2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by FeelMode

Originally Posted by The Wizard

if the title game is LSU/Bama. there could be a 3rd SEC team in the BCS

unless something has changed this year then NO, 3 teams from the same conference can not all go BCS bowling.

the bcs championship game isnt separate, its still part of the equation.

1 of the 3, between arky, lsu. & bama will be in the cotton bowl or whichever bowl gets the 3rd place sec team this year.

No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings.
If Bama/LSU are 1-2 and UGA wins the title game, all 3 could theoretically go to a BCS bowl

Am i reading that right but how would LSU & Bama be ranked 1/2 if Georgia wins the title game? Especially losing that late in the season.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Am i reading that right but how would LSU & Bama be ranked 1/2 if Georgia wins the title game? Especially losing that late in the season.

Correct me if there's some fault in this but:
It's unlikely but not impossible.  It would require Ok State to lose at the very least.  LSU could lose the SEC Championship game to UGA and possibly only drop to #2.  Some would argue that they beat Oregon so regardless of when their loss occurred (and when the game against Oregon was played and how both teams looked since), they would deserve to be ranked ahead of Oregon.  Oklahoma would have a beef with that though if it was them who beat Ok State.  If Oregon loses again, that scenario becomes more realistic...though UGA won't win the SEC.  They look way better but haven't beaten anyone worth a damn.

If 2 teams that didn't win their conference title yet somehow played for the national title then the outcry would be humongous. Would you have to blow up the system at that point?

If 2 teams that didn't win their conference title yet somehow played for the national title then the outcry would be humongous. Would you have to blow up the system at that point?
I think the BCS system is clearly flawed and if that scenario were to play out, you'd think people would be pissed.  At the same time, some people seem to think LSU & Bama are the two best teams regardless.
Not the best comparison but wild card/division/conference runner-ups win pro & college championships often enough as it is.  Difference is that every other sport has some sort of playoff.  I personally think there should be a 4 team playoff.  If you didn't do enough to be one of the top 4, tough *++!.

If OSU, Oregon, most likely Oklahoma all lose. Stranger things have happened.

Originally Posted by jetpackbirdy

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

I see the SEC possibly getting 3 in the BCS if we can knock off LSU. We probably can't get into the SEC Championship game, but we could perhaps sneak into the national title even without making it.

If ark were to beat lsu what would be the tie breaker between the 3?
BCS ranking. I think something similar happened in the Big 12 few years ago

Personally I don't see OK.ST. losing to either Iowa State or Oklahoma @ home.  If Okl had a healthy Broyles, maybe, but I don't think they can hang offensively with the Cowboys.

I would be surprised to see LSU lose to Arkansas based on their defense.

Oregon is clearly the best of the "west" teams, but that really doesn't help them crack the top 2 or 3. 

In my mind, and from what I have seen, there is LSU and Alabama, then Ok.st, Okl, Oregon, Boise, Clemson, Va. tech, etc....On a neutral field, I dont see any of the second group hanging with either LSU or Alabama.  Their O's would get slowed down significantly and their D's aren't tough enough to stop either LSU or Alabama dead in their tracks.

This is really a two-horse race, but in all likelihood, OK.ST will crash the party and then figure out the same thing Oregon did last year in the nat'l championship game.  Extraordinary defense wins over gimmicky and high octane offense.  Especially if coordinators have time to break it down.

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by jetpackbirdy

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

I see the SEC possibly getting 3 in the BCS if we can knock off LSU. We probably can't get into the SEC Championship game, but we could perhaps sneak into the national title even without making it.

If ark were to beat lsu what would be the tie breaker between the 3?
BCS ranking. I think something similar happened in the Big 12 few years ago

This.

Bryscooplaygrif -  Defensively, we know that's where LSU's strength is, but every year it's been the same story. Can Arkansas' defense stop LSU enough because the offense will put up points. 3 out of the last 4 meets vs LSU, we've won including when LSU throttled my Buckeyes for the title
mad.gif
. We just seem to have their number, big reason is because we improve quite a bit throughout the season, whereas LSU peaked earlier on in the season.

The weakness in LSU's defense is in their LB's and we've run them all over the field this season with Wright/Adams.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Man @%#+ all that, I need LSU and Okie St. to win out

That's kind of where I stand now too.  Although 12-1 OK State vs. 12-1 (or 11-1) LSU in the title game would probably be more interesting just because of the **$% storm it would cause.

laugh.gif
at Tennessee being home dogs to Vandy.....thought i'd never see the day

but the south florida game has me shook
30t6p3b.gif

and cosign dre.....ok state/lsu championship would be 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Okie St by 7+ 

dre y'all better not get caught slipping like Miami and lose to UVA. I'm gonna need you guys to put the beat down on them and demoralize them. Can't have them getting any instate momentum.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

you can't possibly call usc a good team while saying that oregon hasn't beaten anybody. they beat the crap outta one of the teams that beat you
roll.gif
roll.gif
They beat the crap out of ASU?  Where you scoreboard watching.  Oregon outplayed them, but lets not pretend like ASU didn't make a million mistakes that game.  As always Oregon pulled away late, you make it sound like ASU was never in the game.

The argument is that Stanford hasn't beaten anybody, when Oregon hasn't beat anybody either.  You don't get brownie points for getting beat by LSU.  The only solid win on their schedule is beating ASU at home and ASU isn't looking too good now that they have shown that they are a bad road team.

If Washington is your measuring stick, did you not see what Stanford did to Washington?  Sarkisian is doing some good things in Washington but they are not ready yet.  It was more of a defensive game, probably due to the atmosphere.  You forgot to mention that in the previous week they played Arizona, which helps explain the 5td's Polk had.

Sounds like you don't really know your own team.
Oregon will stomp the pis outta SC this year  at autzen just like they did last year at the coliseum.
Can't Wait!

neither can I
pimp.gif

bart-scott1-300x225.jpg

Michigan S Marvin Robinson will be arraigned on 2nd Degree home invasion (home owners not at home when he broke in)

Unreal. Never amazes me how stupid college athletes can be. Hope he gets the boot.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I hope JHC goes to Bama.

You heard, huh.. just win baby 
smokin.gif

that gif got me 1 move away from finished tho
2a036e213cb52e82c73e35bf8709914e10669bb8.gif

laugh.gif

@CardChronicleMike Rutherford

Charlie Strong says the release of the Call of Duty video game distracted the team from its Pitt preparation.

Back
Top Bottom