's locked up long-term and he's hardly ever healthy... People site Howard's injury history as reason for his reduced value, but Martin's is more extensive and just as bad recently...

He's a shooting guard that isn't a good defender, isn't a playmaker, and doesn't create for everybody else on the floor... He's a great scorer, but that's all he is. I think people have seriously overestimated his value...

Back
Top Bottom