* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

Originally Posted by JPZx

Oh so Packers > Vikings because you don't like the Vikings fanbase?

Groundbreaking football analysis in this thread, I tell ya.
I think the Packers are all around a better team then the Vikings, the only thing that I can really say the Vikings have the upper hand in is the run game.  And the Vikings fans in here were all cocky as hell after last year since Favre almost took them to the promise land.  I really don't see that repeating with T-Jax under center.

I really dont see the Lions getting more then 5 wins this year. Their slowly improving, but the whole NFC north has a very tough schedule. Plus their in the NFC north, they will not beat the Packers or Vikings.

I really dont see the Lions getting more then 5 wins this year. Their slowly improving, but the whole NFC north has a very tough schedule. Plus their in the NFC north, they will not beat the Packers or Vikings.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

I really don't see that repeating with T-Jax under center.
People really don't think Brett Favre is coming back? I mean, seriously?

Originally Posted by airblaster503

I really don't see that repeating with T-Jax under center.
People really don't think Brett Favre is coming back? I mean, seriously?

Completely unbiased post coming here --

I am terrified of what I think Aaron Rodgers has the chance to become.

Now,I feel like I'm jumping the gun a little bit with this post becausehe's not even the top QB in the NFL yet, but I have felt the urge tosay this for a while and I need to come out with it. I am a MinnesotaVikings fan, but I'm also a NFL fan and whether or not you Chicago andGreen Bay fans think so, I have the ability to think and analyze withan open mind while keeping my allegiances (Vikings) out of the picture.
laugh.gif

Thisdude just has everything. The cannon arm, the scrambling ability, theability to hit deep targets with ease, the IQ, etc. The only thing hedoesn't have... is the one thing he has no control over. An offensiveline.

It scares me to think of what Aaron Rodgers could do if hewas throwing behind a line like the Colts, Patriots, and Titanspossess. This dude is absolutely incredible. Does he have his fairshare of "what the %#%% was he thinking?" moments? Hell yeah. But sodoes every QB in the history of the NFL during their first year or two.However, do most QBs throw for over 4000 yards and 28 TDs in theirfirst year? No. Just about never.

As a Vikings fan, when BrettFavre moved on from the Packers to the Jets, I was ecstatic. I trulybelieved Packers fans took for granted what they had at QB and theconsistency that Brett Favre brought to the position year in and yearout, and finally they would have to go through what most teams gothrough, QB troubles (which usually means team troubles).I was anxiously awaiting the ESPN and other national headlines,reading: "17 years of QB greatness... to this?" in reference to AaronRodgers failing to be successful in the starting role, in the hugeshoes Brett Favre left at the door for the new QB to fill. However,those headlines never came and Aaron Rodgers has taken the arduous taskin stride with a small number of missteps.

Rodgers has theability to become Steve Young. Yeah, I'm saying it. The parallelsbetween the two are hard to deny. Now, when I say he has the ability,am I saying he WILL become Steve Young? No. However, it is definitelynot absurd to suggest the comparison and have a back-and-forthdiscussion about it.

I would kill to have Aaron Rodgers on theMinnesota Vikings. The fact that you guys went 17 years with one of thebest QBs of all-time and now are just beginning the career of a QB whoin my opinion has the tools to be almost as good? Just not fair. It'sreally not fair
laugh.gif
... IT SHOULD BE HARDER THAN THIS DAMN IT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hopefully Minnesota fans forgive me for complimenting a rival player so highly
laugh.gif
...aight time to go back to my usual ways ofdiscrediting/insulting/downplaying division opponents and theirplayers. Ugh. I feel sick talking about a Packers player in such highesteem...
wink.gif
laugh.gif

/rant.

Completely unbiased post coming here --

I am terrified of what I think Aaron Rodgers has the chance to become.

Now,I feel like I'm jumping the gun a little bit with this post becausehe's not even the top QB in the NFL yet, but I have felt the urge tosay this for a while and I need to come out with it. I am a MinnesotaVikings fan, but I'm also a NFL fan and whether or not you Chicago andGreen Bay fans think so, I have the ability to think and analyze withan open mind while keeping my allegiances (Vikings) out of the picture.
laugh.gif

Thisdude just has everything. The cannon arm, the scrambling ability, theability to hit deep targets with ease, the IQ, etc. The only thing hedoesn't have... is the one thing he has no control over. An offensiveline.

It scares me to think of what Aaron Rodgers could do if hewas throwing behind a line like the Colts, Patriots, and Titanspossess. This dude is absolutely incredible. Does he have his fairshare of "what the %#%% was he thinking?" moments? Hell yeah. But sodoes every QB in the history of the NFL during their first year or two.However, do most QBs throw for over 4000 yards and 28 TDs in theirfirst year? No. Just about never.

As a Vikings fan, when BrettFavre moved on from the Packers to the Jets, I was ecstatic. I trulybelieved Packers fans took for granted what they had at QB and theconsistency that Brett Favre brought to the position year in and yearout, and finally they would have to go through what most teams gothrough, QB troubles (which usually means team troubles).I was anxiously awaiting the ESPN and other national headlines,reading: "17 years of QB greatness... to this?" in reference to AaronRodgers failing to be successful in the starting role, in the hugeshoes Brett Favre left at the door for the new QB to fill. However,those headlines never came and Aaron Rodgers has taken the arduous taskin stride with a small number of missteps.

Rodgers has theability to become Steve Young. Yeah, I'm saying it. The parallelsbetween the two are hard to deny. Now, when I say he has the ability,am I saying he WILL become Steve Young? No. However, it is definitelynot absurd to suggest the comparison and have a back-and-forthdiscussion about it.

I would kill to have Aaron Rodgers on theMinnesota Vikings. The fact that you guys went 17 years with one of thebest QBs of all-time and now are just beginning the career of a QB whoin my opinion has the tools to be almost as good? Just not fair. It'sreally not fair
laugh.gif
... IT SHOULD BE HARDER THAN THIS DAMN IT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hopefully Minnesota fans forgive me for complimenting a rival player so highly
laugh.gif
...aight time to go back to my usual ways ofdiscrediting/insulting/downplaying division opponents and theirplayers. Ugh. I feel sick talking about a Packers player in such highesteem...
wink.gif
laugh.gif

/rant.

So the bears can't win one from the Viking and green bay ?

I would make a name bet or Sig bet but half the people in here saying off the wall stuff don't even have 2k post

jpz won't bet lord know he couldn't take that chance it would take him a whole year to get back all the post he would lose with that name (had to get a post joke in this thread didn't feel right with out one
laugh.gif
)

So the bears can't win one from the Viking and green bay ?

I would make a name bet or Sig bet but half the people in here saying off the wall stuff don't even have 2k post

jpz won't bet lord know he couldn't take that chance it would take him a whole year to get back all the post he would lose with that name (had to get a post joke in this thread didn't feel right with out one
laugh.gif
)

Favre is not going to have the season he had last year. I in my honest opinion could see Minnesota with a very healthy season ( no starter missing more than 3 games 3 starters being hurt at one time max having 11 wins) just cause of Favre.
Pat Williams another year older?
That oline was never great( although they are paid like it)
JPZx knows it too, I'm pretty sure that he has Peppers going off in that Bears W.

Green Bay can realistically create the same type pressure. Based off last years performance thats a stretch but still for me its more likely that GB get to Favre than it is that they end up with 0 sacks in anyone game, much both combined.
Minnesota will have the division tiebreaker I anticipate though

Favre is not going to have the season he had last year. I in my honest opinion could see Minnesota with a very healthy season ( no starter missing more than 3 games 3 starters being hurt at one time max having 11 wins) just cause of Favre.
Pat Williams another year older?
That oline was never great( although they are paid like it)
JPZx knows it too, I'm pretty sure that he has Peppers going off in that Bears W.

Green Bay can realistically create the same type pressure. Based off last years performance thats a stretch but still for me its more likely that GB get to Favre than it is that they end up with 0 sacks in anyone game, much both combined.
Minnesota will have the division tiebreaker I anticipate though

JPZ, I don't blame you for that. It's Aaron Rodgers.

Even the dudes with the thickest hate in their bloodstream know AR-12 means business.

smile.gif

JPZ, I don't blame you for that. It's Aaron Rodgers.

Even the dudes with the thickest hate in their bloodstream know AR-12 means business.

smile.gif

laugh.gif
at people coming around to my Steve Young comparisons
laugh.gif
  People were hatinggggggg when I first said it but its w.e... I never meant that he will be exactly like Young, but he possesses some similar skills, hes certainly not as good of a scrambler as Young was but theres not many QBs in the history of the NFL that were/are.  Although Rodgers could keep pace on his rushing touchdowns (4.5/year as a starter to this point) and end up with the all time QB rushing TD record if he were to start for 8 more years. (Current record held by Young at 43)

But I feel you JPZ, I am a football fan first before I am strictly a Pack fan.  Most of the time I try to keep an objective POV on things especially dealing with players like Rodgers and Finley who are EXTREMELY hyped.

Obviously I would LOVE for Finley to be a TE version of Larry Fitz but we still gotta  wait to see what happens.  Watching more and more game replays of him though its hard to deny his abilities... Elite body control and elite size and has shown that he has great hands but hes yet to prove himself.

I see dudes in the division like Jared Allen and its
mad.gif
mad.gif
that he can completely son our tackles all game long and get 4 sacks on our QB but at the end of the day the man has crazy skill and a crazy motor to go with it... Plus, we play it off like hes not funny at all.... But he is.
laugh.gif
  I really do hate Urlacher though
alien.gif

laugh.gif
at people coming around to my Steve Young comparisons
laugh.gif
  People were hatinggggggg when I first said it but its w.e... I never meant that he will be exactly like Young, but he possesses some similar skills, hes certainly not as good of a scrambler as Young was but theres not many QBs in the history of the NFL that were/are.  Although Rodgers could keep pace on his rushing touchdowns (4.5/year as a starter to this point) and end up with the all time QB rushing TD record if he were to start for 8 more years. (Current record held by Young at 43)

But I feel you JPZ, I am a football fan first before I am strictly a Pack fan.  Most of the time I try to keep an objective POV on things especially dealing with players like Rodgers and Finley who are EXTREMELY hyped.

Obviously I would LOVE for Finley to be a TE version of Larry Fitz but we still gotta  wait to see what happens.  Watching more and more game replays of him though its hard to deny his abilities... Elite body control and elite size and has shown that he has great hands but hes yet to prove himself.

I see dudes in the division like Jared Allen and its
mad.gif
mad.gif
that he can completely son our tackles all game long and get 4 sacks on our QB but at the end of the day the man has crazy skill and a crazy motor to go with it... Plus, we play it off like hes not funny at all.... But he is.
laugh.gif
  I really do hate Urlacher though
alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom