2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

nobody is going to trade for him when you have no idea when sterin will let him back in the NBA and you can just wait till he either gets a buyout from the wizor they void his contract

Here's another one...

It's widely assumed that Gilbert Arenas will never play another game for the Washington Wizards, even if no one seems quite sure yet how soon or by what means Arenas and the Wiz will ultimately part ways.

So it's also natural to start wondering which teams out there might be interested in Arenas when the 28-year-old is finished meeting all the sentencing requirements stemming from his felony gun-possession charge and receives his eventual clearance to return to work from NBA commissioner David Stern.

Will Arenas manage to avoid jail time when he's sentenced March 26? Are the growing whispers true about the Wiz -- fearing they don't have a strong enough case -- backing off the idea of trying to void Arenas' contract? How much longer will Arenas remain suspended by the league? Can Washington realistically find a trade partner or negotiate a buyout of Arenas' contract when it still owes him $80.2 million over the four seasons after this season?

For all the above unknowns in circulation, here's something definitive I've heard from three separate folks close to the situation: Arenas would love to land with the Orlando Magic when this ordeal is over.

I've also been led to believe that Orlando will give the matter strong consideration whenever Arenas becomes available, whether or not that happens before next season.

Sources told ESPN.com that Magic general manager Otis Smith, who was part of Golden State's brain trust when the Warriors drafted Arenas as a second-rounder in 2001, continues to be one of Arenas' closest confidantes in the league.

Sources thus say it's a virtual certainty, given the depth of their friendship, that Arenas will lobby Smith to be the GM who looks past the damage this incident has done to Gil's reputation and grants his comeback chance.

Hmmm (2.0)

Arenas going to Magic would be a disaster.

Dwight Howard would be getting about 5 shots per game with all those chuckers on that team if that happened.

DoubleJs searching and grasping for any hope of getting rid of Gil
laugh.gif

read somewhere that the clippers turned down a camby-butler trade..who else thinks they shouldve taken it? develop the rest of the young players (thornton,gordon) this year, get draft pick (most likely lottery) in the offseason plus sign a solid free agent, they'd have bdiddy, gordon, butler, griffin, andkaman starting next year plus a solid bench. that could make the LA vs LA battle pretty epic

Without a doubt the clippers should have take Caron for Camby. I wonder why the clips didn't pull the trigger on that one? Whats the best talent Camby canbring in return besides Caron?

Being a Laker fan, I would love to see us getting Bosh but I think it won't happen. As for getting Nate Rob, that is more of a possibility than Bosh to LAduring the trade deadline. But I really want to see where T-Mac will end up.

i think their logic is to keep camby and his expiring contract to have a shot at the lebrons, wades, boshes, etc in the offseason. but honestly what player ofthat caliber would realistically pick the clippers? i agree should've jumped on caron. maybe its not too late?

edit: and i dont want lakers trading bynum for bosh unless he guarantees that he'll resign with us. plus we already have 1 finesse 7 footer having boshwould kind of be redundant..even though bynum aint that much of a bruiser himself...you know what ill take bosh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

nobody is going to trade for him when you have no idea when sterin will let him back in the NBA and you can just wait till he either gets a buyout from the wiz or they void his contract
That's all that needs to be said... Too much money owed and I'll believe they have a case to void his deal when it actually happens...

Trade Caron and Antawn and start from there...

Much of the talk around the league has been centered on the Cavaliers' quest to acquire Wizards forward Antawn Jamison.

That rumor has died down in the last week. Expect it to be rekindled near the Feb. 18 deadline.

A league source said the Cavs have also made a run at Hornets power forward David West.

The Cavs are dangling center Zydrunas Ilgauskas out there for the Hornets, who want to avoid paying the luxury tax at all cost.

The Hornets could buy out Ilgauskas' contract and waive him. Then he could return to the Cavs in 30 days.

Or they could hang onto him and let his $11.5 million deal expire after this season.

If the Cavs got West, perhaps it wouldn't be a high priority to get Ilgauskas back in a month. Anderson Varejao could play many of the backup minutes behind center Shaquille O'Neal like he does now.

However, Hornets coach/GM Jeff Bower told New Orleans writers that he has no intention of breaking up their core to get under the luxury-tax threshold. Teams are also inquiring about point guard Chris Paul.

"The foundation of our plan has always been to maintain our core group of players and to look at ways that wouldn't affect our overall basketball team on the court," Bower said.

Having Ilgauskas play for another team might be a little strange for Cavs fans and the Lithuanian center.

It was reported earlier in the season that the Cavs made an attempt to pry Troy Murphy loose from the Pacers. The league source said the Cavs also tried to get Jeff Foster.

Many expect the Pacers to make some kind of deal before the trade deadline.

West, who played collegiately at Xavier University, is a 6-foot-9, 240-pounder who can score from the perimeter. He's also a good rebounder and superb foul shooter.

He's averaged 16.5 points and 7.2 rebounds and is shooting 84 percent from the foul line and 48 percent from the field in his career. West, 29, is a two-time All-Star.

The Hornets are headed for the playoffs this year, but likely won't get out of the first round - with or without West.
He makes $9.1 million this season and $8.3 million next year. He owns a player option on his 2011-12 contract worth $7.5 million.
Source

If I'm the Clips, I'd turn down Camby for Butler, too.

Butler is cool and all, but acquiring Butler doesn't necessarily make the Clips a playoff team. Keep the expiring contract in Camby and hope to netsomething better. Young talent, some draft picks, etc. Worst comes to worst, let the contract come off the books for themselves. Might not land a Lebron, Wadeor Bosh, but the FA pool is pretty deep this year, so, who knows.

IMO you do Caron for Camby without thinking twice if that's a real possibility...

Bosh for Bynum? What a horrible trade for the Lakers that would be. Trade a legit(by legit I mean only plays center) 5 for a 4 man? The Lakers are solid in theforward position. If the Lakers want to make some sort of deadline deal, get a legit backup center because Mbenga is not good enough to be playing as much ashe has.

Originally Posted by DJ 1080

Bosh for Bynum? What a horrible trade for the Lakers that would be. Trade a legit(by legit I mean only plays center) 5 for a 4 man? The Lakers are solid in the forward position. If the Lakers want to make some sort of deadline deal, get a legit backup center because Mbenga is not good enough to be playing as much as he has.
you seen Chris Bosh play this year?

Nobody would have a chance to beat LA.

Not like Pau can't be a 5 man anyway.

If Griffin came back and performed well, I think the Clippers would have traded Camby. Since he isn't, I don't think Camby will be traded.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

If Griffin came back and performed well, I think the Clippers would have traded Camby. Since he isn't, I don't think Camby will be traded.

they should still trade him and let Jordan get more PT

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by DJ 1080

Bosh for Bynum? What a horrible trade for the Lakers that would be. Trade a legit(by legit I mean only plays center) 5 for a 4 man? The Lakers are solid in the forward position. If the Lakers want to make some sort of deadline deal, get a legit backup center because Mbenga is not good enough to be playing as much as he has.
you seen Chris Bosh play this year?

Nobody would have a chance to beat LA.

Not like Pau can't be a 5 man anyway.
2008 NBA Finals. Enough said.

Bosh defensively won't give you as much as Bynum.

Back
Top Bottom