* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

I almost feel like a hypocrite talking #*%! in this thread considering I have Jennings, Finley, and the Pack defense on my fantasy team
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Completely unbiased post coming here --

I am terrified of what I think Aaron Rodgers has the chance to become.

Now,I feel like I'm jumping the gun a little bit with this post becausehe's not even the top QB in the NFL yet, but I have felt the urge tosay this for a while and I need to come out with it. I am a MinnesotaVikings fan, but I'm also a NFL fan and whether or not you Chicago andGreen Bay fans think so, I have the ability to think and analyze withan open mind while keeping my allegiances (Vikings) out of the picture.
laugh.gif

Thisdude just has everything. The cannon arm, the scrambling ability, theability to hit deep targets with ease, the IQ, etc. The only thing hedoesn't have... is the one thing he has no control over. An offensiveline.

It scares me to think of what Aaron Rodgers could do if hewas throwing behind a line like the Colts, Patriots, and Titanspossess. This dude is absolutely incredible. Does he have his fairshare of "what the %#%% was he thinking?" moments? Hell yeah. But sodoes every QB in the history of the NFL during their first year or two.However, do most QBs throw for over 4000 yards and 28 TDs in theirfirst year? No. Just about never.

As a Vikings fan, when BrettFavre moved on from the Packers to the Jets, I was ecstatic. I trulybelieved Packers fans took for granted what they had at QB and theconsistency that Brett Favre brought to the position year in and yearout, and finally they would have to go through what most teams gothrough, QB troubles (which usually means team troubles).I was anxiously awaiting the ESPN and other national headlines,reading: "17 years of QB greatness... to this?" in reference to AaronRodgers failing to be successful in the starting role, in the hugeshoes Brett Favre left at the door for the new QB to fill. However,those headlines never came and Aaron Rodgers has taken the arduous taskin stride with a small number of missteps.

Rodgers has theability to become Steve Young. Yeah, I'm saying it. The parallelsbetween the two are hard to deny. Now, when I say he has the ability,am I saying he WILL become Steve Young? No. However, it is definitelynot absurd to suggest the comparison and have a back-and-forthdiscussion about it.

I would kill to have Aaron Rodgers on theMinnesota Vikings. The fact that you guys went 17 years with one of thebest QBs of all-time and now are just beginning the career of a QB whoin my opinion has the tools to be almost as good? Just not fair. It'sreally not fair
laugh.gif
... IT SHOULD BE HARDER THAN THIS DAMN IT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hopefully Minnesota fans forgive me for complimenting a rival player so highly
laugh.gif
...aight time to go back to my usual ways ofdiscrediting/insulting/downplaying division opponents and theirplayers. Ugh. I feel sick talking about a Packers player in such highesteem...
wink.gif
laugh.gif

/rant.

http://i****noise.com/wiki/images/9/99/ExplodingHead.GIF

Originally Posted by JPZx

Completely unbiased post coming here --

I am terrified of what I think Aaron Rodgers has the chance to become.

Now,I feel like I'm jumping the gun a little bit with this post becausehe's not even the top QB in the NFL yet, but I have felt the urge tosay this for a while and I need to come out with it. I am a MinnesotaVikings fan, but I'm also a NFL fan and whether or not you Chicago andGreen Bay fans think so, I have the ability to think and analyze withan open mind while keeping my allegiances (Vikings) out of the picture.
laugh.gif

Thisdude just has everything. The cannon arm, the scrambling ability, theability to hit deep targets with ease, the IQ, etc. The only thing hedoesn't have... is the one thing he has no control over. An offensiveline.

It scares me to think of what Aaron Rodgers could do if hewas throwing behind a line like the Colts, Patriots, and Titanspossess. This dude is absolutely incredible. Does he have his fairshare of "what the %#%% was he thinking?" moments? Hell yeah. But sodoes every QB in the history of the NFL during their first year or two.However, do most QBs throw for over 4000 yards and 28 TDs in theirfirst year? No. Just about never.

As a Vikings fan, when BrettFavre moved on from the Packers to the Jets, I was ecstatic. I trulybelieved Packers fans took for granted what they had at QB and theconsistency that Brett Favre brought to the position year in and yearout, and finally they would have to go through what most teams gothrough, QB troubles (which usually means team troubles).I was anxiously awaiting the ESPN and other national headlines,reading: "17 years of QB greatness... to this?" in reference to AaronRodgers failing to be successful in the starting role, in the hugeshoes Brett Favre left at the door for the new QB to fill. However,those headlines never came and Aaron Rodgers has taken the arduous taskin stride with a small number of missteps.

Rodgers has theability to become Steve Young. Yeah, I'm saying it. The parallelsbetween the two are hard to deny. Now, when I say he has the ability,am I saying he WILL become Steve Young? No. However, it is definitelynot absurd to suggest the comparison and have a back-and-forthdiscussion about it.

I would kill to have Aaron Rodgers on theMinnesota Vikings. The fact that you guys went 17 years with one of thebest QBs of all-time and now are just beginning the career of a QB whoin my opinion has the tools to be almost as good? Just not fair. It'sreally not fair
laugh.gif
... IT SHOULD BE HARDER THAN THIS DAMN IT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hopefully Minnesota fans forgive me for complimenting a rival player so highly
laugh.gif
...aight time to go back to my usual ways ofdiscrediting/insulting/downplaying division opponents and theirplayers. Ugh. I feel sick talking about a Packers player in such highesteem...
wink.gif
laugh.gif

/rant.

http://i****noise.com/wiki/images/9/99/ExplodingHead.GIF

I almost feel like a hypocrite talking #*%! in this thread considering I have Jennings, Finley, and the Pack defense on my fantasy team
laugh.gif

need 4-6 more to join the NFC North fantasy football league... PM me your email if you are interested..............................................

need 4-6 more to join the NFC North fantasy football league... PM me your email if you are interested..............................................

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

I just signed up and afljfakdsjfoiwer @ whoever made their name "Id blow Rodgers"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I just signed up and afljfakdsjfoiwer @ whoever made their name "Id blow Rodgers"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
well he is attractive...
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
well he is attractive...
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
at people coming around to my Steve Young comparisons
laugh.gif
  People were hatinggggggg when I first said it but its w.e... I never meant that he will be exactly like Young, but he possesses some similar skills, hes certainly not as good of a scrambler as Young was but theres not many QBs in the history of the NFL that were/are.  Although Rodgers could keep pace on his rushing touchdowns (4.5/year as a starter to this point) and end up with the all time QB rushing TD record if he were to start for 8 more years. (Current record held by Young at 43)

I actually agree

laugh.gif
at people coming around to my Steve Young comparisons
laugh.gif
  People were hatinggggggg when I first said it but its w.e... I never meant that he will be exactly like Young, but he possesses some similar skills, hes certainly not as good of a scrambler as Young was but theres not many QBs in the history of the NFL that were/are.  Although Rodgers could keep pace on his rushing touchdowns (4.5/year as a starter to this point) and end up with the all time QB rushing TD record if he were to start for 8 more years. (Current record held by Young at 43)

I actually agree

Rodgers
pimp.gif
. He was damn good in college, how he's damn good now doesn't surprise me. Cal football
pimp.gif

Steve Young Lite
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Rodgers
pimp.gif
. He was damn good in college, how he's damn good now doesn't surprise me. Cal football
pimp.gif

Steve Young Lite
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
I was like the hell kinda league is this? 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom