2010 Official Boxing Thread: Soto/Antillon, 2010 Fight of the Year.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

golden boy is saying after the cintron/campbell fight, that MM will take on the winner of berto vs. mosley.
laugh.gif
Sure he will....

K9 will probably knock his $$$ out too. King should just kick his $$$ off the undercard and put another 154 lb'er in his spot. Pushing back a unificationfight so a fighter on the undercard can make weight is asinine.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by TCERDA

marionthebarberian wrote:

golden boy is saying after the cintron/campbell fight, that MM will take on the winner of berto vs. mosley.
laugh.gif
Sure he will....

well thats what golden boy is pushing for.
I hope so bro! Ive never doubted Floyd's amazing talent, but its time for him to step up his game and test his skills. If he fights Shane andwins, that should be the icing on the cake. He will not need Pacquiao on his resume.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

TCERDA wrote:

laugh.gif
Sure he will....

and he's praying Berto somehow wins....

rather than fight a 39 year old mosley that got outboxed by cotto............lets get this out of the way im done sugar coating it............MOSLEYSUCKS........he exposed the SLOWEST puncher ive ever seen in my life........WHO HE KNEW WAS GONNA GIVE HIM THE FIRST 6 ROUNDS and went to the body and finishedthe last 6 doin head damage......and he's been out of the ring for a year which at 39 isnt a good idea unless ur name is bernard hopkins

Originally Posted by EdWord

TCERDA wrote:

laugh.gif
Sure he will....

and he's praying Berto somehow wins....

rather than fight a 39 year old mosley that got outboxed by cotto............lets get this out of the way im done sugar coating it............MOSLEY SUCKS........he exposed the SLOWEST puncher ive ever seen in my life........WHO HE KNEW WAS GONNA GIVE HIM THE FIRST 6 ROUNDS and went to the body and finished the last 6 doin head damage......and he's been out of the ring for a year which at 39 isnt a good idea unless ur name is bernard hopkins
You act like Cotto is just garbage. Mind you, Cotto hadnt taken a brutal beating yet when he faced Mosley. (Didnt Mosley take care of what Cottocouldnt?)
eyes.gif
And loaded gloves wouldnt have mattered. Things change afteryou take a severe beating bro. All of Mosley's losses with the exception of Cotto, have been to bigger men whom Mayweather wouldnt dare step in the ringwith (A prime Winky, Forrest and Cotto) Heck, Im gonna stop sugar coating it too. Im gonna say it. Mayweather STILL wont step into the ring with Cotto NOW.Also, I hope you dont think Berto is better than Mosley. Berto was clearly outboxed by Collazo. He should be thankful for still being in the mix cuz dudeshould have one "L" on his record. Mayweather should be ashamed for chasing Campbell, Malignaggi and Cintron. There is no justifying him chasin thosecats. I believe Paul Williams is available. You call yourself the best in the world. It should be a cakewalk to fight anyone. BTW! The Margarito/Mosley fightwent 9 rounds. Really 8 tho. He didnt finish the last 6 rounds doing head damage. Anywho, I saw your point.

I don't wanna see Williams/PBF now that I think about it. He has unfinished business w/Martinez and Pavlik is still out there and (hopefully) 100%.

Berto definitely got speed and youth on his side. I fully expect a spirited effort from Berto, especially with the tragedy in Haiti adding extra motivation forhim. I'm giving him a better shot than I did a month or so ago.

Still, Berto's trainer is garbage and Shane is training with one of the best. Based on that alone, I'd give Mosley an edge.

Gotta see some updated pics of him in training. He looked god awful when they first agreed to the fight. Never seen Berto that out of shape before betweenfights.

let me ask, has Berto ever taken a shot like Shane will deliver?
Berto is Fat and out of shape.
the Hatia disaster can work both ways. he can come out inspired or completely drained and flat.

Berto's hit-fall in-then hold and tuck his head off to the right is NOT gonna work, and his corner makes no adjustments mid fight.

Antonio was taylor made for Shane but I believe Shane has fought faster and better punchers than Berto.

Andre has to put in the performance of a lifetime to pull off this win, it could happen and I will definitely be rooting for him
I liked Bertos heart in the late rounds vs Collazo but that sleep walk performance vs Durango was a step backwards.

Floyd cameback for $$$$$ he wants mosley to win because it's a big name and big money, to us berto vs Floyd would be a good fight but money wise itwouldn't do big for him

"Cory and I are no longer affiliated," said Cunningham, who also served as Spinks' manager for many years. "I fear for his safety because he weighed close to 200 pounds when he finally showed up at the gym and I refuse to try to get him ready for a fight eight weeks away in that condition. I fear for his health. That's how people get hurt in this boxing game."
eek.gif

smh.gif
if it was anyone but K9, I'd have no problem puttin like 5k on this fight
roll.gif

I had the same reaction when I read that
roll.gif

Cotto vs. foreman is almost a done deal.

I still feel MAC should be taking a longer break, with the recent passing of his dad.

Arum starts ball rolling on Foreman-Cotto

Friday, January 15, 2010 | Print Entry

There are two significant reasons why Top Rank's Bob Arum will be in New York next week. One will be to oversee a press conference on Wednesday to promote the Manny Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey welterweight title fight, which will take place on March 13 at Dallas Cowboys Stadium. The other is for the final promotional push for next Saturday's outstanding HBO "Boxing After Dark" card at the Madison Square Garden Theater.

That card, which I can't wait for, features a pair of featherweight title bouts as Steven Luevano defends against junior featherweight titlist Juan Manuel Lopez and the electrifying Yuriorkis Gamboa defends his sliver of the title against rugged Rogers Mtagwa.

That's a lot of business for one week, but apparently not enough for Arum.

He will also start the unofficial media blitz for another fight he intends to make for June. That fight would see newly crowned junior middleweight titleholder Yuri Foreman, the New York-based, Belarus native who is studying to become a rabbi, defending against former welterweight beltholder Miguel Cotto, who lost his title via 12th-round knockout to Pacquiao in November on the same card on which Foreman beat Daniel Santos to win his title.

"You will see Miguel Cotto and Yuri Foreman at Madison Square Garden on Jan. 23," Arum told me the other day. "The reason they will both be there is to start the promotion for their fight in June. Miguel wants to fight Foreman. Yuri wants a big fight. Yuri will have the Jewish fans behind him. And we already know what a big attraction Miguel is in New York and how much the Puerto Rican fans support him."

The bout would take place at the Garden on June 12, the eve of the annual National Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York. Top Rank has made that weekend a regular fight date for Cotto for the past few years.

Arum said Cotto, who is still mourning the recent death of his father, asked to come to the Jan. 23 show and is interested in moving up in weight to challenge Foreman.

Foreman, too, is interested in the fight. He had been in the running to land the March fight with Pacquiao after the fight with Floyd Mayweather (I'm still not over that) fell apart. But Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer, put the kibosh on the match over concern about Pacquiao again moving up in weight and facing the much taller Foreman.

So if Foreman couldn't get Pacquiao, he'll certainly take Cotto, according to manager Murray "Shpipples" Wilson.

Arum admits he hasn't yet talked to either camp about money, but he plans to next week in New York.

Arum also said he is unsure if he would present the fight on pay-per-view or try to make a deal with HBO. But either way, he intends to make the fight.

"That's why I am going to show them together in New York, to get this thing rolling," Arum said. "They both want the fight. It would be so big in New York."

If Lopez beats Luevano, Arum said he'd like to put him on the June 12 undercard. Arum's plan has been to eventually match Lopez and Gamboa, if they are both victorious, but not right away.

"We're saving that for later in the year if they both win," Arum said.

[h2]Mayweather facing three felony charges[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

LAS VEGAS -- Boxing trainer Roger Mayweather was bound over for trial Friday in Nevada on three felony charges alleging he beat and strangled a female boxer during a confrontation at an apartment he owned.

The woman, Melissa St. Vil, 26, was the only person to testify at an evidentiary hearing after which Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Pro-Tem James Gubler decided there was sufficient evidence to try Mayweather on coercion, battery-strangulation and battery causing substantial bodily harm charges. Mayweather could face three to 16 years in prison if convicted of all counts.

"He did this to me," St. Vil told prosecutor Megan Thomson after pointing to the 48-year-old Mayweather and viewing copies of four photographs taken at a hospital following the Aug. 2 altercation. The photos showed injuries to her neck, face and head.

Mayweather, a former fighter who trains his nephew, boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., slouched at the defendant's table during the evidentiary hearing. He did not testify, and his lawyers, Jack Buchanan and Jim Kelly, chose not to call witnesses on his behalf. He remains free on $13,000 bail.

Mayweather at one point trained St. Vil, and he owned the apartment where she and Mayweather's tenant, Cornelius Lott, were living. St. Vil said Friday that Mayweather was angry that she was in the apartment when he arrived looking for Lott.

St. Vil said she called the police and hit Mayweather with a lamp. Before officers arrived, she said, Mayweather grabbed her neck from behind and choked her until she couldn't breathe, she felt her heart beat diminish, and she felt herself begin to lapse into unconsciousness. She said she later spit up blood.

Written police reports after Mayweather's arrest said officers found the front door open and saw Mayweather behind St. Vil in the kitchen with his arms around her as she struggled to get free.

The judge set arraignment for Jan. 26 in Clark County District Court.

Outside the courtroom, Buchanan said Mayweather will plead not guilty and challenge the charges against him.

At trial, Buchanan said he'll show that St. Vil started the scuffle, gave conflicting accounts to boxing reporters afterward, and hoped to use it to obtain a civil financial settlement.

Police had reported Mayweather had injuries on the head and the side of his face. Kelly said they were from punches thrown by St. Vil.

Under questioning by Buchanan, St. Vil testified she never punched Mayweather and that none of her injuries stemmed from a boxing match she won two days earlier, on July 31, against Jennifer Han in Las Cruces, N.M.

St. Vil, who told Thomson the fight took place in Mexico City, at first denied she was punched in the face or body during the four-round bout, but later said she remembered being punched in the shoulder.

She acknowledged that she received a bump on her head, but said it was from a head-butt.

let me ask, has Berto ever taken a shot like Shane will deliver?
Berto is Fat and out of shape.
the Hatia disaster can work both ways. he can come out inspired or completely drained and flat.

Berto's hit-fall in-then hold and tuck his head off to the right is NOT gonna work, and his corner makes no adjustments mid fight.

Antonio was taylor made for Shane but I believe Shane has fought faster and better punchers than Berto.

Andre has to put in the performance of a lifetime to pull off this win, it could happen and I will definitely be rooting for him
I liked Bertos heart in the late rounds vs Collazo but that sleep walk performance vs Durango was a step backwards.

This is one the most important factors in this fight.

Will it be his Buster Douglas moment?
Or will Shane make an easy night's work of a Berto whose mind will be somewhere else.

I stand by my prediction of a late Mosley K.O but this will be very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom