2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

but hickson is pretty decent

Because Amare is a lot better than pretty decent and the Cavs would be getting him for pennies on the dollar.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

According to sources, a handful of Eastern Conference GMs pressured Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld to shy away from the Boston deal for obvious reasons. “It would screw up the balance of power in the East for three years,

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Steve212

STAT doesn't want to be a 2nd nor 3rd option. He vented about that in Phoenix, when Shaq was on the roster...

If it goes down, countdown to implosion for the Cavs.

ya but a legit superstar like bron is will put his #+# in check. plus he can play the pick and roll with bron the same way he does with nash now. 

Steve kerr Cant be that dumb to do that trade, like nas said if he gave up jrich horrible contract then maybe he could spin he was dumping contracts but he is not even doing that.

...and he can give up the pick n roll like he does now too?

Edit:  Lebron isnt even close to Nash in terms of running the pick n roll/ passing abilities so thats a bad comparison.

But LeBron is a GREAT passer, so there won't be much, if any, of a drop-off on the offensive end....

I'll be curious to see if Amar'e makes any effort to play defense though....

But its different types of passing so theyre difficult to make a comparison.

According to sources, a handful of Eastern Conference GMs pressured Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld to shy away from the Boston deal for obvious reasons. “It would screw up the balance of power in the East for three years,

Originally Posted by lebanesesneakerfiend

I really wouldn't be surprised if Amare didn't end up coming to Cleveland..

i think its a done deal. i have a gut feeling

someone needs to assasinate steve kerr after this.

Hickson????

Come on now HICKSON???

Lebron is like Jason Kidd. Makes turds into gold bricks

A bunch of crying gm's about the Celtics getting better? Wow. Never heard that before....I've heard of it after a trade is made, but not before...

And Amare is legit. He is over 50% from the low post and in isos. He has the offensive skills of a guard and the ability to post up as well.

David Aldrige is on NBA TV saying the suns cavs trade is not even close to been done. and the suns still haven't made up there minds if they want to trade Amare

also said talks heating up with the wiz and cavs on big Z for jamison

DA also said Ty thomas will be moved by the deadline, Denver,houston and Portland going after him

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

but hickson is pretty decent

Because Amare is a lot better than pretty decent and the Cavs would be getting him for pennies on the dollar.

guys like jj come along every draft, but it is hard to find players like amare. grant it, he doesnt play defense, but he is still one hell of a player and has already shown that he can score especially teaming up with a playermaker (nash). btw, isnt z getting bought out/waive and going back to cleveland after 30 days when he gets traded, lol

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Hickson????

Come on now HICKSON???

We're being a little bit harsh here about Hickson. Look at this beautiful shot chart:

bslslight.png

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

I'm not expecting anything to happen til Thursday at the deadline. Frankly, I wouldn't miss Z one bit if he were traded.

you wouldnt miss him because he would come back in 30 days
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Hickson????

Come on now HICKSON???

We're being a little bit harsh here about Hickson. Look at this beautiful shot chart:

bslslight.png
I would hope a player that's 6'9 and fairly athletic could make shots 12 feet within the basket.
laugh.gif

Yep, <space><space> has yet to develop a jumper. Once he does he'll become JJ. Now he's playing on athleticism and hustle and doing a decent job in the starting lineup.

why would the wizards do that? help their most hated rival?

a Z for jamison deal is basically just giving jamison to the cavs cuz Z would just come back to the cavs after 30 days

a Z for jamison deal is basically just giving jamison to the cavs cuz Z would just come back to the cavs after 30 days

Jamison is a bad contract for an old guy. If they were smart, they'd be quick to get rid of Antawn. But, they decided to get rid of Caron instead. Oh, and Haywood...top 3 worst managed franchises in the league.

Bigmike23 wrote:

Because Jamison has a bad contract and is old. The Wizards are god awful, already traded Caron, Arenas pleaded guilty to a felony. The Wizards aren't going to be any good with or without Jamison, it makes more sense to start over as soon as possible. You take the best offer for your team, no matter who it is.

It hasn't been a rivalry for some time.  The Destruction of Gilbert really weakened it. The trading of Stevenson and Butler was the death knell.

I'm starting to think this Amare to CLE thing was a GIANT smokescreen that Steve Kerr agreed to pull off for his buddy in order for the Wizards to panic and give us Antawn without giving up J.J. (and I think it might work).  I'll be more than glad to be dead wrong, but that's just my gut feeling right now. *shrugs*

And for the record, you dudes are going in way too hard on Hickson.  He's only 21 years old and has major bunnies.  Trying to act like he's Brian Scalabrine status.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

The PHX system honestly might be the best system for him in the entire league with Nash setting him up.  He could possibly flourish there (15 & 8 type numbers there next year).

Him for Amare is still Pau Gasol-esk though.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

The PHX system honestly might be the best system for him in the entire league with Nash setting him up.  He could possibly flourish there (15 & 8 type numbers there next year).
i dont know about that.  most of JJs shots are because lebron and shaq get double teamed and jj just cuts to the hoop or puts back misses since no one is guarding him.  i dont watch the suns at all but who will draw defenders away like lebron and shaq?  JJ is wide open on most of these layups and dunks he gets.

either way, if its amare for jj, we gotta do it

Back
Top Bottom