********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

CP1708 wrote:

I seen a website that had Miami taking Haden at 12.
tired.gif
I mean, really? We just took Vontae, and then Smith in round 3, now they think we're gonna take yet another Corner?
grin.gif

C, Sean was a 2nd rder

If they pick Suh you will see, the Rams will be the same ole not able to score team who still cant stop no one. U pick Dez or someone who can score from further than 10 yards out at least you add productivity to the squad.
Why is it so important to take playmakers with that first pick? You can't address that in the second, third round(s) or in free agency? Whyreach for Dez Bryant at #1 when you are the worst team in the NFL and the player that everyone is calling "the most sure thing in the draft" is rightthere for the taking and you have a position that is vacant that he would immediately fill? Suh's attributes project him to be a far safer pick than any ofthe other DLs that you drafted in Kennedy, Carriker and Long. Sure, you've spent a lot of money on that position and have come up empty....so you'rejust going to stop trying?
ohwell.gif

Like I said, games are won in the trenches and even the best of playmakers cannot produce without good protection or a stiff defense to back up the points.Forte is a good example. You called him the most complete runningback in the NFL coming into this season. What was he able to do this year? Nothing. The onlygood games he really had were against St. Louis, Detroit and Cleveland. Everyone that has seen that situation unravel has pointed to the offensive line for hisstruggles.

The Lions have one of the best receivers in the NFL on their roster in Calvin Johnson, and you're proposing that drafting Dez Bryant would be a better wayto get the Rams out of the hole they are in than some other players on the board. Calvin Johnson has been with the Lions for three full years now and has hedone that for the Lions? Hell no. In fact, his best statistical season so far (12 TDs, 1300 YDs) was in 2008 when the Lions made history and went 0-16.

BOTH the Rams and Lions offensive and defensive lines are in shambles. That is a major reason why neither of them are having success. Sure, the Lions have moreoffensive weapons than the Rams right now, but what have those offensive weapons got them really? One more win than the Rams this season? Solid.

Fact of the matter is that you have to build a franchise up from both lines and the Rams can't afford to be scared to take another lineman due to the pastones struggling.

Suh needs to be the pick.

How is Suh more of a sure thing/safer pick than Long?

Chris Long, like Suh was the clear cut #1 DL in the draft AND he could play 2, possibly 3 positions.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Suh is a once every 20 years prospect at DT like Warren Sapp. In my opinion Claussen or Bradford arent good enough to pass up on that. Id rather have Suh and Mccoy in the 2nd. Il say one thing though, if the Lions get Suh at 2 wow. To get a number one overall WR,QB and a DT in back to back years is amazing.
I aint buyin that once every 20 yrs crap ESPN been sellin.

Dorsey was supposed to be that
DeWayne robertson was supposed to be that before him.
Dan Big Daddy Wilkinson was supposed to be that before him
Chester Mcglockton was supposed to be that before him.

I Hope to God the Rams aint buyin into that too

Originally Posted by dreClark

Chris Long, like Suh was the clear cut #1 DL in the draft AND he could play 2, possibly 3 positions.

Yes but Long wasn't as much a dominating force as Suh is. Don't get me wrong, Long was a saxk monster at Virgina but Suh plays DT & still had moretackles than SS & LBs
pimp.gif

Long had a lot of positives coming out of VA but also some negatives. He's never had that explosive first step or the crazy athleticism/speedworthy of a pick so high imo Dre. Just my opinion though.

he didnt have what?

smh.gif

Chris Long had the best shuttle time of LBs and DEs at the combine that yr ... shuttle time = explosion, change of direction and quickness...
Chris Long, DE/OLB, Virginia: Long was definitely a top give pick, and still is. A great combine for C-Long. - 40 time: 4.75; Vertical Jump: 34; 20 yard shuttle: 4.21. Height: 6'4; Weight 280 lbs.
before yall go believin that fool, yall watch his combine ... then watch his college hilights and ask yourselves about his lack of exoplosion andfirst step

"this is a freakishly athletic kid"

smh.gif
people on NT just be sayin any old thing then throw "My opinion" so they cant be held accountable for talkin dumb %+%*

Chris Long was supposed to be a sure thing and right now is a BUST

Originally Posted by RoOk

Yes but Long wasn't as much a dominating force as Suh is.
How you figure?

Long senior season stats: Total Tackles - 79 ; TFL - 19 ; Sacks - 14 ; Blacked Kicks - 0 ; QB Hurries - 23 ; Passes batted down - 9.
Now compare to Suh
Suhs Senior Season stats: TT - 85 ; TFL - 24 ; Sacks - 12 ; Blocked Kicks - 3 ; QB hurries ; 28 ; Passes batted down - 10.

I think this shows Suh is more dominating && Hes a DT! While Long is a DE/OLB!
pimp.gif
And Suh played in a tougher Big 12 then Long did in the ACC

Naw, that just shows that a DT is harder to avoid than an DE/LB
laugh.gif
Thatdoesn't inherently make you more dominating. It's just common sense. It is much harder to run away from a DT than it is an OLB.

And I edited my post (before you posting that) saying that maybe you were right.
laugh.gif

I can just remember watching more of Long, and he was disgusting. On a Suh type level.

And lets not act like the big 12 is some sort of monster conference
laugh.gif

Nah I'm definitely accountable for what I say. My opinion is not changing though. The 5-6 games I saw of him during his junior/senior seasons at Virginia Ididn't see the speed or explosiveness that warranted a Top 2 selection.

Originally Posted by CP1708

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

Scott Frost wrote:

Rams best bet is to trade out of that #1 spot and stockpile picks.

Pow!

But no one will trade up into the #1 these days.

Exactly. Nobody wants to pay that #1 money. You don't think the Rams tried to trade in years past?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

You think Long would be better suited as a stand up rush end in a 3-4?
I dont care what he plays, he can take his @$@ to New England and be the next Mike Vrabel, just get his @$@ off my favorite team.

How he play opposite Leonard little and lines up against RTs and cant get sacks. I hate him! seriously. I hate him
roll.gif

Naw, that just shows that a DT is harder to avoid than an DE/LB
laugh.gif
That doesn't inherently make you more dominating. It's just common sense. It is much harder to run away from a DT than it is an OLB.

And I edited my post (before you posting that) saying that maybe you were right.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
What? A DT that runs a 4'9 compared to OLB/DE's that runs like4'4's? Okay Dre lol

roll.gif
What? A DT that runs a 4'9 compared to OLB/DE's that runs like 4'4's? Okay Dre lol
I'm talking in football terms you dunce.

If I see that the OLB/DE is lined up on the right side of my formation, I can switch the play to go to the opposite side, thus running away from him.

You can't do the same thing w/ a dominating DT who gets immediate pressure and collapses the pocket.

Thus, a DT is harder to run away from than a DE/OLB.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

You think Long would be better suited as a stand up rush end in a 3-4?
I dont care what he plays, he can take his @$@ to New England and be the next Mike Vrabel, just get his @$@ off my favorite team.

How he play opposite Leonard little and lines up against RTs and cant get sacks. I hate him! seriously. I hate him
roll.gif
Agree ; Dude is cheecks

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Suh is a once every 20 years prospect at DT like Warren Sapp. In my opinion Claussen or Bradford arent good enough to pass up on that. Id rather have Suh and Mccoy in the 2nd. Il say one thing though, if the Lions get Suh at 2 wow. To get a number one overall WR,QB and a DT in back to back years is amazing.
I aint buyin that once every 20 yrs crap ESPN been sellin.

Dorsey was supposed to be that
DeWayne robertson was supposed to be that before him.
Dan Big Daddy Wilkinson was supposed to be that before him
Chester Mcglockton was supposed to be that before him.

I Hope to God the Rams aint buyin into that too
Dewayne Robertson rose because of the combine and Dorsey was never regarded a once in a gen lineman like Suh is. Suh is good enough to go firstoverall those guys weren't. Suh and Berry are the best players in the draft.

roll.gif
What? A DT that runs a 4'9 compared to OLB/DE's that runs like 4'4's? Okay Dre lol
I'm talking in football terms you dunce.

If I see that the OLB/DE is lined up on the right side of my formation, I can switch the play to go to the opposite side, thus running away from him.

You can't do the same thing w/ a dominating DT who gets immediate pressure and collapses the pocket.

Thus, a DT is harder to run away from than a DE/OLB.

eyes.gif

In some way i agree but also disagree. Yes a you can run away but guys like Ware or Jules Peppers (at times) their just as dominating as guys like AlbertHaynesworth

he didnt have what?

smh.gif

Chris Long had the best shuttle time of LBs and DEs at the combine that yr ... shuttle time = explosion, change of direction and quickness...
Chris Long, DE/OLB, Virginia: Long was definitely a
top give pick, and still is. A great combine for C-Long. - 40 time:
4.75; Vertical Jump: 34; 20 yard shuttle: 4.21. Height: 6'4; Weight 280
lbs.
before yall go believin that fool, yall watch his combine ... then watch his college hilights and ask yourselves about his lack of exoplosion and first step

"this is a freakishly athletic kid"

smh.gif
people on NT just be sayin any old thing then throw "My opinion" so they cant be held accountable for talkin dumb %+%*

Chris Long was supposed to be a sure thing and right now is a BUST

The BIGGEST knock I remember on Chris Long is that had already PEAKED in college.
That the performance you saw from him in college was as good as it was going to get
from him.

Hype around Big Daddy was astronomical. Remember that SI cover when I was a kid. Hearing Kiper talk about Suh makes me wonder that he had to have said thesame things about Wilkinson:

8c716943d303e64ee3d3107dd95a67ba647a13e7.pjpg

Dude was a manchild, though

hey gunna i have no clue cuz i dont follow the rams, but who is/was there d coordinator since long was picked? seems like yall had talent since jumpstreet butyour d consistently blows ...

Back
Top Bottom