2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by sensation87

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

I think the Spurs or Jazz need to make a move for Ray Allen.

http://games.espn.go.com/...eMachine?tradeId=yzaafu5

http://games.espn.go.com/...eMachine?tradeId=yfadf4v

How do any of those trades make the spurs or jazz better? It seems what you meant to say was "I think the spurs or jazz need to get suckered into trading for Ray Allen."
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

You don't see how that makes the Spurs better? You replace a weak, underachieving Richard Jefferson with Ray Allen...and you don't see how that makes them better? Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, and Ray Allen. With Popovich as the coach? I really think that Ray Allen instead of RJ will make that team THAT much better.

And how does it make the Jazz better? First of all, let's be serious: We all know Boozer isn't coming back to that team.

With that said, Millsap is the future PF for Utah. He's not a starter (and not getting starter minutes) right now because of Boozer. If they trade Boozer to free up the 4 spot, they won't be losing a WHOLE LOT. And with Ray Allen, they are getting a top-notch outside shooter, which they don't currently have (sorry KLJ,
indifferent.gif
Korver
indifferent.gif
doesn't count.)

Originally Posted by BangDak

No one wants him though. his value is his contract.
Look at how the Wizards are doing right now.

Igoudala is a bit out there, but the Wizards should be in a firesale mode.

Josh in a new role will still be decent. He's not BAD, but the chemistry of this team ain't right now.

No, hes not good. Hell never be more than a 3rd option. And I think the reason is that, hes so hurt his jump shot will never be consistent. Hes gonna turn into a Richard Jefferson, if he hasnt already.
(Im speaking about J Howard btw.)

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

So you think the Warriors would do that trade?
roll.gif

First of all, I'm a Warriors' fan.

And you two are probably too dumb to understand why it makes sense, because all you do is see the players involved and don't factor in the financial aspect of it.

Monta Ellis is not going to take this team anywhere. Period.

Yeah, he's an exciting scorer, but if a Monta Ellis team were to ever win a championship, he'd be the 3rd option at best.

Maggete's contract is all bad, and the Warriors BEEN lookin' to move it.

So they'd lose Monta's $55 million, and Maggete's $36 million...that's $91 million off the books.

They'd have to pay RJ 28.4 million, and Roger Mason Jr. 3.7 million. That's a total of $32 million. They'd be freeing up $60 million.

Is Monta's contract horrible? No.
Is Maggete's contract horrible? Yes.

They have to make these types of moves if we want them in the playoffs.

Everybody loves Monta, but let's be serious.

Ok, let's be serious. This team just released a valuable 5.2 million dollar expiring contract in Speedy Claxton to keep a D-Leaguer less than two weeks before the trade deadline. They had a 10 million dollar trade exception from the Jason Richardson trade and didn't use it. The last time they did have cap room, they used it to as you said sign Corey Maggette to a horrible contract. Let's face it. No elite caliber player is signing with the Warriors. Maybe some mid-level talent will, but you will have to overpay just like Corey Maggette. I'd rather stick with the talent that they have, get healthy, and hopefully draft a difference maker and see what they have next season.

roll.gif
no lets be serious, this trade is ridiculous 
laugh.gif

there is no way in hell the warriors front office can get away with trading monta, maggette and morrow (and i dont care about maggette at ALL)

and end up with richard jefferson and roger mason 
sick.gif

and sending all three to boston?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 %%@!.

i hate maggette and his contract, but i wouldnt sacrifice ellis to get rid of it.

boston would be gettin an absolute steal by only having to let go of ray allen

and spurs would be losing newly signed RJ and mason jr for basically an expiring contract. i dont see him dramatically changing their team.

plus you know warrior fans, theyd be 500 deep in front of the oracle 5 minutes after this trade goes live
laugh.gif

roll.gif

First of all, I'm a Warriors' fan.

And you two are probably too dumb to understand why it makes sense, because all you do is see the players involved and don't factor in the financial aspect of it.

Monta Ellis is not going to take this team anywhere. Period.

Yeah, he's an exciting scorer, but if a Monta Ellis team were to ever win a championship, he'd be the 3rd option at best.

Maggete's contract is all bad, and the Warriors BEEN lookin' to move it.

So they'd lose Monta's $55 million, and Maggete's $36 million...that's $91 million off the books.

They'd have to pay RJ 28.4 million, and Roger Mason Jr. 3.7 million. That's a total of $32 million. They'd be freeing up $60 million.

Is Monta's contract horrible? No.
Is Maggete's contract horrible? Yes.

They have to make these types of moves if we want them in the playoffs.

Everybody loves Monta, but let's be serious.

you sure you a warrior fan and not a celtic fan? lol

The Houston Rockets are in the discussion stages of a complicated, three-team trade that would send Tracy McGrady(notes) to the New York Knicks, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The centerpieces of the trade would include the Washington Wizards shipping forward Caron Butler(notes) and center Brendan Haywood(notes) to the Rockets. The Knicks would send Al Harrington(notes)to the Wizards. For the Wizards’ part, they would still need anotherplayer, as well as a draft pick and cash to make this a workablescenario, sources said.

Otherplayers and contracts would still need to be agreed upon for a deal tocome together, but there is a framework to the discussions.

The Rockets have been peddling McGrady’s expiring contract of $23 million since exiling him in late December.

That's a good trade for the Rockets and Wizards. Rockets add some depth to their roster while the Wizards shed some salary. The Knicks dont really gain or lose anything out of the deal.

Originally Posted by sensation87

I think the Spurs or Jazz need to make a move for Ray Allen.

http://games.espn.go.com/...eMachine?tradeId=yzaafu5

http://games.espn.go.com/...eMachine?tradeId=yfadf4v

How do any of those trades make the spurs or jazz better? It seems what you meant to say was "I think the spurs or jazz need to get suckered into trading for Ray Allen."
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

You don't see how that makes the Spurs better? You replace a weak, underachieving Richard Jefferson with Ray Allen...and you don't see how that makes them better? Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, and Ray Allen. With Popovich as the coach? I really think that Ray Allen instead of RJ will make that team THAT much better.

And how does it make the Jazz better? First of all, let's be serious: We all know Boozer isn't coming back to that team.

With that said, Millsap is the future PF for Utah. He's not a starter (and not getting starter minutes) right now because of Boozer. If they trade Boozer to free up the 4 spot, they won't be losing a WHOLE LOT. And with Ray Allen, they are getting a top-notch outside shooter, which they don't currently have (sorry KLJ,
indifferent.gif
Korver
indifferent.gif
doesn't count.)
You think ray allen is the answer for the Spurs? If you say so.
grin.gif

As for the Jazz, they are looking for something more than a 1 year rental in exchange for Boozer as well as some young talent and I don't think Ray and Tony Allen fit the bill.
The Rockets and Celtics would do this trade in a heartbeat though.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

That's a good trade for the Rockets and Wizards. Rockets add some depth to their roster while the Wizards shed some salary. The Knicks dont really gain or lose anything out of the deal.
We get rid of a blackhole, and hopefully maybe jefferies contract, although i dont mind keeping it.

All i want is to get rid of buckets, duhon, and hughes.

Originally Posted by jamergrady

I Don't want to be a Knicks fan.
frown.gif

Please Tracy go to the Bulls.
pimp.gif
I'm a big T-mac fan but this could possibly be good for him. Next year he stays w/ the Knicks and the Knicks pick up LeBron and Bosh/Stoudemire or whoever which = a championship
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 35KD

Originally Posted by jamergrady

I Don't want to be a Knicks fan.
frown.gif

Please Tracy go to the Bulls.
pimp.gif
I'm a big T-mac fan but this could possibly be good for him. Next year he stays w/ the Knicks and the Knicks pick up LeBron and Bosh/Stoudemire or whoever which = a championship
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
I don't see anyway the Knicks keeping Tmac after the season ends if the trade goes through. I don't think hes a draw to bring any marquee names in. They certainly wont pay him top player $$$ that I'm sure he'll demand.

Also, suppose the Knicks do get Lebron? Where would you play Tmac? You would have Lebron, Gallo, Chandler and Douglas all capable of playing sg/sf.

As a Wizards fan, I hope this goes through.....shedding salary is a must.  If they can do this and also get rid of Jamison, they'd be in a lot better shape going into the summer/next season. 

saw this on a wizards blog...and the trade works financially...

Wizards get:

Jordan Hill
Al Harrington
Cuttino Mobley

Knicks get:

Tracy McGrady

Rockets get:

Brendan Haywood
Caron Butler
Deshawn Stevenson

hmmm....

Link

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Jordan Hill? would make no sense.
For salary purposes it makes perfect sense....and in the grand scheme of things, is he really in the big picture for the Knicks?  Well, I guess if you don't retain David lee, but still...

what value does TMac have, though?

Unless you're shedding Jeffries or Curry's contract, I'd be shocked (and highly upset) if Walsh gave him up already.

you dont need to trade Al Harrington or Cuttino's deal. they're coming off the books anyway.

Back
Top Bottom