2011 AFC East Season Thread vol. 2

Miami's secondary and run defense is gonna be trash all year . If Brady actually wanted to he could've thrown for 600 yards .

ESPN rated Vontae Davis as overrated"Scouts Inc. grades have Davis as one of the top 10 cornerbacks in the league. That may be true when it comes to raw talent, but like a lot of young cornerbacks, Davis' early performance hasn't quite reflected that talent level.According to Football Outsiders game charting, Davis ranked 61st in adjusted yards per pass allowed last year, and 71st in adjusted success rate in coverage.He also had nine broken tackles, which is a lot for a cornerback.

Hats off to Brady, what can ya say, he's the best there is. Our defense will be fine, clearly offense is ahead of defense this year in the NFL. They'll get it together. Henne though, clearly proving yet again that he is >>>>>>>>>>Maria Sanchize. Schaub shouldn't be able to no huddle us to death like Tom did, although I expect Andre to have a nice day. Carroll and Sapp.....
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Henne though, clearly proving yet again that he is >>>>>>>>>>Maria Sanchize.
And regardless your team still sucks.  You guys might be worse than the Bills.  Fitzpatrick>>>Henne.

Hats off to Brady, what can ya say, he's the best there is. Our defense will be fine, clearly offense is ahead of defense this year in the NFL. They'll get it together. Henne though, clearly proving yet again that he is >>>>>>>>>>Maria Sanchize. Schaub shouldn't be able to no huddle us to death like Tom did, although I expect Andre to have a nice day. Carroll and Sapp.....
30t6p3b.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Yea there is clearly a HUGE drop off between sean and vontae to carroll and sapp. The were getting torched something vicious. How do you jump routes LATE?! The ball is in Wes's or Deion's hands and then you jump for it. ayi carumba. Somewhere Will Allen is smiling. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Like i said in the week 1 review, defense let the phins down, because the offense played really well for the most part. But there is no amount of running you can do in the off-season, lockout, to simulate Brady, Getting hit 700 times a game, and No Huddle. You need to train your body for those hits and so it doesn't get tired... With that said i think they will be just fine once it gets there. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Henne... Made a LOT of smart decisions, threw only One pick and that came with :00 on the clock. Made some really nice throws. Two things i saw tho... the first is in the redzone. He is just not an inside the 10 yardline QB... from 15 yards out, just fine. When he is on the 5 or so and missing both of those back shoulder throws was hard to watch. Brandon had TDs available that Henne missed, that needs to be worked on a 1,000 times before the Texans games. It will be there again for sure. The other is how deep he gets in the pocket Without stepping up in the pocket. He gets pressured, sacked, and swiped at because he sits at the top of the pocket, not good when you have a Columbo at RT. Scoot up and deliever. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Uppers:[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Pouncey played a really good game against Elite DTs. I felt he held his own nicely out there. Sure he was beat a time or two, but he played a great game.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- WR core always had a really good game. I don't know how many times i saw the dolphins hands of stone last season, they didn't show up last night.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Bush had a decent game as well, almost totaled 100 yards from scrimmage. Got into the endzone and was clearly motivated to shine. He didn't get hurt.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Odrick, Cam, Kendall, Soliai and the rest of the line (once they are in great condo) will be beastly.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- I love what they are doing on offense. The scheme, the looks, that whole package (so far). [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Downers:[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- already stated... gassed.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- redzone O, redzone D[/color]

oof....

got the game from Welker i needed atleast...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

depending too much of Bush in the first game? i think so. hope Thomas gets healthy quick.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And regardless your team still sucks.  You guys might be worse than the Bills.  Fitzpatrick>>>Henne.

And yet, we'll still beat the Jets this year. Watching pick 6 try to throw at us like he's Tom will be fantastic.
laugh.gif
Although, I'm already seeing a huge game for Keller against us again.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Brady performed excellently. Took advantage of matchups brilliantly and the Pats O-line gave him all the protection in the world one QB can only dream of. There were plays where Tom literally was so in the zone has he stood in the pocket, bouncing around going through all his check-downs, for at least 12-15 seconds smh .... Simply unacceptable for a defense to allow.

1-8 in last 9 home games....at least their making money  for Fergie with ticket sales bought by alllll of those die hard knowledgeable Dolphin fans, Vontaes pretty quiet today

And yet, we'll still beat the Jets this year. Watching pick 6 try to throw at us like he's Tom will be fantastic.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Dolphins love bragging about beating the Jets, but no playoff victories to show for it..
Funny

We're still awful against Tight Ends.

The corners didn't really get cooked, more so the LBs, Nickel DBs and Safeties.

And Brady is Brady. He will do that to many defenses with the talent at the skill positions.

Liked what I saw from Henne however. He was balling. Just gotta work on his chemistry with Marshall.

Offensive playcalling was ok, but left a lot to be desired (fade route on 4th & 1? and not even to Marshall? c'mon)

The inability of the defense to adjust after the half
30t6p3b.gif

All in all, still have 15 more games to play.

Originally Posted by Henryflo91

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Dolphins love bragging about beating the Jets, but no playoff victories to show for it..
Funny

Jets fans love to brag about how "good" they are LATELY...yet only have 1 Superbowl win in the last 45 years.
laugh.gif

It's all good, Tony Romo isn't handing you free Ws every week.   
frown.gif

Boy I tell ya'....win a couple playoff games and all of a suden you're hot $hit. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Dolphins fans aren't bashing on the Bills anymore in here... I wonder why

pimp.gif

Looking at their schedule, the Dolphins could start out 0-4. They could not beat the Browns last year, probably won't this year either.
laugh.gif

We lost to the best QB in football, the Jets were down 2 tubs to Tony Romo before he remembered he was actually Lebron Romo and the Bills did surprise, FOR ONE game, and now they think the season is complete. 
laugh.gif

Sapp won't be around to cost us anymore games.  Wonder if anyone even works him out the rest of this year. 
laugh.gif

We lost to the best QB in football, the Jets were down 2 tubs to Tony Romo before he remembered he was actually Lebron Romo and the Bills did surprise, FOR ONE game, and now they think the season is complete. 
laugh.gif

Sapp won't be around to cost us anymore games.  Wonder if anyone even works him out the rest of this year. 
laugh.gif

seriously though. im not even gunna try and knock the game Brady had, but thats a once in a decade type of performance. i think we can still have a strong defense, maybe stronger without Sapp
laugh.gif
. plenty of possitives can be taken from what our offense showed. us getting in the endzone at the end of the game could have ruined alot of peoples weekends against the spread. wasnt a complete blowout atleast.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

seriously though. im not even gunna try and knock the game Brady had, but thats a once in a decade type of performance. i think we can still have a strong defense, maybe stronger without Sapp
laugh.gif
you guys had zero pass rush. my dude was sitting back there in the pocket, texting moss about who was open downfield and how he wishes he was still here in NE, and then chucking the ball downfield. darrell revis wouldn't have been able to hang with the receivers for THAT long. it all starts with pass rush. our offensive line was huge that game.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
you guys had zero pass rush. my dude was sitting back there in the pocket, texting moss about who was open downfield and how he wishes he was still here in NE, and then chucking the ball downfield. darrell revis wouldn't have been able to hang with the receivers for THAT long. it all starts with pass rush. our offensive line was huge that game.
Stop it.

We also overreacted to Brady back there.  Nolan is an attacking coordinator, and he tried to sit back and slow and confuse Brady instead of just straight up bum rushing him.  You do that, and that's less time your average corners (Sapp and Carroll) have to defend.  Let them jam their receiver, turn and run for 2 seconds, and the ball has to be out or Brady has been hit.  Nolan didn't do that.  He was tryin to play zones, and "fool" Brady, and Tom just laughed and picked our weakest link each and every play.  That was a bad call on Nolan.  I hope that this week he will go after Schaub much more and that will help.  Allen may be taking Sapp's place, but Carroll is going to still be picked on a lot til he shows he can play. 

The one positive from this is, after Schaub, all we have left the rest of the year is Rivers in 2 weeks, and Brady at the end of the year.  Vick too, but he's an entirely different type of QB to stress us out.  He won't murk us with accuracy, he'll get us with his legs.  The rest of the QB's were face are a bunch of lames like Pick 6.  So our nickel corners will be less tested than playing guys like Brady, Peyton, Ben, etc etc all year. 

laugh.gif
@ pick 6

jsteez...that's not a knock on revis. it's impossible for any corner to cover and chase for that long. i was barely exagerrating when i said brady had enough time to text moss before he had to get rid of it. you have to get to the QB eventually...after 7 to 10 seconds, someone is getting open whether it's cro and revis or sapp and carroll. but not a knock on revis at all
laugh.gif

Tom Brady to fans: "Start drinking early" Sunday

Is Tom Brady angling to be the official spokesman for tailgating?
If so, the New England Patriots quarterback gave an impressive audition Wednesday when a reporter asked him during a locker room chat if he had a message to fans coming to Sunday's home opener in Foxborough, Mass., against the San Diego Chargers.

"Start drinking early," Brady said. "Get nice and rowdy. It's a 4:15 game. They have a lot of time to get lubed up and come out here and cheer for their home team."

The comments got a nice chuckle from the press, but Brady's remark could be more than a way to stimulate the economy by boosting business for alcoholic beverage providers. (Or part of a strategy to win some kind of secret team bet to get Harvard Law School professor and newly announced Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren to pop open a cold one in a Gillette Stadium parking lot.)

Brady probably just wants Pats fans to stay for the whole game, hoping a good buzz will keep them from leaving early like they did last year during the team's 38-24 opening win against the Cincinnati Bengals, which made the New England QB unhappy.

"Look, we make good plays, they're going to scream," Brady told reporters Wednesday. "If we don't make good plays, they're going to probably boo us, so we're going to focus on trying to make good plays, and, you know, the crowd, it always helps when they're loud. Look, but we've got to give them reasons to be loud. We've got to give them reasons to cheer for us."

But the Patriots don't want to give fans reasons to get too rowdy, perhaps because of a University of Minnesota study that came out earlier this year reporting that 1 in 12 of fans leaving baseball and football games were legally drunk.

CBS News station WBZ-TV in Boston reports that the front office issued a toned-down clarification of Brady's remarks later Wednesday.

"Stay hydrated," Brady said through a team spokesman. "Drink a lot of water, be loud, drink responsibly."

9039111-large.jpg

mark-sanchez-2-217jpg-ba547afb3d02cf14_large.jpg

280401720-16082122.jpg

Back
Top Bottom