* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

Y'all really got me fired up this time so I did some digging... This is the kind of player Fin has already become.
Finley caught 22 passes for 364 yards (16.5 avg) in 24 attempts in his direction last year versus the blitz—a success percentage of 91.7%, which led the league by a wide margin. In comparison, Vernon Davis had 30 for 442 in 61 attempts, or a success percentage of 49.2%.
2009 he caught 77% of the passes thrown his way, 2010 so far hes caught 81% of the balls thrown his way.  And if any of you have been paying attention, Rodgers doesn't only throw to this guy when theres no one within 10 yds of him, he is especially liberal with his throws when it comes to #88, and he still comes up with a higher % of balls than almost every other TE in the league.

http://www.nationalfootba...es-as-tough-matchup.html
Green Bay TE is difficult to cover wherever he is lined up on the field. Dan Pompei

Print ThisSend ThisSeptember 08, 2010, 11:00 AM EST

9 Comments

If the NFL is indeed a matchup league, then one of its most valuable players is Jermichael Finley.

The Packers tight end, in a short period of time, has become perhaps the league’s most difficult player to match up with.

He stands 6-5, weighs 247 pounds, and the former basketball player can just about jump over the cross bar. That makes him impossible for defensive backs to cover. He’s too fast and athletic for a linebacker to stick with him.

What’s more, he is quickly becoming known for the circus catch. In Packers training camp, he was like a one-man Cirque du Soleil. One-handed catches are ho-hum. He caught one behind his lower back, basket style. Then there was the one he caught behind his head with his back to the throw. And the one that hit off his chest and bounced up. Finley ran past it and caught it behind his back.

ICON Including the Packers’ playoff loss, Finley was the team’s leading receiver in the last eight games of '09.

“He’s put on some pretty good shows,

Y'all really got me fired up this time so I did some digging... This is the kind of player Fin has already become.
Finley caught 22 passes for 364 yards (16.5 avg) in 24 attempts in his direction last year versus the blitz—a success percentage of 91.7%, which led the league by a wide margin. In comparison, Vernon Davis had 30 for 442 in 61 attempts, or a success percentage of 49.2%.
2009 he caught 77% of the passes thrown his way, 2010 so far hes caught 81% of the balls thrown his way.  And if any of you have been paying attention, Rodgers doesn't only throw to this guy when theres no one within 10 yds of him, he is especially liberal with his throws when it comes to #88, and he still comes up with a higher % of balls than almost every other TE in the league.

http://www.nationalfootba...es-as-tough-matchup.html
Green Bay TE is difficult to cover wherever he is lined up on the field. Dan Pompei

Print ThisSend ThisSeptember 08, 2010, 11:00 AM EST

9 Comments

If the NFL is indeed a matchup league, then one of its most valuable players is Jermichael Finley.

The Packers tight end, in a short period of time, has become perhaps the league’s most difficult player to match up with.

He stands 6-5, weighs 247 pounds, and the former basketball player can just about jump over the cross bar. That makes him impossible for defensive backs to cover. He’s too fast and athletic for a linebacker to stick with him.

What’s more, he is quickly becoming known for the circus catch. In Packers training camp, he was like a one-man Cirque du Soleil. One-handed catches are ho-hum. He caught one behind his lower back, basket style. Then there was the one he caught behind his head with his back to the throw. And the one that hit off his chest and bounced up. Finley ran past it and caught it behind his back.

ICON Including the Packers’ playoff loss, Finley was the team’s leading receiver in the last eight games of '09.

“He’s put on some pretty good shows,

Wait Vikings fans, are you still trying to argue Shaincoe > Finley, or are you now just saying Finley isnt good in general? Either way its complete stupidity.

It's obvious he's that good. Your a homer or dont watch football to say Finley doensnt have talent.

Wait Vikings fans, are you still trying to argue Shaincoe > Finley, or are you now just saying Finley isnt good in general? Either way its complete stupidity.

It's obvious he's that good. Your a homer or dont watch football to say Finley doensnt have talent.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

what? Is this a general Packer fan thing? To create an argument, even if the point you are arguing against isn't being made.

Shaincoe and Finley were discussed as part of the comparison the Jennings/Rice discussion. Followed by 13 posts of Packer fans displaying their man-crush with Finley.

Please highlight where anybody said Finley wasn't good.

what? Is this a general Packer fan thing? To create an argument, even if the point you are arguing against isn't being made.

Shaincoe and Finley were discussed as part of the comparison the Jennings/Rice discussion. Followed by 13 posts of Packer fans displaying their man-crush with Finley.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

and he tore yall up
The Vikings always get shredded by TEs. I'm not really putting too much stock into that MNF game.

but if you really cant see this mans current abilities and his potential
Who said anything about seeing the "the man's potential?" When has anyone ever denied his potential? HOWEVER. His best season so far is 670 yds and 5 TDs. Permission to rattle off TEs who performed better than that last year? Greg Olsen. Brent Celek. Kellen Winslow. Todd Heap. And the list goes on and on. Are those guys "Top 5 TEs"? Nah. Potential means nothing when he hasn't done $$!! on the field yet (having three-four good games does not qualify). So until he surpasses those guys on the FIELD and not POTENTIAL.. he doesn't get to surpass those guys in any category whatsoever. End of story.

and he tore yall up
The Vikings always get shredded by TEs. I'm not really putting too much stock into that MNF game.

but if you really cant see this mans current abilities and his potential
Who said anything about seeing the "the man's potential?" When has anyone ever denied his potential? HOWEVER. His best season so far is 670 yds and 5 TDs. Permission to rattle off TEs who performed better than that last year? Greg Olsen. Brent Celek. Kellen Winslow. Todd Heap. And the list goes on and on. Are those guys "Top 5 TEs"? Nah. Potential means nothing when he hasn't done $$!! on the field yet (having three-four good games does not qualify). So until he surpasses those guys on the FIELD and not POTENTIAL.. he doesn't get to surpass those guys in any category whatsoever. End of story.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by JPZx

I just want to know what Finley has done in the NFL yet. Seriously. What has he done?

I was posing questions to find out what this statement was trying to imply. Was this statement made to question weather or not Shaincoe is better then Finley, or was it made to question weather Finley is good or not.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by JPZx

I just want to know what Finley has done in the NFL yet. Seriously. What has he done?

I was posing questions to find out what this statement was trying to imply. Was this statement made to question weather or not Shaincoe is better then Finley, or was it made to question weather Finley is good or not.

roll.gif
K I really am done talkin bout this because yall cant be told nothin.
laugh.gif

But JPZ, Greg Olsen and Brent Celek? Please tell me what they've "done on the field" that's so amazing.

Celek
[table][tr][td]
Receiving
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Yds/G[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]20+[/td][td]40+[/td][td]1st[/td][td]FUM[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td][td]4[/td][td]12[/td][td]128[/td][td]10.7[/td][td]32.0[/td][td]27[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]8[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td][td]16[/td][td]76[/td][td]971[/td][td]12.8[/td][td]60.7[/td][td]47T[/td][td]8[/td][td]16[/td][td]3[/td][td]42[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td][td]16[/td][td]27[/td][td]318[/td][td]11.8[/td][td]19.9[/td][td]44[/td][td]1[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][td]16[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td][td]16[/td][td]16[/td][td]178[/td][td]11.1[/td][td]11.1[/td][td]29[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]10[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td]52[/td][td]131[/td][td]1,595[/td][td]12.2[/td][td]30.7[/td][td]47[/td][td]11[/td][td]25[/td][td]4[/td][td]76[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

Olsen
[table][tr][td]
Receiving
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Yds/G[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]20+[/td][td]40+[/td][td]1st[/td][td]FUM[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]Chicago Bears[/td][td]4[/td][td]15[/td][td]179[/td][td]11.9[/td][td]44.8[/td][td]39T[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]8[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]Chicago Bears[/td][td]16[/td][td]60[/td][td]612[/td][td]10.2[/td][td]38.2[/td][td]41[/td][td]8[/td][td]9[/td][td]1[/td][td]33[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]Chicago Bears[/td][td]16[/td][td]54[/td][td]574[/td][td]10.6[/td][td]35.9[/td][td]52[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]31[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]Chicago Bears[/td][td]14[/td][td]39[/td][td]391[/td][td]10.0[/td][td]27.9[/td][td]31[/td][td]2[/td][td]6[/td][td]0[/td][td]19[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td]50[/td][td]168[/td][td]1,756[/td][td]10.5[/td][td]35.1[/td][td]52[/td][td]17[/td][td]23[/td][td]2[/td][td]91[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][/table]

Cause I dont see ANYTHING there or on the field watching either of those guys that tells me either one of them are "better".  UNLESS youre talking bout their post season stats.... Let me look those up quick, oh wait, they dont have any.

roll.gif
K I really am done talkin bout this because yall cant be told nothin.
laugh.gif

But JPZ, Greg Olsen and Brent Celek? Please tell me what they've "done on the field" that's so amazing.

Celek
[table][tr][td]
Receiving
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Yds/G[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]20+[/td][td]40+[/td][td]1st[/td][td]FUM[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td][td]4[/td][td]12[/td][td]128[/td][td]10.7[/td][td]32.0[/td][td]27[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]8[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td][td]16[/td][td]76[/td][td]971[/td][td]12.8[/td][td]60.7[/td][td]47T[/td][td]8[/td][td]16[/td][td]3[/td][td]42[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td][td]16[/td][td]27[/td][td]318[/td][td]11.8[/td][td]19.9[/td][td]44[/td][td]1[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][td]16[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td][td]16[/td][td]16[/td][td]178[/td][td]11.1[/td][td]11.1[/td][td]29[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]10[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td]52[/td][td]131[/td][td]1,595[/td][td]12.2[/td][td]30.7[/td][td]47[/td][td]11[/td][td]25[/td][td]4[/td][td]76[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

Olsen
[table][tr][td]
Receiving
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Yds/G[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]20+[/td][td]40+[/td][td]1st[/td][td]FUM[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]Chicago Bears[/td][td]4[/td][td]15[/td][td]179[/td][td]11.9[/td][td]44.8[/td][td]39T[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]8[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]Chicago Bears[/td][td]16[/td][td]60[/td][td]612[/td][td]10.2[/td][td]38.2[/td][td]41[/td][td]8[/td][td]9[/td][td]1[/td][td]33[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]Chicago Bears[/td][td]16[/td][td]54[/td][td]574[/td][td]10.6[/td][td]35.9[/td][td]52[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]31[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]Chicago Bears[/td][td]14[/td][td]39[/td][td]391[/td][td]10.0[/td][td]27.9[/td][td]31[/td][td]2[/td][td]6[/td][td]0[/td][td]19[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td]50[/td][td]168[/td][td]1,756[/td][td]10.5[/td][td]35.1[/td][td]52[/td][td]17[/td][td]23[/td][td]2[/td][td]91[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][/table]

Cause I dont see ANYTHING there or on the field watching either of those guys that tells me either one of them are "better".  UNLESS youre talking bout their post season stats.... Let me look those up quick, oh wait, they dont have any.

Was this statement made to question weather or not Shaincoe is betterthen Finley, or was it made to question weather Finley is good or not.
It was to you guys saying he already should be considered better than the guys who have produced, when he himself hasn't.
You posted their stats and you STILL cannot see what I'm saying.....?
roll.gif

What is the same thing I've been reiterating over and over?

Was this statement made to question weather or not Shaincoe is betterthen Finley, or was it made to question weather Finley is good or not.
It was to you guys saying he already should be considered better than the guys who have produced, when he himself hasn't.
You posted their stats and you STILL cannot see what I'm saying.....?
roll.gif

What is the same thing I've been reiterating over and over?

What part of those stats makes them that much better than Finleys 55 catches and 650 yds last year when he only played in 13 games?

Olsen having 5 more catches in 3 more games?

Celek having 20 more catches in 3 more games?

You take these season numbers way to serious. Just sayin.

What part of those stats makes them that much better than Finleys 55 catches and 650 yds last year when he only played in 13 games?

Olsen having 5 more catches in 3 more games?

Celek having 20 more catches in 3 more games?

You take these season numbers way to serious. Just sayin.

Minnesota fans depending on stats to prove the better player... Last year the numbers might have been better for Rice, but look at their body of work over their careers, I would take Driver and Jennings over Rice any day. And skill set wise I would take Finley of Shainco no questions asked, he is just a better athlete period. Vikings fans all the sudden in this thread talking trash since they acquired Moss, we will see it quiet up in here again after they get shut down against the Jets. And where the hell did this dude Hollywood James come from?? Just from his name I can tell he is a bandwagon fan
30t6p3b.gif

Minnesota fans depending on stats to prove the better player... Last year the numbers might have been better for Rice, but look at their body of work over their careers, I would take Driver and Jennings over Rice any day. And skill set wise I would take Finley of Shainco no questions asked, he is just a better athlete period. Vikings fans all the sudden in this thread talking trash since they acquired Moss, we will see it quiet up in here again after they get shut down against the Jets. And where the hell did this dude Hollywood James come from?? Just from his name I can tell he is a bandwagon fan
30t6p3b.gif

Fraij just stop man you losing this one

The point that jpz is making finely isn't doing as great as some of you guys are trying to make it seem

Wait until his body of work reflect the statements yall trying to make

Fraij just stop man you losing this one

The point that jpz is making finely isn't doing as great as some of you guys are trying to make it seem

laugh.gif
at he isn't doing as great
laugh.gif
I dunno what else to say at this point. Showed yall how dude catches more balls when hes targeted than almost any other TE since beginning of 2009. Showed you how hes better vs the blitz than any other TE in the league and its NOT CLOSE.

Im not losing *!#@ casper... How good am I making him seem? I never ranked him higher than anyone in here, all I did was show STATS that yall probably dont even know about, and they're stats that matter.

Ill be back in due time with a big heaping pile of crow for yall to choke down.

laugh.gif
at he isn't doing as great
laugh.gif
I dunno what else to say at this point. Showed yall how dude catches more balls when hes targeted than almost any other TE since beginning of 2009. Showed you how hes better vs the blitz than any other TE in the league and its NOT CLOSE.

Im not losing *!#@ casper... How good am I making him seem? I never ranked him higher than anyone in here, all I did was show STATS that yall probably dont even know about, and they're stats that matter.

Ill be back in due time with a big heaping pile of crow for yall to choke down.

gjdskgjskgjsgwaQWET

Jehlers -

If you want to take Jermichael over Shiancoe, you cannot justify taking Jennings over Rice. Can you?

fraij-

Telling someone not to take "production that seriously" is something I just have to laugh at. Sorry.
laugh.gif

airblaster-

You've admitted to being a Minnesota Vikings hater... not surprised you would take Driver over Sidney Rice. And the difference between taking Sidney over Driver than taking Shiancoe over Finley, is that Sidney doesn't just have hype, he has #s to back up his reputation in his very LATEST season. Finley has the hype, but he has yet to put up the numbers. Could he? Yeah. But he hasn't yet.

If you had to ask me who I would take for the rest of their careers, Finley, obviously. If you had to ask me who I would take based on what they did just last year and who I think can help me win a game tomorrow. Visanthe Shiancoe.
This.

gjdskgjskgjsgwaQWET

Jehlers -

If you want to take Jermichael over Shiancoe, you cannot justify taking Jennings over Rice. Can you?

fraij-

Telling someone not to take "production that seriously" is something I just have to laugh at. Sorry.
laugh.gif

airblaster-

You've admitted to being a Minnesota Vikings hater... not surprised you would take Driver over Sidney Rice. And the difference between taking Sidney over Driver than taking Shiancoe over Finley, is that Sidney doesn't just have hype, he has #s to back up his reputation in his very LATEST season. Finley has the hype, but he has yet to put up the numbers. Could he? Yeah. But he hasn't yet.

If you had to ask me who I would take for the rest of their careers, Finley, obviously. If you had to ask me who I would take based on what they did just last year and who I think can help me win a game tomorrow. Visanthe Shiancoe.
This.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Vikings fans all the sudden in this thread talking trash since they acquired Moss, we will see it quiet up in here again after they get shut down against the Jets.
30t6p3b.gif
Are we arguing about who's team is better? No, not at all.

I stated before that I'm not going to talk trash about the team's all of us cheer for until my team does something worth talking about. That's still going on. What does that have to do with debating the ranking of players though?
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom