2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I think that trade is lopsided, in Philly's favor
Amare wouldn't even sign with Philly during the offseason. The deal works out for Phoenix.

I can't believe that David Stern allowed this to happen under his watch.

it's a diluted league and a team like Philly is looking to get rid of its best player, but keep Elton Brand
smh.gif

The thing is holden, nobody wants Brand's contract if we could I'm sure Stefanski would unload Iggy & Brand.  Iggy is the only player that actually has value on this squad that we're willing to let go. This is all Stefanski's fault, giving Iggy and Brand too much money.  In the off-season I hope we fire Eddie Jordan and get a real coach.  Also stop with this fast pace offense, its not going to win a championship ever.

Sorry if this rumor has been posted but supposedly theres a trade offer on the table with Dallas.

Dallas will get:
Iggy
Brand
Green

Sixers will get:
Dampier
Howard
Barea
Gooden

^ i think that's just a rumor....otherwise that's one of the worst trade offers i've ever seen.

josh howard is garbage now and the other 3 have been garbage

Phillys would take it, for the sole purpose of cutting salary. its not going to happen though.

the first move philly needs to make is fire eddie jordan. see how the team plays out before making moves.

NBA needs to get ride of any contract over three years of length. Dudes get paid and fat once and never care again.

Originally Posted by DubA169

NBA needs to get ride of any contract over three years of length. Dudes get paid and fat once and never care again.
I feel the same way

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

I can't believe that David Stern allowed this to happen under his watch.

it's a diluted league and a team like Philly is looking to get rid of its best player, but keep Elton Brand
smh.gif
I'm so sick of Brand, it's not even funny
smh.gif
If (and most likely when) Iggy leaves, I will cry
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

A combo of loss in production & attitude has hurt CD-R's chances of staying with us. He'll most likely be the 1st of the young guys to get shipped out.

He comes off as a tool.  Especially on Twitter.

Originally Posted by xblker47

I feel the same way
Next CBA (current one ends after next season) you will have your wish. Hard cap, no guaranteed contracts longer than 3 yrs (you will be able to sign for longer, but they can be voided after 3). The Kobe/Bron/Wade type stars wont make much more than $8MM/yr. Change is coming. 

The not so surprising word from Chicago tonight is that Hinrich is on the verge of being dealt. Could be as soon as Monday. Not really a surprise but it sounds like it's about done.

Originally Posted by prodigalson11

The not so surprising word from Chicago tonight is that Hinrich is on the verge of being dealt. Could be as soon as Monday. Not really a surprise but it sounds like it's about done.

happy.gif
I hope so

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

No way in hell Dallas does that trade...
Why wouldn't Dallas do that trade?

Aren't they looking to win now
they're front court would be thin as hell. i most likely see dallas sending them cash so that philly can waive them so that they could sign back after 30 days (if that deal actually happens which i dont)

and whats the rumored trade for hinrich?

Originally Posted by xblker47

I feel the same way

Ditto. But I never see it happening. The players association will never agree to it

You are crazy if you think Billy Hunter and the PA is going to give in to those demands. It is going to be a long lockout, if the owners and Stern believe they are going to turn the NBA PA into the NFL PA aka the worst PA of all the the big three sports. I find it funny people always want to blame the players for their contracts, but yet these owners and gm's are the one's signing them to these absurd deals. It's comical that a league commissioner has to protect owners from themselves. How pathetic

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by jamergrady

Whats good with T-Mac.

He got injured again after your made a post.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Funnest joke I ever heard........................
indifferent.gif

Since you're poor attempt at a funny T-Mac joke..

I think you need to.
358um2w.gif

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

You are crazy if you think Billy Hunter and the PA is going to give in to those demands. It is going to be a long lockout, if the owners and Stern believe they are going to turn the NBA PA into the NFL PA aka the worst PA of all the the big three sports. I find it funny people always want to blame the players for their contracts, but yet these owners and gm's are the one's signing them to these absurd deals. It's comical that a league commissioner has to protect owners from themselves. How pathetic

The one major difference between the NFL and NBA = NFL owners are making $. Over 1/2 the NBA teams are hemorrhaging cash right now. Players don't have 2nd incomes, owners do. Most players can't afford to strike or be locked out. As much $ as players make, most of them live paycheck to paycheck. Just wait.
3 yr max guaranteed contracts, hard cap. It's coming.

Back
Top Bottom