2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

People who believe bosh is getting traded at the trade deadline are operating in a fantasy land.

You're in fantasy land if you think he's resigning so y'all might as well trade him and get something in the process...

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

People who believe bosh is getting traded at the trade deadline are operating in a fantasy land.

You're in fantasy land if you think he's resigning so y'all might as well trade him and get something in the process...
Dude, the Raptors will actually get more by signing-and-trading Bosh in July.

Plus, the Raptors aren't going to trade Bosh now and miss out on playoff revenue.

laugh.gif
@ people here thinking Colangelo will trade Bosh for chump change anda half

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Plus, the Raptors aren't going to trade Bosh now and miss out on playoff revenue.

What incentive does he have to do a sign and trade with them in July... He's an unrestricted free agent, he can sign with whoever he wants to then andtheres nothing T.O can do about it. Or am I misinformed???

^^
If Im not mistaken is part of the Larry Bird rights.
Where a team can essentially match or max a players offer to keep him......with tha said the other parties involved would have to "play ball" withthe Raps.

What incentive does he have to do a sign and trade with them in July... He's an unrestricted free agent, he can sign with whoever he wants to then and theres nothing T.O can do about it. Or am I misinformed???
I dont want to come off sounding rude but look up the NBA salary cap rules.

Just like Cleveland with LeBron, Miami with Wade...Toronto can offer Bosh the MOST amount of money allowed under NBA salary cap rules. The Cavs/Heat/Raptorscan offer their star players over $20 million more total than any other team.

If Bosh and his agent want a maximum contract but do not want to remain in Toronto, they can just simply ask the Raptors for a sign-and-trade. The Raptorsbenefit because they'll get players in return for Bosh (rather than losing him for nothing), Bosh benefits because he gets the maximum amount of money andhe gets to go to his preferred destination, and Bosh's new team benefits because they get the player they want (that they would not have been able to gethim by offering him a normal contract because it would be less money than what Bosh wanted). They would obviously be trading some key assets away to theRaptors but they're probably getting the best player in return anyways.

Of course, the Cavs/Heat/Raptors would be screwed if any one of those players decide that they dont care about getting a maximum contract and they just want tosign somewhere else for a chance to win. However, the chances of this happening are very slim since just like any other union, the NBAPA will encourage playersof such high caliber to pursue the most lucrative contracts possible in order to set the highest bench mark possible for other players. If guys like LeBron,Wade or Bosh take less money than the max, you better believe that all tier 2, 3, 4 NBAers will be taking pay-cuts as well. Thats why not only will all 3 guysget the max (because of NBAPA pressure), but also because it just makes good business sense for them personally to make as much money possible when they'restill young and in their primes.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

will toronto be giving Bosh the carter treatment?
What do you mean?

Odds are the Raptors will keep Bosh since it looks like they'll finish as the #5 seed in the East and maybe a miracle happens and they beat the Hawks inthe 1st round of the playoffs. Although most Craptor fans realize this team is hopeless, management probably likes our chances of winning a playoff round.

Management have tried hard to convince Bosh to stay by making Calderon the #1 PG (Bosh is good friends with Calderon), bringing in Jarret Jack (Bosh'scollege teammate), bringing in Hedo Turkgolu, adding some depth to the bench. I'm not saying that this is enough but at least management have tried.

My gut tells me that Bosh will get the max but he'll want to play for a team with a better chance of winning. I think a sign-and-trade is the best casescenario for all parties if Bosh wants to leave. Of course the Raptors will be more than willing to give Bosh a max-deal but he'll be in full control ofhis destiny.

I dont want to come off sounding rude but look up the NBA salary cap rules.

Of course, the Cavs/Heat/Raptors would be screwed if any one of those players decide that they dont care about getting a maximum contract and they just want to sign somewhere else for a chance to win.

That all I was getting at... He doesn't have to do any business with them at all come June/July Even if they offer him the most money possible if hedoesn't want anything to do with the organization there is nothing they can do about it and essentially they would be $$%@ out of luck. Now am I sayingthis is going to happen? No... Is it a possiblity??? Yes.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Read the other day the Spurs offered Tony Parker to the Hornets for Chris Paul.

would stop watching bball this year if that crap went down

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Why is that?....

I think the trade did not happen because Parker said he had plantar fasciitis....
Plus its not like the Spurs consider trading him....
laugh.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif

Waiting on T-Mac

The Houston Rockets have recently spoken with the New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls and Philadelphia 76ers about Tracy McGrady(notes), but one league source saida deal didn't appear imminent. The one constant in the talks, the source said, is the Rockets want to get a young, athletic big man to put alongside centerYao Ming(notes) next season.

The Knicks would gladly part with seldom-used rookie forward Jordan Hill(notes) in a package for McGrady, but the Rockets don't seem too interested.Houston likes Joakim Noah(notes), but he's too valuable for the Bulls to give up for McGrady. And the Sixers have scoffed at sending MarreeseSpeights(notes) or Thaddeus Young(notes) to Houston.

Little man Nate draws interest

The Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers are among the teams who have expressed some interest in New York Knicks guard Nate Robinson(notes), leaguesources said. Robinson's base-year status, however, makes it difficult for any trade and the Knicks are said to be reluctant to ship Robinson to an EasternConference team, further complicating the Celtics' efforts to land him.

The Memphis Grizzlies also have shown interest in Robinson, but the feeling, for now, isn't mutual. Robinson can veto any trade and doesn't appeareager to move to Memphis.

farmar and morrison for nate. do it mitch. haha props to the knicks for not tryna send nate to an east team especially the boston cellouts lol

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Why is that?....

I think the trade did not happen because Parker said he had plantar fasciitis.... that was a god awful proposal.
Fixed it for ya bucko
wink.gif

NEW YORK -- At nearly the exact same moment that Avery Johnson went on ESPN's "NBA Shootaround" show Friday night and demonstrably raised the possibility of the New York Knicks making a push for Gilbert Arenas, that very same topic was a matter of discussion between myself and Knicks president Donnie Walsh.

And although Walsh didn't exactly endorse the notion, he certainly didn't dismiss it.

Hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom