2011 Air Jordan III (3) Blk/Cement-Grey: Aftermath Thread

Originally Posted by EddieWinslow

Originally Posted by junkmailucsd

for everyone that bought them at dcks sporting goods...make sure you got ur $15 off on black friday.
How???
On black friday all athletic shoes were $15 off. They were selling the 3's for 149...so they should have all came out to 135. So if you bought them at D.icks sporting goods on black friday...make sure you get your $15.

Originally Posted by EddieWinslow

Originally Posted by junkmailucsd

for everyone that bought them at dcks sporting goods...make sure you got ur $15 off on black friday.
How???
On black friday all athletic shoes were $15 off. They were selling the 3's for 149...so they should have all came out to 135. So if you bought them at D.icks sporting goods on black friday...make sure you get your $15.

Originally Posted by Teamecko

Just got mine in:
photozlml.jpg

photocopyk.jpg

photocopy2.jpg

Needless to say im a little upset. This is the first time that ive bought Jordans and the quality was this bad (last pair I got were the fire red Vs back in 07 I think). Is there anything I can do? I bought them on NDC, would they send me out another pair?
damn, smh @ JB...they know everyone is going after this release, so their QC is like none. I actually went through 6 pairs to get 2 pairs that I can take, none is perfect, this is pure crap
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

dude, I would just return that pair to a nike store or outlet for full refund...the chance they will send you another pair is like close to zero unless they get a restock. anyway, i feel your pain.

Originally Posted by Teamecko

Just got mine in:
photozlml.jpg

photocopyk.jpg

photocopy2.jpg

Needless to say im a little upset. This is the first time that ive bought Jordans and the quality was this bad (last pair I got were the fire red Vs back in 07 I think). Is there anything I can do? I bought them on NDC, would they send me out another pair?
damn, smh @ JB...they know everyone is going after this release, so their QC is like none. I actually went through 6 pairs to get 2 pairs that I can take, none is perfect, this is pure crap
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

dude, I would just return that pair to a nike store or outlet for full refund...the chance they will send you another pair is like close to zero unless they get a restock. anyway, i feel your pain.

Originally Posted by alan713

Lined up at the 34th street footaction for an hr. I made the mistake of not checking my pair. Guess I'm selling them.

11ad6jp.jpg

nqpnb4.jpg

2m633x0.jpg

So I'm back again with some better pics than my camera phone. So in my first set of photos, what I'm trying to point out is that the "A" on the heel tab of my left shoe is slightly covered by the elephant print, it just overlaps the left bottom of the A. Second photo shows the comparison to the right shoe, where it doesn't overlap.
2qvzgrb.jpg

14uc7r7.jpg

Next photo shows a tiny chunk of my elephant print missing and a glue stain.
15pikuv.jpg

The next few photos is what really got me upset. I don't mind the minor defects and all, but when the leather on my shoes don't match...
2ztecsj.jpg

28i91g4.jpg

5zffns.jpg

2dc7bm9.jpg

I'm not that upset by the little things because you really can't tell. The leather is a what got me upset. I guess it's my fault since I didn't check before I purchased them, but when you are charging $160 for a shoe that people lined up for, a little quality control would be nice. Matter of fact, for $160 shoe ($10 more than the true blues, $25 more than past retros) I shouldn't have to even think about checking my shoes before I pay to make sure the quality is on point. I'll be selling them to one of my friends, whoever wants them and doesn't mind, if not I'll be returning them. I refuse to spend money (more money than previous III's) on something that isn't perfect. 

Lined up at the 34th street footaction for an hr. I made the mistake of not checking my pair. Guess I'm selling them.

11ad6jp.jpg

nqpnb4.jpg

2m633x0.jpg

So I'm back again with some better pics than my camera phone. So in my first set of photos, what I'm trying to point out is that the "A" on the heel tab of my left shoe is slightly covered by the elephant print, it just overlaps the left bottom of the A. Second photo shows the comparison to the right shoe, where it doesn't overlap.
2qvzgrb.jpg

14uc7r7.jpg

15pikuv.jpg

The next few photos is what really got me upset. I don't mind the minor defects and all, but when the leather on my shoes don't match...
2ztecsj.jpg

28i91g4.jpg

5zffns.jpg

2dc7bm9.jpg

I'm not that upset by the little things because you really can't tell. The leather is a what got me upset. I guess it's my fault since I didn't check before I purchased them, but when you are charging $160 for a shoe that people lined up for, a little quality control would be nice. Matter of fact, for $160 shoe ($10 more than the true blues, $25 more than past retros) I shouldn't have to even think about checking my shoes before I pay to make sure the quality is on point. I'll be selling them to one of my friends, whoever wants them and doesn't mind, if not I'll be returning them. I refuse to spend money (more money than previous III's) on something that isn't perfect. 

the d.icks i work at got a shipment of at least 2 pairs in every size and i think we sold maybe 5 pairs total, 2 of them to employees. And we have em for $149

the d.icks i work at got a shipment of at least 2 pairs in every size and i think we sold maybe 5 pairs total, 2 of them to employees. And we have em for $149

11ad6jp.jpg

nqpnb4.jpg

2m633x0.jpg

2qvzgrb.jpg

14uc7r7.jpg

15pikuv.jpg

2ztecsj.jpg

28i91g4.jpg

5zffns.jpg

2dc7bm9.jpg

This is how my pair was like too.
30t6p3b.gif

11ad6jp.jpg

nqpnb4.jpg

2m633x0.jpg

2qvzgrb.jpg

14uc7r7.jpg

15pikuv.jpg

2ztecsj.jpg

28i91g4.jpg

5zffns.jpg

2dc7bm9.jpg

This is how my pair was like too.
30t6p3b.gif

To be fair, most pairs look pretty good (my pairs look great... the very slight "precreasing" really isn't that big of a deal... and if it is, just stuff the toes a little bit more or something to get rid of it).

But yes, that mismatched leather on that pair above does not look good (although that is the only real "defect" that I would be worried about).

The "missing lace hole" pair is interesting... is there a picture of the other side of that pair/shoe? Because I've seen plenty of pairs where you have to "push" the inner material out (because the outside lace hole is already there... it just didn't get pushed through all the way originally for some reason).

To be fair, most pairs look pretty good (my pairs look great... the very slight "precreasing" really isn't that big of a deal... and if it is, just stuff the toes a little bit more or something to get rid of it).

But yes, that mismatched leather on that pair above does not look good (although that is the only real "defect" that I would be worried about).

The "missing lace hole" pair is interesting... is there a picture of the other side of that pair/shoe? Because I've seen plenty of pairs where you have to "push" the inner material out (because the outside lace hole is already there... it just didn't get pushed through all the way originally for some reason).

Got my pairs in today from sneakerst.com. I'm glad I ordered .5 down. These run the same as the WC and True Blues.

Got my pairs in today from sneakerst.com. I'm glad I ordered .5 down. These run the same as the WC and True Blues.

Finally checked my pair out today....looks good to me. Don't plain on wearing till maybe NYE then that's it till summer.

Finally checked my pair out today....looks good to me. Don't plain on wearing till maybe NYE then that's it till summer.

Wore mine yesterday for some afternoon errands and then out all night.  Prob had them on for 8 hours, no signs of cracking so far.  And I'm 6'8 240 so I'm guessing it's not a weight issue.  

Wore mine yesterday for some afternoon errands and then out all night.  Prob had them on for 8 hours, no signs of cracking so far.  And I'm 6'8 240 so I'm guessing it's not a weight issue.  

Back
Top Bottom