* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Hold up, the T' Wolves have hope? 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was just bout to ask the same thing....

Sigh...

Some Viking players on board with dumping Moss

Profootballtalk.com

Though initial reports suggests that Vikings players generally disagreed with the decision to cut Randy Moss, Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that, when coach Brad Childress explained the situation to the team, "several" nodded approval.

Though Randy's bizarre post-game press conference on Sunday was likely the catalyst for change, Silver reports that "Moss had alienated some of his teammates with his brash, entitled behavior, most glaringly in an incident that occurred in the team's locker room last Friday afternoon."

Moss, per Silver, berated workers from a local restaurant that catered the team's Friday afternoon meal.

"What the [expletive]?" Moss reportedly said.  "Who ordered this crap?  I wouldn't feed this to my dog!"

Here's how an eyewitness explained the situation to Silver:  "It was brutal.  The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that.  It was such an uncomfortable moment.  You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small?  That's what it was like being there.

"This wasn't a chain - it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff.  They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it.  And [Moss] is at his locker saying, 'You know, I used to have to eat that crap -- but now I've got money.'  You just felt so sad for them.  I had never seen anyone treated like that.

"And by the way, the food was actually really good."

This kind of stuff is old hat for Moss, when his true nature isn't otherwise suppressed by playing on a team that is chasing a championship.  The Vikings experienced the behavior during his first stint with the team, when he berated key sponsors on a team bus. 

That's why, even though Childress may have made the right call, Childress should be blamed for bringing Moss to town in the first place.  They knew or should have known that the guy is/was/always will be trouble.  And now they've handed to the Patriots a third-round draft pick for the privilege of re-learning in a month something that the organization previously had seven seasons to figure out.

Sigh...

Some Viking players on board with dumping Moss

Profootballtalk.com

Though initial reports suggests that Vikings players generally disagreed with the decision to cut Randy Moss, Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that, when coach Brad Childress explained the situation to the team, "several" nodded approval.

Though Randy's bizarre post-game press conference on Sunday was likely the catalyst for change, Silver reports that "Moss had alienated some of his teammates with his brash, entitled behavior, most glaringly in an incident that occurred in the team's locker room last Friday afternoon."

Moss, per Silver, berated workers from a local restaurant that catered the team's Friday afternoon meal.

"What the [expletive]?" Moss reportedly said.  "Who ordered this crap?  I wouldn't feed this to my dog!"

Here's how an eyewitness explained the situation to Silver:  "It was brutal.  The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that.  It was such an uncomfortable moment.  You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small?  That's what it was like being there.

"This wasn't a chain - it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff.  They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it.  And [Moss] is at his locker saying, 'You know, I used to have to eat that crap -- but now I've got money.'  You just felt so sad for them.  I had never seen anyone treated like that.

"And by the way, the food was actually really good."

This kind of stuff is old hat for Moss, when his true nature isn't otherwise suppressed by playing on a team that is chasing a championship.  The Vikings experienced the behavior during his first stint with the team, when he berated key sponsors on a team bus. 

That's why, even though Childress may have made the right call, Childress should be blamed for bringing Moss to town in the first place.  They knew or should have known that the guy is/was/always will be trouble.  And now they've handed to the Patriots a third-round draft pick for the privilege of re-learning in a month something that the organization previously had seven seasons to figure out.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

it does have every thing to do with you no longer supporting your team/ giving up and moving on to another sport/team that has hope

real fans dont do that point blank
Where on here did I say I'm no longer supporting the Minnesota Vikings?
laugh.gif
... seriously? Where?

youngmoney asked me why I changed my avy/sig... I said because it's time to move on to a team with hope. It means I'm moving on from having a Vikings sig and Vikings avy. Doesn't mean I'm moving on from the Vikings as a whole. Will I still be posting about the Vikings? Yeah. Will I still be telling you how much the Bears record does not reflect their actual talent level? Yes, of course.

I guess being a realist and admitting your team is done is now "giving up on your team" or "being a bad fan"? Gotta love some of the characters on here man.

I don't even know why I'm giving you the respect of a response.

laugh.gif
2wdx7jb.png

Originally Posted by CasperJr

it does have every thing to do with you no longer supporting your team/ giving up and moving on to another sport/team that has hope

real fans dont do that point blank
Where on here did I say I'm no longer supporting the Minnesota Vikings?
laugh.gif
... seriously? Where?

youngmoney asked me why I changed my avy/sig... I said because it's time to move on to a team with hope. It means I'm moving on from having a Vikings sig and Vikings avy. Doesn't mean I'm moving on from the Vikings as a whole. Will I still be posting about the Vikings? Yeah. Will I still be telling you how much the Bears record does not reflect their actual talent level? Yes, of course.

I guess being a realist and admitting your team is done is now "giving up on your team" or "being a bad fan"? Gotta love some of the characters on here man.

I don't even know why I'm giving you the respect of a response.

laugh.gif
2wdx7jb.png

[h3]Have at It: Our top player at midseason[/h3]
November, 6, 2010
Nov 6

10:00

AM ET

By Kevin Seifert

My boy sgunderson17 gets the first words: "Seifert, you have to be partially delusional to forget about Claymaker."

Narance_11 gets the second: "I cant wait for KS' garbage excuse and reasoning for leaving Matthews off the list. ESPN, please get us someone who actually knows something about sports."

Yes, it's true I left off Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews from my original list of nominations for the NFC North's top player here at the midpoint of the season.

Sorry, Narance_11.

I've got no excuse.

No reasoning.

It was simply a mistake.

Happens.

Matthews got a strong percentage of mentions during our "Have at It" debate, even before I added his name to a later version. Through Week 8, Matthews led the NFL in sacks with 9.5 -- despite missing one game because of a hamstring injury.

"Clay Matthews," wrote Keito. "Hands down. Might not put up the numbers (except for the sacks) but he's going full tilt, needs no helmet, every down."

Wrote reims8430: CMIII is a beast even if he doesn't rack up a ton of tackles (because he rushes the QB every play). He makes game changing plays when we need him the most and offenses have to game plan for him." Bremern, meanwhile, noted "it was all too evident when he left the ******** game [with the hamstring injury] that he is as important to the GB defense as anyone."

Matthews' teammate, Packers cornerback Tramon Williams, is having a Pro Bowl-level year but isn't likely to be viewed as the division's best player anytime soon. Writes ievo: "Williams will get left out on most discussions because everyone besides Packer fans have just started hearing about him."

I don't regret putting Williams on the original list of possibilities, but I admit it looked a bit odd to have his name and not Matthews. But the debate was pretty fierce between Matthews, the Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson and Ndamukong Suh, and the Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson. DaBearz84 noted that Chicago Bears defensive end Julius Peppers has contributed in a myriad of ways -- "how about blocked field goals, how about constant pressure on the QB, how about helping create one of the better run defenses?" -- and I agree that Peppers has played a huge role in the Bears' defensive resurgence this season. But it would be hard to give him the nod based on his own statistical production.

Johnson would be tied for the NFL lead in touchdown receptions were it not for the Week 1 fiasco at Soldier Field, notes Lions MI. Suh, meanwhile, leads all NFL defensive tackles with 6.5 sacks. Lionshawker writes: Suh was doubled for the most part until Corey Williams started wrecking offensive backfields. I get your point but 6.5 sacks from the DT position is like 10-12 from the DE position. That is huge 7 games into the season. He will probably end up with 10-12 sacks and has 1 fumble recovery for a TD and an INT. FROM A DT....THAT'S INSANE."

LetsThinkLogically scolded some of you for overlooking the obvious: Peterson has more rushing yards than anyone in the NFL. (And yes, I realize I botched that statistic in early versions.). LetsThinkLogically: "Teams know he's good and they can't do anything about it.... The Vikings O-line is struggling big time and he still finds a way to ruin teams."

NorsemanPower voted for Peterson because "he has been able to overcome both [Brett] Favre and [Coach Brad Childress] to lead the league in rushing and managed to get the Vikes 2 wins. His 2 wins also account for both Favre and Chilly still being employed so....."

Solid.

My take? With apologies to everyone, it comes down to Peterson or Matthews. You have the leading rusher in the NFL and the leading sacker. Peterson is at the top of the list despite playing only seven games because of the Vikings' early bye, and as we noted, Matthews has also played one less game than the max because of the hamstring injury.

Ultimately, it comes down to this for me: What's harder to do? Lead the league in rushing or lead it in sacks? Peterson had 165 carries this season, meaning he's had more opportunities to amass rushing yards than all but two NFL players. There's a reason he's gotten those opportunities -- he's an elite runner -- but nevertheless they are necessary for his production.

In that vein, Matthews has gotten the same opportunities as everyone else who plays his position -- and has still performed better than all of them. It's a skill that NFL teams value more than any other except playing quarterback. Through eight weeks, Clay Matthews has been the best player in the NFC North.

See, I didn't forget him. I was just trying a little misdirection to claim him for my own.

And oh, by the way, I've got some oceanfront property in Idaho I'm looking to sell....

[h3]Have at It: Our top player at midseason[/h3]
November, 6, 2010
Nov 6

10:00

AM ET

By Kevin Seifert

My boy sgunderson17 gets the first words: "Seifert, you have to be partially delusional to forget about Claymaker."

Narance_11 gets the second: "I cant wait for KS' garbage excuse and reasoning for leaving Matthews off the list. ESPN, please get us someone who actually knows something about sports."

Yes, it's true I left off Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews from my original list of nominations for the NFC North's top player here at the midpoint of the season.

Sorry, Narance_11.

I've got no excuse.

No reasoning.

It was simply a mistake.

Happens.

Matthews got a strong percentage of mentions during our "Have at It" debate, even before I added his name to a later version. Through Week 8, Matthews led the NFL in sacks with 9.5 -- despite missing one game because of a hamstring injury.

"Clay Matthews," wrote Keito. "Hands down. Might not put up the numbers (except for the sacks) but he's going full tilt, needs no helmet, every down."

Wrote reims8430: CMIII is a beast even if he doesn't rack up a ton of tackles (because he rushes the QB every play). He makes game changing plays when we need him the most and offenses have to game plan for him." Bremern, meanwhile, noted "it was all too evident when he left the ******** game [with the hamstring injury] that he is as important to the GB defense as anyone."

Matthews' teammate, Packers cornerback Tramon Williams, is having a Pro Bowl-level year but isn't likely to be viewed as the division's best player anytime soon. Writes ievo: "Williams will get left out on most discussions because everyone besides Packer fans have just started hearing about him."

I don't regret putting Williams on the original list of possibilities, but I admit it looked a bit odd to have his name and not Matthews. But the debate was pretty fierce between Matthews, the Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson and Ndamukong Suh, and the Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson. DaBearz84 noted that Chicago Bears defensive end Julius Peppers has contributed in a myriad of ways -- "how about blocked field goals, how about constant pressure on the QB, how about helping create one of the better run defenses?" -- and I agree that Peppers has played a huge role in the Bears' defensive resurgence this season. But it would be hard to give him the nod based on his own statistical production.

Johnson would be tied for the NFL lead in touchdown receptions were it not for the Week 1 fiasco at Soldier Field, notes Lions MI. Suh, meanwhile, leads all NFL defensive tackles with 6.5 sacks. Lionshawker writes: Suh was doubled for the most part until Corey Williams started wrecking offensive backfields. I get your point but 6.5 sacks from the DT position is like 10-12 from the DE position. That is huge 7 games into the season. He will probably end up with 10-12 sacks and has 1 fumble recovery for a TD and an INT. FROM A DT....THAT'S INSANE."

LetsThinkLogically scolded some of you for overlooking the obvious: Peterson has more rushing yards than anyone in the NFL. (And yes, I realize I botched that statistic in early versions.). LetsThinkLogically: "Teams know he's good and they can't do anything about it.... The Vikings O-line is struggling big time and he still finds a way to ruin teams."

NorsemanPower voted for Peterson because "he has been able to overcome both [Brett] Favre and [Coach Brad Childress] to lead the league in rushing and managed to get the Vikes 2 wins. His 2 wins also account for both Favre and Chilly still being employed so....."

Solid.

My take? With apologies to everyone, it comes down to Peterson or Matthews. You have the leading rusher in the NFL and the leading sacker. Peterson is at the top of the list despite playing only seven games because of the Vikings' early bye, and as we noted, Matthews has also played one less game than the max because of the hamstring injury.

Ultimately, it comes down to this for me: What's harder to do? Lead the league in rushing or lead it in sacks? Peterson had 165 carries this season, meaning he's had more opportunities to amass rushing yards than all but two NFL players. There's a reason he's gotten those opportunities -- he's an elite runner -- but nevertheless they are necessary for his production.

In that vein, Matthews has gotten the same opportunities as everyone else who plays his position -- and has still performed better than all of them. It's a skill that NFL teams value more than any other except playing quarterback. Through eight weeks, Clay Matthews has been the best player in the NFC North.

See, I didn't forget him. I was just trying a little misdirection to claim him for my own.

And oh, by the way, I've got some oceanfront property in Idaho I'm looking to sell....

Welp, Bears almost lose to a winless team, Vikings almost lose to a team with no QB, and Packers beat the most overhyped team in the history of the NFL. We're beatin the teams we're supposed to beat. Lions lose.

Cheeecago fans...

1zdcfn4.jpg
]

95603963.jpg

5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1_r.gif

Welp, Bears almost lose to a winless team, Vikings almost lose to a team with no QB, and Packers beat the most overhyped team in the history of the NFL. We're beatin the teams we're supposed to beat. Lions lose.

Cheeecago fans...

1zdcfn4.jpg
]

95603963.jpg

5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1_r.gif

I'm ready to see the game between Chicago-Minny next week.

A battle of two teams not getting anywhere near the playoffs this year.

I haz excitement.

I haz excitement.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

I haz excitement.
14btcpi.gif

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

I haz excitement.
14btcpi.gif

You calling the GB-DAL game early? Bold man, bold. Respect.

Ugly @$! win today but IDGAF. 5-3 and right in the thick of the wild card race. Really wish Min had lost today. Pretty sure that will be the difference from 8-8 and 9-7 for them. Might grab a WC spot:

NYG
GB
ATL
NFC West who gives a %%%* (really have no idea... SF could sneak in with a miracle 8-
glasses.gif

WC-1 probably at 11-5 or 10-6 (NO)
WC-2 at 9-7 (PHI, CHI, MIN, WAS)

That's all I have.

You calling the GB-DAL game early? Bold man, bold. Respect.

Ugly @$! win today but IDGAF. 5-3 and right in the thick of the wild card race. Really wish Min had lost today. Pretty sure that will be the difference from 8-8 and 9-7 for them. Might grab a WC spot:

NYG
GB
ATL
NFC West who gives a %%%* (really have no idea... SF could sneak in with a miracle 8-
glasses.gif

WC-1 probably at 11-5 or 10-6 (NO)
WC-2 at 9-7 (PHI, CHI, MIN, WAS)

That's all I have.

Fun comeback yesterday, but it shouldn't have been neccessary.

This comeback is also delaying the inevitable in Childress getting the boot. I don't like that.

Nonetheless, we'll know the real direction of this season in the next two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom