2010 Official Boxing Thread: Soto/Antillon, 2010 Fight of the Year.

http://www.youtube.com/v/r01kbU4SFnM&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/r01kbU4SFnM&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Hopefully not Late...
nerd.gif

Great vid made by Gorilla.

I highly recommend the Marquez-Vasquez Trilogy to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Will it be his Buster Douglas moment?
Terrible analogy. Berto is no where near the underdog as Douglas, and Sugar Shane is no where near as dominating as Tyson was in those days.

I have Shane winning comfortably. But def. his age and a year break is not going to help.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Will it be his Buster Douglas moment?
Terrible analogy. Berto is no where near the underdog as Douglas, and Sugar Shane is no where near as dominating as Tyson was in those days.

I have Shane winning comfortably. But def. his age and a year break is not going to help.
you misunderstood.

I was talking more along the lines about his performance.
Both fighters have had something tragic happen right before the fight. (Douglas's mother dying, Berto losing family in Haiti)
Now Berto can channel all those emotions into a spectacular showing as did Buster in Tokyo,
or he can let those same emotions be his downfall.

We'll see what he chose on fight night.

my boxing heads,
I know match ups make fights but can someone give me an solid reason why vernon forrest (RIP) Owned Shane? I just dont get it, never understood it...

what did Forrest do that just controlled Shane?

I cant remember the eb and flow of the fights at all

I'll have to check youtube i guess

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

my boxing heads,
I know match ups make fights but can someone give me an solid reason why vernon forrest (RIP) Owned Shane? I just dont get it, never understood it...

what did Forrest do that just controlled Shane?

I cant remember the eb and flow of the fights at all

I'll have to check youtube i guess

vernon , the longer fighter outjabbed him and neutralized shanes left hook

one of freddies undefeated fighters is fighting on fsn vs kassim ouma....i'll root for ouma cause i hate freddy roach lmao.....kassim FELL OFF 41st rankedlight middle wieght

I just watched fight one over and nah it wasnt the jab

it was all right hand Uppercuts & that ridiculous over hand right.
eek.gif

No one else ever just got upper cut happy on Shane since?

where MfreshM at?

I just watched fight one over and nah it wasnt the jab

it was all right hand Uppercuts & that ridiculous over hand right.
eek.gif

No one else ever just got upper cut happy on Shane since?

where MfreshM at?

i think most importantly he stayed out of trouble....didnt eat any left hooks

Ouma showing his experiance in this one , ATTACKING the cut with straight rights
edit :vanes is 26-0 at age 23.....fighting a veteran boxer on one month notice?????

if i was fortunate to be 26-0 at that age i would seriously take a year off to preserve my hands and body....i would spar n be a gym rat for 12months....horrible management on his teams part

fight one, he did get hit by the left hook. he was just eatin up like m&ms
in like Round 6 or 7 even foreman was like Shane needs to just forget about those left hooks

Im go watch fight 2, Its hard for me to understand cus I dont think theres one thing Forrest did in the ring better than shane. maybe more pop, yeah ill givehim that

I wonder if Berto crew is even thinkin about doing any significant body work vs Shane

fight one, he did get hit by the left hook. he was just eatin up like m&ms
in like Round 6 or 7 even foreman was like Shane needs to just forget about those left hooks

Im go watch fight 2, Its hard for me to understand cus I dont think theres one thing Forrest did in the ring better than shane. maybe more pop, yeah ill give him that

I wonder if Berto crew is even thinkin about doing any significant body work vs Shane

berto's got a mean uppercut if he can work on the body in the early rounds the uppercut should fall in place for him

Bertos upper cut is imo his best punch. Im thinkin 2nd best upper in da biz behind Zabs left upper cut

edit, in that 10th round Forrest ripped like 3 incredible left hooks tothe body and Shane was damn near out on his feet from em

ROBBERY..................%*!% like this really pisses me off.....if this was de la hoya or mayweather who are SET for life i wouldnt care but this kassim cantbe making more then 100k a fight at this point KASSIM WON THAT FIGHT .............note to any amauter fighters turning pro on NT.... DONT FIGHT IN A TOP RANKEVENT

round 8 alone was a 2 point round cause of the knockdown , i had him up 3-2 around the 5th...switched channels till the 8th were kassim knocked him downsmh...hope kassim can still at least generate a decent fight cause of this

watching boxing on youtube

Lennox Lewis vs Vitali Klitschko- still the nastest cut i ever seen in boxing
sick.gif
lewis started rubbing his nappy *#@ hair in that %+#@ to make it worse
laugh.gif
. vitali was still giving him the bizz and was on his way to winning that fight before it was stopped

lewis VS holyfield- still the biggest robbery in boxing history

DLH VS Tito- they dude my boy dirty that night. dont care if he ran the last 3 rounds. he had a damn near shutout going before the 10th round started

People forget Forrest had a great chin. I haven't seen those fights since the original air dates but from what I remember I think Shane was catching Vernonbut Vernon kept coming and countering him pretty effectively. I remember never seeing Shane hurt like that before and since then though. To me Shane holds hishands in the same way as Cotto, can be caught by a fighter w/a good uppercut. I think Cotto caught him once or twice w/uppercuts. He barely throws them backthough. I dunno, I gotta sober up and watch those links Gunna posted up.

Mike, you're on the money on all 3 of those.

yea man, Forrest chin was absurd

but then he gets in with Mayorga and damn near lost his life in that 1st fight
Boxing makes absolutely no sense thats why its so great

*edit
Larry Merchant: "If you're a good fighter and you fight enough good fighters, you'll end up with a Loss."

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

yea man, Forrest chin was absurd

but then he gets in with Mayorga and damn near lost his life in that 1st fight
Boxing makes absolutely no sense thats why its so great

*edit
Larry Merchant: "If you're a good fighter and you fight enough good fighters, you'll end up with a Loss."
I was utterly shocked when I finally saw Forest-Mayorga.
Was thinking Forrest was gonna K.O him, then Forest gets K.O'd himself.

Back
Top Bottom