2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by Al3xis

3. It took the cavs what like 6 years to actually be a contender for the championship, lebron will not go to the knicks and wait another 6 years to become a contender again, it may not be 6, but lebron will be 30 by the time the knicks will actually be in talks for a championship, why would lebron wanna start over
youre kidding yourself.

LeBron could go to ANY team in the league and immediately win 50+.

This is not fres outa HS LeBron anymore.
there is a big difference between a championship contender and 50 win team

last season there was about 2-3 teams that would be contending for the title

Interesting feedback from everyone.

First things first, the Kings overachieved in the months of November and December. The Kings have been struggling before Kevin Martin came back in the beginning of January. The keys to the Kings' losses were not on the offensive end, but the defensive end and turnovers. The easy excuse is to blame Kevin Martin. But what about the lack of interior defense that has been hurting the Kings the whole season? Look at the wins the Kings have gotten post December. Pretty much Warriors and Nuggets. Teams that don't have big offensive big men that the Kings have no answer for right now.

Why would the Kings be better without Kevin Martin? Can someone get a stat check for me? I remember in the Jazz game last week that they combined to score 58 pts. No one else did anything and they were abused by Paul Millsap's 32. The the next game against the Bobcats, Tyreke gets hurt and Martin by himself had a good game with 31 pts. The problem? Mr. Nazr Mohammed playing like an All-Star and Gerald Wallace doing his thing.

Evans's average since Martin's return is 18-3-5.
Martin's average is 19-3-3.
9 games total not including the Nuggets game last night which Evans was injured and did not play. Seems to me Evans lost 2 pts and 2 rebounds from his average, but Martin lost a lot more in regards to scoring. So who is hurting who again?

Safe to say the Kings are not trying to get a Chris Bosh with Kevin Martin. Like mentioned plenty of times, the Kings were interested in Emeka Okafor in the beginning of the season. He is a legit big man imo Nowitness.

The Kings have no chance of getting a big star in the off-season. The last good FA that signed with the Kings was VLADE DIVAC. The Kings do want money in return, but that doesn't help the Kings right now on the court.

Kevin Martin signed a 5 year $55 million contract. Folks are trippin when we got guys like Rudy Gay who is one dimensional himself demanding Iggy money. Yes, Memphis is winning now. But if the Kings had continued to play around .500 ball would people still be mad at Martin's contract? Yes... 

How am I suppose to respond to people that don't like how Martin shoots? Go sign off NT.

Kevin Martin is one of the hardest working (if not the hardest) players on the Kings. He might not show it on the court, but dude has the same Kobe summer routine. Meaning he lives in the gym. It is unfortunate that he gets injured a lot, but I am pretty no one gets injured on purpose.

And no, no Josh Howard for the Kings. His contract might be ending, but he has done less than Martin ever since both signed their extensions. Why trade for less and lose Howard too at the end of the season. IMO though, the Josh Howard types are the only players that would sign with the Kings. No Chris Bosh, no Wade...    

But why would you want Emeka Okafor? So you can have an average big man with serious injury issues and a terrible contract?

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

3. It took the cavs what like 6 years to actually be a contender for the championship, lebron will not go to the knicks and wait another 6 years to become a contender again, it may not be 6, but lebron will be 30 by the time the knicks will actually be in talks for a championship, why would lebron wanna start over
youre kidding yourself.

fine then, any team LeBron goes to is a championship contender the second he signs.

you'd really dispute that?

If Lebron signs with the Bucks right now, they won't be a championship contender.

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

either way, you're looking at a max of 2 years to hit that status with him. Not 6 years.

Just saying...Lebron himself was quoted saying "I'm not from Cleveland either, I'm loyal to Akron" or something of that sort. It's semantics...but he said it himself.

$*** all this bickering beef... We need to move Kirk & Tyrus for expiring contracts....

Any Takers?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

$*** all this bickering beef... We need to move Kirk & Tyrus for expiring contracts....

Any Takers?
nerd.gif
Ur outta ur mind Sey. The team is playing well, and ur ready to dismantle??  I understand what ur trying to do, but damn, if this fails we're gonna have a broke !## squad next year.

youre kidding yourself.

fine then, any team LeBron goes to is a championship contender the second he signs.

you'd really dispute that?

laugh.gif
shows your basketball knowledge
laugh.gif

even if lebron leaves, he most likely will be with a team that sucks, only a handful of teams have cap space

and the only team that is actually has a chance to get past the first round with cap space is the mavs

and the only team that is actually has a chance to get past the first round with cap space is the mavs
It's not gonna happen so it doesn't matter, but LeBron with the Mavs ---> Contenders. Immediately.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Any Takers?
nerd.gif

Ur outta ur mind Sey. The team is playing well, and ur ready to dismantle??  I understand what ur trying to do, but damn, if this fails we're gonna have a broke !## squad next year.

I sincerely believe that we can make the playoffs without them G.  In My Heart Of Hearts.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

It's not gonna happen so it doesn't matter, but LeBron with the Mavs ---> Contenders. Immediately.

Ummm, Bulls??

NKEAIR wrote:

Ummm, Bulls??

Mavs roster >>>> bulls roster.

Any Takers?
nerd.gif
I like the way we are playing also.  And knowing our front office we won't sign anybody because our FO is dumb as hell

Ummm, Bulls??
you can make the case for bulls

but basically, any team (that has cap space) lebron leaves for will be a downgrade except maybe the mavs

im not sure if the thunder has cap space, but if lebron signs with them, which is unlikely, they would be a problem down the line after a few drafts and vet signings

Ummm, Bulls??
you can make the case for bulls

but basically, any team (that has cap space) lebron leaves for will be a downgrade except maybe the mavs

im not sure if the thunder has cap space, but if lebron signs with them, which is unlikely, they would be a problem down the line after a few drafts and vet signings
roll.gif
No, they would be instant championship contenders.

I really hope the Sixers don't trade Iguodala or Dalembert. We have great talent on our team & I would hate either one to get traded. Our problem is not the roster but this dumb %&% Eddie Jordan. He has the most inconsistent line-ups I have ever seen.

I don't see the Kings giving up Thompson unless it's a lopsided deal.

The Celtics should just let Ray Allen play the season out and then move him. Hopefully, get Pierce to sign a cap friendly deal and go from there.

I tried doing a trade on the NBA trade section. Tell me what you guys think.
Boston Receives
Tmac
Kyle Lowry

Houston Receives
Ray Allen
Scalabrine

Before I get grilled, hear me out. This trade will benefit Houston because Battier can return to his more natural role as the 6th man. Ariza can move over to his natural position at SF. They would have a formidable starting lineup and the bench would be pretty strong as well. Plus Allen comes off the books as well so it's minimal risk in my opinion. Plus they add one of the greatest shooters ever.

Houston New Lineup
Brooks
Allen
Ariza
Scola
Hayes

Battier
Landry
Budinger
Taylor
Conroy
Scalabrine

For Boston, this would be a no brainer. They would get younger by acquiring Lowry who could be starting for some teams(Lakers, Knicks, Pacers). Tmac would be a risk but not a huge one since he's due to come off the books. Their lineup would look like this.

Rondo
Tmac
Pierce
Garnett
Perkins

Sheed
Lowry
Quise
House
Shelden
Big Baby aka Uno Uno
T. Allen

All in all, it would be minimal risk for both sides as all players involved in the deal are coming off the books.

Back
Top Bottom