2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by jamergrady

Whats good with T-Mac.

He got injured again after your made a post.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by jamergrady

Whats good with T-Mac.

He got injured again after your made a post.
roll.gif

not
indifferent.gif
these T-mac jokes are getting outplayed. Anyways, hope my dude gets trade and if not, give him playing time!

so where is hinrich going?

how bout hinrich, salmons, and miller for brown, farmar, mbenga, and sasha??? lol

Originally Posted by prodigalson11

Originally Posted by xblker47

Originally Posted by DubA169

NBA needs to get ride of any contract over three years of length. Dudes get paid and fat once and never care again.
I feel the same way
Next CBA (current one ends after next season) you will have your wish. Hard cap, no guaranteed contracts longer than 3 yrs (you will be able to sign for longer, but they can be voided after 3). The Kobe/Bron/Wade type stars wont make much more than $8MM/yr. Change is coming. 
I don't see how this is going to affect the current crop of superstars. By the time the new CBA is done with, they would've already signed their new contracts and extensions. It's the Kevin Durants, OJ Mayos, and Chris Pauls  etc (essentially the next crop of stars) that are going to be affected by this .. All you have to do is think back to this CBA and Chris Webber, Kevin Garnett, and Juwan Howard's contracts that were signed before it went into effect
I

On some real stuff I think Houston should package Trevor Ariza with McGrady or just trade Ariza for something of value and let McGrady play till his contract vanishes.

All I have to go on are box scores, but this dude has percentages like he shoots blindfolded.

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

NBA needs to get ride of any contract over three years of length. Dudes get paid and fat once and never care again.
I feel the same way
Next CBA (current one ends after next season) you will have your wish. Hard cap, no guaranteed contracts longer than 3 yrs (you will be able to sign for longer, but they can be voided after 3). The Kobe/Bron/Wade type stars wont make much more than $8MM/yr. Change is coming. 
I don't see how this is going to affect the current crop of superstars. By the time the new CBA is done with, they would've already signed their new contracts and extensions. It's the Kevin Durants, OJ Mayos, and Chris Pauls  etc (essentially the next crop of stars) that are going to be affected by this .. All you have to do is think back to this CBA and Chris Webber, Kevin Garnett, and Juwan Howard's contracts that were signed before it went into effect
I

I read on espn that players contracts will be modified to fit the new CBA agreement EVEN if the sign their deals before it is actually put into play.. Its about to get realll ugly

why swap expiring for expiring, and whose going to be their center? where will thomas play with tawn?

I see this deal happening after the wizs major shakeup though.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

The Kings need to trade Kevin Martin though. He's just not a good fit for the rest of his teammates. Plus they should trade him while his value is still at its highest, because even if these guys play together, they still won't be at an elite level.
That is pretty obvious man. What do you expect from a team that won 17 games last year? Tyreke Evans is the real deal, but it will take more than 1 season for the Kings to be even near the OKC and Memphis teams...
I'm not the one who doesn't realize this. They should've traded him a long time ago, but all the Kings management and fans have generally been regarding this guy as the next Dwyane Wade or something. The upcoming deadline is pretty much the last time the Kings can get anything of value for him (not that they'd be getting close to a starting big man like they'd want)... otherwise I'd bet a lot of teams would sour on him after watching what he does to this team through the end of the season. If I were them, I'd try to get some deal like Martin for Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas, or some combination of players that are trying to get moved. Someone like Hinrich would play off Tyreke Evans a lot better than Martin.
A long time ago as in when? When he was injured so the Kings would have no advantage at all? No one is regarding him as the next Wade. Get out of here with that garbage just to make your point. Kings fans like me are hoping for a legit big man like Okafor. Not Dwight Howard. The trade deadline is not the last chance the Kings will get anything good from a trade. It is quite the opposite. If Martin proves to everyone that he can stay healthy for the rest of the season, the Kings will not be disadvantaged in trying to trade an injured Martin before this trade deadline. He is not at 100% right now.

And what is he doing to the Kings? Do I seriously need to defend Kevin Martin until the end of time? The problem with the Kings as a team is not Kevin Martin. Sure, he is not perfect, but he is not the main reason why the Kings have been struggling. Please refer to an earlier post in this thread where I explain just what the Kings need to have in order to be around a .500 team again.

The Hinrich and Thomas trade was brought up already. However, it was for K9 and Noc. LOL.  

lmao K9 and noc kings will rob the bulls if that happened.

Originally Posted by chicksNkicks

I feel the same way
I

I read on espn that players contracts will be modified to fit the new CBA agreement EVEN if the sign their deals before it is actually put into play.. Its about to get realll ugly

That is correct, sir.

Hmm .. that makes no sense at all .. You had guys with complete albatross of a contract last CBA and they slid by .. Well I guess all we could do is wait and see since it's all speculative right now .. Also if that holds out to be true it makes this offseason all that more interesting

Hmm .. that makes no sense at all .. You had guys with complete albatross of a contract last CBA and they slid by .. Well I guess all we could do is wait and see since it's all speculative right now .. Also if that holds out to be true it makes this offseason all that more interesting
It all goes back to the fact that the majority of NBA teams are losing tons of money right now. I think the NBAPA would have a much easier fight if the NBA was raking in $ like the NFL is, but that's just not the case right now.

Yeah I know and understand all of that but, all I could think of right now is Shaq getting his extension in right before the CBA being up, Juwann's 10 year 200 mil contract and KG making 25 mill a year but mainly Juwann's since there was an outcry to getting his contract voided .. My only problem with all of this is what happens when things turn around .. For example they want to lower the player's profit sharing percentage and drastically decrease their contract [hmm come to think of don't by decreasing their profit sharing percentage doesn't that automatically decrease the size of their contract] .. so what happens when profit margins increase do they give back some of what they've taken or just keep it all like what the NFL does

Yeah I know and understand all of that but, all I could think of right now is Shaq getting his extension in right before the CBA being up, Juwann's 10 year 200 mil contract and KG making 25 mill a year but mainly Juwann's since there was an outcry to getting his contract voided .. My only problem with all of this is what happens when things turn around .. For example they want to lower the player's profit sharing percentage and drastically decrease their contract [hmm come to think of don't by decreasing their profit sharing percentage doesn't that automatically decrease the size of their contract] .. so what happens when profit margins increase do they give back some of what they've taken or just keep it all like what the NFL does
One would assume that once it turns back around and the margins start increasing the players would bring the issue back to the table when the next CBA expires in 2017.
I didn't read about the profit sharing being decreased though, it does seem redundant to lower salaries AND lower profit sharing. If anything I would have thought they would keep profit sharing the same so when the league does pick back up the players see some of the money prior to the CBA negotiations starting back up in 2017.

Yeah I read about the profit sharing on slam, but didn't see anything about how it's connected to the lowering of the contracts of the leagues highest paid players ... Basically it said the owner want to decrease the players profit sharing percentage and/should cut the salary of its highest paid player by about 35%

Players vs Owners: Prepare for War

by Marcel Mutoni / @marcel_mutoni

For months now, it’s been no secret that NBA team owners — men stinging from the loss of millions in revenue in the wake of the global economic crisis — were coming for the jugular in the upcoming labor negotiations with the players. A picture of exactly what it is that they want has begun to paint itself.

Let’s just say that things aren’t looking very promising for Billy Hunter and the people he represents. CBS Sports broke the story of the owners’ initial salvo into the battle:

The proposal, sent to the union earlier this week, seeks a reduction in the players’ share of basketball-related income from 57 percent to well below 50 percent, according to a person familiar with the document. Owners also are seeking some elements of a hard cap — a departure from the current luxury-tax system — and a reduction in the length and amount of max contracts.

Owners and players will meet in Dallas during All-Star weekend for their first face-to-face bargaining session as they try to reach an agreement before the current deal expires in 2011. The talks coincide with the NFL’s labor negotiation, in which owners have proposed an 18 percent pay cut for players.

Everyone seems to be in agreement that the players are basically screwed here; even with the growing possibility of a lockout in the 2011-12 season, the Union will have little choice but to agree to the owners’ demands.

For now, however, it’s time for some tough talk from the players. Courtesy of the Orlando Sentinel, here’s Adonal Foyle (of all people):

Orlando Magic center and NBA Players Association first vice president Adonal Foyle on Sunday labeled owners’ newest collective bargaining agreement offer “unfair

Back
Top Bottom