2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

If this trade happens, it will make the Pau trade look like nothing.
laugh.gif

Wait, so who said this deal was finalized?

Fools are hyping this up, where it says not even close to done everywhere.

Originally Posted by belle155

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

The PHX system honestly might be the best system for him in the entire league with Nash setting him up.  He could possibly flourish there (15 & 8 type numbers there next year).
i dont know about that.  most of JJs shots are because lebron and shaq get double teamed and jj just cuts to the hoop or puts back misses since no one is guarding him.  i dont watch the suns at all but who will draw defenders away like lebron and shaq?  JJ is wide open on most of these layups and dunks he gets.

either way, if its amare for jj, we gotta do it
Steve Nash has some Bron effect in him though (shot out to CP
laugh.gif
wink.gif
).

Channing Frye is having a career year there, after becoming a complete after thought.

Amare would NEVER be as good as he's been without Nash.

You said you don't even watch them play.  All they do is run and gun.

And check this out:

J.J. averages 17 points, 11 rebounds per 40 minutes.
Amare averages 24 points, 12 rebounds per 40 minutes.

I would still make the Amare deal without blinking an eye if givin the chance though...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

DA also said Ty thomas will be moved by the deadline, Denver,houston and Portland going after him
lol @ him and lamarcus on the same squad

might as well find vik krap-ka and reunite the fam

Disagree with this a little bit. He averaged 21 and 9 the year before Nash got there at the age of 21 years old. He was clearly on the path to being a superstar. Nash didn't hurt, but it's unfair to give Nash all the credit for how sick this guy is.

word is the suns want to dump jrich salary also. remember, kerr and ferry are close friends and robert sarver is trying to save money in the long run

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Disagree with this a little bit. He averaged 21 and 9 the year before Nash got there at the age of 21 years old. He was clearly on the path to being a superstar. Nash didn't hurt, but it's unfair to give Nash all the credit for how sick this guy is.
Not giving Nash all the credit at all.

Him setting him up so often can't go unnoticed though.

Nash has only been more valuable to Amare after he's gone through all his injuries.

And he was balling at 21 and 9 because my man Starbury was still there in his prime with The Matrix in his prime.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by BangDak

Fools are hyping this up, where it says not even close to done everywhere.
Originally Posted by BangDak

Ill have to admit, Cavs are my pick to win the finals now.
hey, hey, i was just saying that cuz they were saying its confirmed and everything.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

AND, i took that statement back a couple replies after my original one
frown.gif

i dont see Stat and Shaq working out again.

[h3]Harrington for Thomas back on?[/h3]
11:41AM ET

[h5]Tyrus Thomas | Bulls[/h5]
3032.jpg

[h5]Possible Thomas destinations[/h5]
  • Denver. The Nuggets are looking for a big man.
  • San Antonio. The Spurs are also in the market for an athletic big.
  • Boston. If the Bulls end up trading Kirk Hinrich to the Celtics, Thomas could be included in such a deal.
  • Sacramento. The Kings have been rumored to be in the market for size.
  • Nuggets. Like the Kings, they're looking for a big man.
  • Houston. Thomas could be included in a deal for Tracy McGrady.
  • Blazers. With Greg Oden and Joel Przybilla out for the season, Thomas would provide depth up front.
  • Charlotte. They've reportedly offered Acie Law, Flip Murray and their 2010 first-round pick for Thomas.
  • New York. Al Harrington for Thomas was a rumored deal earlier this season.
  • New Orleans. The Hornets have already traded with the Bulls once this season.

With the trade deadline nearing, the Bulls don't seem to have a shortage of suitors for Tyrus Thomas.

There are plenty of teams that could use an athletic big, and we've noted some in the box to your right.

If the rumored deal of Kirk Hinrichto the Celtics or Lakers ever comes through, Thomas could be includedin such a deal. And in any deal the Bulls make to free up more caproom, the Bulls could include Thomas.

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the Bulls asking price is an expiring contract and a first-round pick, and adds that the Bobcats have offered Acie Law, Flip Murray and their 2010 first-round pick for Thomas.

And yesterday, Ken Berger of CBS Sports wrote the Knicks are continuing to pursue Thomas in a deal that would send back Al Harrington's expiring contract. This was a rumored deal from earlier in the season.

"Harrington's movement-killing tendencies on offense are frustratingcoach Mike D'Antoni, who believes Thomas' length and athleticism wouldbe a good long-term fit," writes Berger. "In any event, D'Antoni wouldget to look at Thomas in his system for the rest of the season beforedeciding whether to retain him as a restricted free agent."

Both ESPN's John Hollinger and Chad Ford touched on Thomas' trade prospects in their chats last week.

New Orleans. The Hornets have already traded with the Bulls once this season.
How is that justification for a possible trade?
laugh.gif

I know for a fact that the Hornets really do have interest, but what a ridiculous thing to publish.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say they'll pass on an inch taller Julian Wright with a slightly less busted jumper. They're in no position to be trading expiring contracts or draft picks, anyway.

By the way, any of you who believe this trade assures the Cavs a ring... bet something.

The cavs are gonna take it all if amare goes to there....if nash can make amare look like an all-star then why wouldn't the best NBA unselfish player do it? Plus amare was playing his best with shaq

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

The cavs are gonna take it all if amare goes to there....if nash can make amare look like an all-star then why wouldn't the best NBA unselfish player do it? Plus amare was playing his best with shaq
you have no idea what you're talking about. 

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

you have no idea what you're talking about. 
Who the hell is he talking about?

By the way, any of you who believe this trade assures the Cavs a ring... bet something.
If the Amare trade goes down and we receive Z back, you have yourself a $100 bet.

Hopefully the lakers make a trade and get hinrich.They will be loaded for the playoffs.
Not saying they need him but it would be good for them.

Back
Top Bottom