2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

life really is all about building relationships
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Apperently Mr. Ferry was watching the magic cavs game closely last thursday. Its obvious that orlando has gotten into the head of danny ferry, reason I state that is because cleveland has always had a hard time beating orlando even at home. orlando played them very closely thru half-way of the 4th quarter. Even if they do get amare id still say they can't beat orlando in a 7-game series. It all comes down to 1 word.......CHEMISTRY, so why fix something that is not broken??????

That's what I'm wondering as well.  Things are going SO well for Cleveland, so why shake things up?  They don't need Amar'e.  I dunno if this is just to appease LeBron or what, but if they make this move and it backfires a lot of people are going to be laughing.  Like JapanAir said, it can go either way....

Thats what I've been saying this whole time. Why make a trade when you're the #1 team in th NBA. I understand we're trying to lock Lebron past the 2010 summer but we can always make a change or two in the off-season. I like Amare here, I would welcome him with open arms. But I also wouldn't be upset if we didn't land him. What would've made better sense was to bring Amare here in the first place in the summer of '09. Shaq could've stayed exactly where he was..

From Adrian Wojnarowski'd Twitter:
Maybe Cavs seeAmar'e as rental cause they haven't checked on his interest to re-signin Cleveland, source says. Miami's been his 1st choice
As Y! reportedSaturday, LeBron is very behind the Amar'e deal; but there's no sensethat comes with assurance it alone gets LBJ to re-sign.

wow is this deal official? this is a bigger steal than the gasol trade... hickson???? are you +!@%#%@ serious??? if i were a suns fan i would boycot that franchise. atleast memphis got marc gasol but hickson???? HICKSON?
laugh.gif

with so many options out there they are gonna settle for amare for HICKSON???? WOW

the finals will be lakers vs cavs for the next 5 years

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Apperently Mr. Ferry was watching the magic cavs game closely last thursday. Its obvious that orlando has gotten into the head of danny ferry, reason I state that is because cleveland has always had a hard time beating orlando even at home. orlando played them very closely thru half-way of the 4th quarter. Even if they do get amare id still say they can't beat orlando in a 7-game series. It all comes down to 1 word.......CHEMISTRY, so why fix something that is not broken??????

That's what I'm wondering as well.  Things are going SO well for Cleveland, so why shake things up?  They don't need Amar'e.  I dunno if this is just to appease LeBron or what, but if they make this move and it backfires a lot of people are going to be laughing.  Like JapanAir said, it can go either way....

Thats what I've been saying this whole time. Why make a trade when you're the #1 team in th NBA. I understand we're trying to lock Lebron past the 2010 summer but we can always make a change or two in the off-season. I like Amare here, I would welcome him with open arms. But I also wouldn't be upset if we didn't land him. What would've made better sense was to bring Amare here in the first place in the summer of '09. Shaq could've stayed exactly where he was..

The thing is, Orlando is in Cleveland's rear view window and are considerably weaker this season in comparison to last.  I don't see them or any other team in the East being any sort of threat to the Cavs.  Maybe the Celtics depending on how things go past the trade deadline.  Cleveland has improved in all areas where they showed deficiencies last year in the playoff series vs. the Magic.  This team has done great things all year, and I'm not sure if you could find any other team in NBA history with a win percentage of .800 (I rounded up
laugh.gif
) or better who made a blockbuster trade at the deadline.  Again...it's got the potential to make things even better....but also the potential to be disastrous.  If this is the Cavs way of showing LeBron their commitment to winning, IMO, they are going about it in the wrong way. 

Don't downplay JJ Hickson - the way some of these dudes talk about dude, he's the next 20/10 PF in the NBA.

Darrell Arthur status????
laugh.gif

Don't know if this has been posted:

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Sources: Teams sweeten Amare offers[/h2]

While Cleveland has zeroed in on Amare Stoudemire, it benefits the Suns to let the process play out until the last hours before Thursday's deadline.

Sources with knowledge of the negotiations said Saturday night that the Cavs and Suns were in serious talks about a deal that would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big man.

3607.jpg

Stoudemire

Stoudemire is averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds on the season.

But reports that the five-time All-Star Stoudemire could be headed to Cleveland have led other clubs to spice up their offers to Phoenix, according to sources.

The ball is now in Phoenix's court.

The Suns are mulling over whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas' $12 million contract -- they'll likely waive Ilgauskas after the trade -- and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with an impact player like Stoudemire.

And the Cavaliers have to be fairly certain that Stoudemire would be willing to re-sign with them before giving up the fast-improving Hickson.

However, according to sources, Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala, appears to be the Suns' top choice.

So far, the Sixers have been leery of giving up their best player for Stoudemire.

While Stoudemire has good relationships with LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal, some close to Stoudemire believe Miami -- where he lives during the summer -- is his first choice.

Miami has pursued Stoudemire hard but has no one on its roster (besides Dwyane Wade) that interests Phoenix, according to sources. That includes Michael Beasley. So it would take a three-team deal for Stoudemire to be traded to the Heat.

Of course, Cleveland can also pursue three-team deals that would sweeten the offer for Phoenix.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.

Stoudemire might not land in Cleveland after all...Maybe Kerr will realize what a stupid move he is making and change his mind.

If the Cavs get embarrassed in the playoffs again and Lebron is in that locker room and sees Hickson walk in after an impressive 4 ppg 2rpg series, and then Mo Williams fresh off another 35% series, and Zydrunas' enormous cranium, you best believe that will be the last time he cleans out that Cleveland locker. And I don't see what's so different about the Cavs from this year to last year: Parker and Moon aren't putting fear into anybody.

Amare has a good relationship with shaq? adds Chris Broussard to list of people to never listen to now

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

And I don't see what's so different about the Cavs from this year to last year: Parker and Moon aren't putting fear into anybody.

don't worry the cavs will still have their coach of the year to mess things up for them in the playoffs.

I think Amare and Shaq still have respect-love for each other, but it was clear that these two couldn't play with each other. Shaq clogs the lane and forces Amare to shoot mid-range jump shots.

A couple other nuggets...

I'm kinda souring on the Wiz/Mavs trade (from a Wiz perspective) after reading this....
smh.gif

The Blazers offered Steve Blake(notes), rookie Jeff Pendergraph(notes) and a first-round pick for Haywood.

Link

and....

WojYahooNBA

Along those lines, many execs believe Cavs are posturing with Amar'e to get asking prices lowered for Jamison and Murphy. High-stakes poker.

this is $!!!%## ridiculous (if true)
smh.gif

• The Wizards-Mavericks deal has now expanded to include two more players and now looks like this: Washington gets Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, James Singleton and Quinton Ross in exchange for Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson, sources say. You may be wondering, as I am, why Washington chose this deal instead of another blockbuster that would’ve sent Jamison and Butler to Boston for a package including Ray Allen. According to sources, a handful of Eastern Conference GMs pressured Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld to shy away from the Boston deal for obvious reasons. “It would screw up the balance of power in the East for three years,

Animal Thug1539 wrote:

The don't fix it if it ain't broken argument was used last year and look what happened. This deal makes the Cavs better and LeBron signs off on it, get it done.

According to sources, a handful of Eastern Conference GMs pressured Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld to shy away from the Boston deal for obvious reasons. “It would screw up the balance of power in the East for three years,

Why not keep hickson, Amare is the better athlete of course....but hickson is pretty decent and his defense isn't that bad either

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

According to sources, a handful of Eastern Conference GMs pressured Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld to shy away from the Boston deal for obvious reasons. “It would screw up the balance of power in the East for three years,

Back
Top Bottom