* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Favre isn't even the best Packer QB in history.

holy $%*! we actually can agree

pimp.gif

Back to the Vikings issues though- I blame the fickle fan base though, the Vikes will probably be rewarded with their poor management by a tax-funded stadium passed on a proposition by an apolegetic fan base.   

Vikings are the team in this town, and for what reason I don't know. They are arguably the worst run franchise in the state, and dissappoint on a consistant basis.  

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

JPZ, you didn't think those numbers would regress, though?
Are you referring to Me and Kix's debate or just Favre in general?

If it's just Favre in general, of course I expected his numbers to regress from 2009 to 2010. I stated that fact many times on here. Throwing 33 TDs and 7 INTs is something he has never done in his career before. Not at 25. Not at 30. But at 40 he did. So was it logical to expect a decline? Definitely.

But did I expect him to turn into an average QB less than 7 months after being a MVP candidate? That's something I did NOT expect. Due to him being in the Top 5 in 2009, I expected him to be somewhere from 5-10 statistical wise in 2010. Not, in the mid-20s or whatever it is at the moment. So yes, I expected regression, but this big of a turn around really threw me for a loop.

If you're referring to me and Kix's argument -- he wanted Vick for 2009, and I wanted Favre for 2009. Due to the fact that at the time I thought Favre was a strict one-and-done with the Vikings, I believe I won that argument in a landslide.

Debating 2010 is something else. But w/o a doubt I won the 2009 aspect of the debate, which is what we were basing it on anyway.

If it's just Favre in general, of course I expected his numbers to regress from 2009 to 2010. I stated that fact many times on here. Throwing 33 TDs and 7 INTs is something he has never done in his career before. Not at 25. Not at 30. But at 40 he did. So was it logical to expect a decline? Definitely.

But did I expect him to turn into an average QB less than 7 months after being a MVP candidate? That's something I did NOT expect. Due to him being in the Top 5 in 2009, I expected him to be somewhere from 5-10 statistical wise in 2010. Not, in the mid-20s or whatever it is at the moment. So yes, I expected regression, but this big of a turn around really threw me for a loop.

If you're referring to me and Kix's argument -- he wanted Vick for 2009, and I wanted Favre for 2009. Due to the fact that at the time I thought Favre was a strict one-and-done with the Vikings, I believe I won that argument in a landslide.

Debating 2010 is something else. But w/o a doubt I won the 2009 aspect of the debate, which is what we were basing it on anyway.

Originally Posted by Hollywood James 6

Vikings fans, who would look better in purple? Jake Locker (already wears purple) or Cam Newton?

We need a QB, DB, and another OL... Team is taking steps back...

Edit: Misspelled Jake's name
laugh.gif

I like Mallet, but wouldn't mind a game changing safety. As far as the draft goes we need a QB (First) Safety (2nd) and a Tackle- If I have to see that penalty magnet Loadholt one more game
indifferent.gif

Greenway must be compensated. Let Ray Edwards walk, and we must find a replacement for Williams. I honestly think we need a DB too, but high picks should be for SHUTDOWN corners only IMO, I don't know if this draft will have one, but a nice safety can be a quick fix.   

This defense is going to take a hit, but if we draft well, and spend wisely in free agency, (BIG ifs) I see no reason why we can't be competitive sooner than later. Thankfully we have drafted well the past 5 years or so.

As far as the coaching situation I don't know if Cowher wants in here, but it would be easy to do better than Childress has done. He would be the only choice I would be satisfied with.  

Originally Posted by JPZx

I said I wanted the vikings to take Vick in general.

You won the 2009 argument? How so? Vick started last year?

If we brought Vick in do you really think Jackson would have started over him like McNabb did?  I mean you really can't compare last season. Vick didn't play Favre's minutes.   

You doubted he could still even play in the league.   And I am sure the all knowing Childress felt that EXACT way.

I always stated that Favre has been an overrated QB. In his career year he costs his team the season. Irony.

Anyone would rather have Favre over Vick now?

Originally Posted by Hollywood James 6

Vikings fans, who would look better in purple? Jake Locker (already wears purple) or Cam Newton?

We need a QB, DB, and another OL... Team is taking steps back...

Edit: Misspelled Jake's name
laugh.gif

I like Mallet, but wouldn't mind a game changing safety. As far as the draft goes we need a QB (First) Safety (2nd) and a Tackle- If I have to see that penalty magnet Loadholt one more game
indifferent.gif

Greenway must be compensated. Let Ray Edwards walk, and we must find a replacement for Williams. I honestly think we need a DB too, but high picks should be for SHUTDOWN corners only IMO, I don't know if this draft will have one, but a nice safety can be a quick fix.   

This defense is going to take a hit, but if we draft well, and spend wisely in free agency, (BIG ifs) I see no reason why we can't be competitive sooner than later. Thankfully we have drafted well the past 5 years or so.

As far as the coaching situation I don't know if Cowher wants in here, but it would be easy to do better than Childress has done. He would be the only choice I would be satisfied with.  

I said I wanted the vikings to take Vick in general.

You won the 2009 argument? How so? Vick started last year?

If we brought Vick in do you really think Jackson would have started over him like McNabb did?  I mean you really can't compare last season. Vick didn't play Favre's minutes.   

You doubted he could still even play in the league.   And I am sure the all knowing Childress felt that EXACT way.

I always stated that Favre has been an overrated QB. In his career year he costs his team the season. Irony.

Anyone would rather have Favre over Vick now?

why you change ur avy and sig, though

roll.gif
pimp.gif
Time to move on to a team with hope

You can't be serious with your PSN tag
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

you already know
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

and you just notice that now?...you make me think you dont read my posts
roll.gif

roll.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

you already know
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

and you just notice that now?...you make me think you dont read my posts
roll.gif

kix4kix wrote:

Don't be surprised to see Cowher take over the job in Carolina next year.  I know you guys are thinking, "why the hell would he go to that bad team".  He is from there and lives fairly close to the stadium, and that was part of the reason he left the Steelers in the first place was to be close to his family.  That job would be perfect for him in that sense, which seems like a big part of his life at the moment.

kix4kix wrote:

Don't be surprised to see Cowher take over the job in Carolina next year.  I know you guys are thinking, "why the hell would he go to that bad team".  He is from there and lives fairly close to the stadium, and that was part of the reason he left the Steelers in the first place was to be close to his family.  That job would be perfect for him in that sense, which seems like a big part of his life at the moment.

Yeah the Bears fan who rocks a DRose avatar 100% of the time says I'm the worst type of fan because I changed my avy.

!++!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You continue to inadvertently clown on yourself
roll.gif

Have I said this yet? Bears have zero life in the NFC North by the way. The rest of the NFL knows it. Time for you to come to the realization.

Yeah the Bears fan who rocks a DRose avatar 100% of the time says I'm the worst type of fan because I changed my avy.

!++!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

Have I said this yet? Bears have zero life in the NFC North by the way. The rest of the NFL knows it. Time for you to come to the realization.

!++!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

what i said has nothing to do with a avy or sig i dont need to change my avy or sig to show support ill leave my posting for that

but it does have every thing to do with you no longer supporting your team/ giving up and moving on to another sport/team that has hope

real fans dont do that point blank

at this point your opinion mean less then nothing you the same dude that was in here after watching the vikings go 1-3 talking about the vikings are going 11-5 or 10-6 at worst
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

!++!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

what i said has nothing to do with a avy or sig i dont need to change my avy or sig to show support ill leave my posting for that

but it does have every thing to do with you no longer supporting your team/ giving up and moving on to another sport/team that has hope

real fans dont do that point blank

at this point your opinion mean less then nothing you the same dude that was in here after watching the vikings go 1-3 talking about the vikings are going 11-5 or 10-6 at worst
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom