2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

u gotta be insane if you dont think those additions to the mavs wont put them on LAs level
Wait... What? You think it will?

It should put them firmly on par with Denver and Utah... Nobody is on LA's level... Only way they're not back in the Finals is if somebody gets hurt or they choke.

Haven't most of you said trading Howard for Butler would simply be only a lateral move? Therefore, why does the addition of Brendan Haywood put them up at #2 in the West? That's two more spots solely because of Haywood...

Because hes a reliable center. Gooden and dampier have been playing well, but my goodness they're terrible.

Caron on that team brings them up a notch either way.

So the deal is done?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Haven't most of you said trading Howard for Butler would simply be only a lateral move? Therefore, why does the addition of Brendan Haywood put them up at #2 in the West? That's two more spots solely because of Haywood...
Because having a good interior defender and rebounder never hurts.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I just don't seem them passing Denver is all.

Deal is official now, and Haywood is a good pickup because he's 4th in blocks this year I believe. Dampier is gone next year, and who cares about Gooden long term? Haywood will be in the playoffs, and Dallas can see how he fares on whether to bring him back or not. Either way, it's a showcase, in case they want to sign and trade him come offseason.

Butler + Haywood > J-Ho + Dampier/Gooden

Now, and going forward

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I just don't seem them passing Denver is all.
I think this move puts them on par with Denver (if they weren't on par to begin with).

They have the size, toughness and athleticism against Denver that they didn't have last season.

Yea, I'd say on par with Denver. They needed a move: they were not looking right recently. Pretty scary team to see in a series, though. Who gets the boot in their crunch time lineup? Matrix? Gotta be.

I don't want any trade happening. We are the best team in the NBA because of the squad we have.

We're on a 13 game winning streak, we alter the roster?! We've proven that we can beat the Lakers and Magic, our two biggest semi-problematic teams.

WE DON'T NEED AMARE OR JAMISON.

When was the last time the #1 team in the NBA made a trade at the break point? This is stupid.
smh.gif

They will probably go Kidd, Terry, Butler, Matrix and Dirk down the stretch more often than not...

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I don't want any trade happening. We are the best team in the NBA because of the squad we have.

We're on a 13 game winning streak, we alter the roster?! We've proven that we can beat the Lakers and Magic, our two biggest semi-problematic teams.

When was the last time the #1 team in the NBA made a trade at the break point? This is stupid.
smh.gif
either way Cavs arent winning a championship this season...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

They will probably go Kidd, Terry, Butler, Stat and Dirk down the stretch more often than not...
And I REALLY like that line-up, with the ability to go big with Butler, Marion, Dirk, and Haywood if we have to play a team like Den or LA.

Time to update the sig.

Each time you make a post, you prove you are either a bigger homer than OC, or just plain don't know what you are talking about/the game of basketball...

Why do you think Bron wants to make a deal himself?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

smh.gif
i agree with you that they should keep their team as is...

werent the lakers first in the west when they got gasol?

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Each time you make a post, you prove you are either a bigger homer than OC, or just plain don't know what you are talking about/the game of basketball...

Each time you quote me, you prove how much of a fan of mine you are...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

smh.gif
i agree with you that they should keep their team as is...

werent the lakers first in the west when they got gasol?
Nah, they were first the night Bynum went down, then went on a little slump for two weeks before the Gasol trade.

So now I think it's...

1. Lakers
2. Mavs and Nuggets
4. Spurs

It's still going to take a miracle for one of those 3 teams to knock the Lakers out of the playoffs.

So I guess that 3 way trade with the Wiz and Knicks for Tracy Mcgrady isn't going to happen???

Yes I'm happy.
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom