2010 NFL Draft Completed! T-MINUS 362 DAY Till 2011 NFL DRAFT (1st page update w/all pick)

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I honestly see Tebow going in the first round.
nerd.gif

I been saying this since day 1. Someone is gonna reach on him.

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Some team asked Dez if his mother was a prostitute...
smh.gif

The nerve of some of these !!%+@!! NFL $%*%$+...

laugh.gif
tired.gif

Cant wait to see this kid tear up the league, wouldn't even mind seeing him paired up with Moss in New England
sick.gif

Don't even @#$%^&* joke around like that.  Not funny.

At all.

@#$%^&*

Timmy is going to the Vikes...

Interested to see where Joe goes to well.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by h3at23

Chad, we're traing to also trade for Bobby Carpenter and Marcus Spears.
What the @#$% would we want to do that for? 
sick.gif

Ok, I'll give them a 7th rounder in 2057 for them.  Deal. 

Did u get my email of u burning the jt jersey? lol

A league source told PFT that the Vikings are in "hot pursuit" of Haynesworth.

The rumor we heard lines up with something Judd Zulgad of the Star Tribune wrote today, indicating ESPN's John Clayton had mentioned that the Vikings had contacted the ******** about Haynesworth. Although ******** coach Mike Shanahan has said there have been no Haynesworth trade talks, most people believe that Haynesworth would be available.

Haynesworth would seem to be a better fit in the Vikings' 4-3 defense than in the new 3-4 that the ******** are installing. In Minnesota, Haynesworth would join a defensive line that already has defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Pat Williams, both of whom are still potentially facing four-game suspensions over a 2008 positive test for a prescription diuretic.

Link

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

eek.gif
you lost the argument right there, Baltimore is the only team that hit on their QB?!?! With Flacco? FLACCO?!?! Ravens would trade Flacco for any of those "bums" you listed in a heartbeat. Without hesitation...
say what you want, he's better than any of the aforementioned qbs and with a legit receiver he will only get better ... i'm not saying he's top 10 in the league, but fr where he was drafted he is the only "hit" at quarterback in recent years ... 

smh.gif

That can't be true.
eek.gif

smh.gif

I really hope Dez beasts this year, his name has been dragged through the mud the last couple of weeks.

I agree with you JA I think Tebow is going in the 1st round too. NFLN has Scott Hanson outside his house waiting, so something must be up.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Once Miami got Marshall that killed on the dez to Miami talk

I know that in all likelihood that is true, but screw that, we should still take dude and really go all out.  Getting Marshall alone doesn't jut make us viable thru the air, we still need more.  Imagine Dez vs #2 corners, Bess in the slot, and Ronnie and Ricky outta the backfield.  

Let me dream, quit pissin on it. 
laugh.gif

smh.gif

As harsh as it sounds, it is what it is.

Nobody wants a Charles Rogers.

These teams treat these guys like pieces of meat, and the players know that because there is a huge payday at the end if they play their cards right.

So is it a harsh question?  In our world, yes.  In their world, no.  They play by a whole different set of rules.

I don't see anything wrong with the question, business is a cold *+* world especially when you start talking about 7+ figure salaries.

toine, here's the quote

With round one looming and concerns regarding his character still hovering, receiver Dez Bryant has sounded off for a final time as to the perception that any team that drafts him will be taking a major risk.

"It's crazy how I'm getting ripped up, and I just don't get it," Bryant tells Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports.  "Before this started, I didn't know I was sucha 'bad guy.'  I promise you, I didn't.  When I hear these things -- I'mnot a hard worker, I'm not tough, I'm a diva -- I look at it likethey're talking about somebody else, because that's not me. . . .  This is supposed to be a great moment for me.  Trust me, it's not.  But I try to stay positive for my mom and myyounger brother and sister.  I don't want to ruin it for them."

Bryant won't be at the draft; he wasn't among the 19 players invited (two declined), and he thinks his absence is related to the concerns.  "I'm not in New York because of what's been said about me, pure andsimple," Bryant said.  "That's got to be it -- and that's ridiculous,man.  But it's good; I'm fine.  I'm not taking anything away from anyonein the draft, but I don't think anybody wants it more than me.  When Iget drafted, I'll hug some people and celebrate for a minute -- but thenI'm going to go to work."

Bryant also said that at least one team asked him a question that crosses the line worse than any question we've ever heard.  "They asked me if my mom's a prostitute," Bryant said.  "No, my mom is not a prostitute.  I got mad -- really mad -- but I didn't show it.  I got alot of questions like that:  Does she still do drugs?  I sat and answeredall of them."

It's good that he didn't show his anger (and we respect him for that).  Surely, the teams wanted to see how easily he'd get stirred up.  And it appears that he handled himself well.

Still, the concerns remain.  Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports has reported on a habit of tardiness.  Though Bryant claimed he was ever only late to a single meeting, Silver's report confirms that the reports are true. 

"He's got to have a better regard for time," Bryant mentor Deion Sanders told Silver.  "He needs a Flavor Flav clock around his neck.  That's what he needs."  (Given his experience with the NCAA, Bryant also could have benefited from a Pinocchio nose.)

Though, as we've said in the past, Bryant could be an inspiration to kids with tough upbringings, teams remain concerned that he won't be reliable -- especially once he gets paid.  And if he ends up being a bust, whoever picked him will be paying the price, possibly with his job.

This reality makes teams like the Bengals and Cowboys more likely to select Bryant; in Cincinnati and Dallas, the guy who makes the picks would be accountable only to himself.

#$%% all that "we wanna see if he'd get stirred up" jazz...you wanna ask tough questions, fine...but don't cross the line and be disrespectful. Some of these NFL heads get gassed thinking they're recruiting for the military or some !!$@...
smh.gif

Props to ol' boy for keeping his composure and not socking that @*$!* in his face.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

A league source told PFT that the Vikings are in "hot pursuit" of Haynesworth.

The rumor we heard lines up with something Judd Zulgad of the Star Tribune wrote today, indicating ESPN's John Clayton had mentioned that the Vikings had contacted the ******** about Haynesworth. Although ******** coach Mike Shanahan has said there have been no Haynesworth trade talks, most people believe that Haynesworth would be available.

Haynesworth would seem to be a better fit in the Vikings' 4-3 defense than in the new 3-4 that the ******** are installing. In Minnesota, Haynesworth would join a defensive line that already has defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Pat Williams, both of whom are still potentially facing four-game suspensions over a 2008 positive test for a prescription diuretic.

I don't know how much money the Vikings/******** would have to engulf if this goes down, but it would be a great look.
pimp.gif

Pat Williams is already falling off. There were times last year that he would play the same amount of downs as Jimmie Kennedy.

#$%% all that "we wanna see if he'd get stirred up" jazz...you wanna ask tough questions, fine...but don't cross the line and be disrespectful. Some of these NFL heads get gassed thinking they're recruiting for the military or some !!$@...
smh.gif

Props to ol' boy for keeping his composure and not socking that @*$!* in his face.
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's worse, they are going to invest millions of dollars into 21-24 year olds.  It's "CYA".

Props to Bryant for keeping his composure.  He just has a lot of red flags, and teams are going to dig, poke and prod.

You guys just don't get it.

That is crazy about what Dez was asked, I hope he uses this stuff for motivation later (unless he is in the AFC North). I think the Steelers go with Pouncey in round 1. Should be a solid, not sexy pick

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

So you would be "at home" playing and giving 110% to a team that asks if your mother is a prostitute or if she still does drugs?

That's not poking or prodding that's just **%%%*# despicable.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

So you would be "at home" playing and giving 110% to a team that asks if your mother is a prostitute or if she still does drugs?

That's not poking or prodding that's just **%%%*# despicable.
How is that despicable?

I see it as a perfectly fine question that an NFL team would ask a potential player.

They need to know EVERYTHING about a player.  If his mothers situation can affect his mental state, then whats wrong about it?  If im going to invest X amount of dollars in a player, I need to know where his mental state is.

You also dont know if they specifically said it like the article states.  Thats Bryants quote so he could be spinning it.  They might have asked it in a nicer way.

anyone just see barry sanders getting interviewed by deion? didnt even shake spillers hand ... arrogant punk, thats why emmit got ALL the records and youre stuck with the "o he would have" all your life ... cant stand smug dudes

^Thanks for posting the info. 

Some of these NFL execs really have a god complex.
smh.gif

I understand doing your due diligence on player since you're investing so much money into them, but to ask a player if his mother is a prostitute is downright reprehensible.

You're right...I don't get it.

I don't get how certain dudes would comply with these $**%%# sticking it up their *@! and letting it happen.

Maybe I don't get it 'cuz I'm not the type to bend over for the almighty dollar...
Originally Posted by Durden7

You also dont know if they specifically said it like the article states.  Thats Bryants quote so he could be spinning it.  They might have asked it in a nicer way.
Why would they get the benefit of the doubt?

You're right...I don't get it.

I don't get how certain dudes would comply with these $**%%# sticking it up their *@! and letting it happen.

Maybe I don't get it 'cuz I'm not the type to bend over for the almighty dollar...
Originally Posted by Durden7

Why would they get the benefit of the doubt?
The team?

So its not possible that they asked the question in a better way, and all Bryant heard was "Is your mom a prostitute?" because he was mad that the question was even being asked?  That doesnt seem like its possible?

Also, everything you hear from a player you take as truth?

Back
Top Bottom