2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

IMO its a combination of both. I see them falling to #10
How far did Oklahoma fall after texas tech?

They're Oklahoma. Stanford plays on the west coast.
It was a serious question though, I think Stanford is 8.

UNM finally won a game!!!!!
Go Lobos
roll.gif

These dudes might be the worst D-1 squad in the nation, haha. 

Originally Posted by Statis22

OU fell to 9 when they lost. Oregon & Stanford might just swap spots.

Rightfully so, would be happy with that. Oregon deserves it over Bama though.

I wanna see the rankings tomorrow but as of now I can't see Oregon passing Alabama if they both win out.

I wanna see the rankings tomorrow but as of now I can't see Oregon passing Alabama if they both win out.

You dont think Oregon would jump them during Championship Week?

If OU wins out they would have beaten 4 top 11 teams.

Schedule would play in OU's favor more than anything.

exactly! OU is playing over oregon in the title game if it comes down to those 2.

and i dont see how Oregon could jump bama durning champship week by beating a dog #*%$ UCLA or ASU team

Andrew Luck = Matty Checkdown. I swear this offense is catered to him, dude almost never throws the ball down field. He is a good game manager but as far as being the best QB prospect since Peyton?? Far from it. I have a feeling it will be Arkansas vs Oregon in the national title game. I think Arkansas beets LSU and Oregon gets the nod over Oklahoma.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Andrew Luck = Matty Checkdown. I swear this offense is catered to him, dude almost never throws the ball down field. He is a good game manager but as far as being the best QB prospect since Peyton?? Far from it. I have a feeling it will be Arkansas vs Oregon in the national title game. I think Arkansas beets LSU and Oregon gets the nod over Oklahoma.

Blame that on the terrible receivers, not him.

In that scenario wouldn't Alabama play for the title then?

How would Oregon keep OU from passing them if OU beats Oklahoma State?

If he is such a good QB then he should be able to work with any receivers he is given.  It isn't like he has the worst receivers either.  You can make all the excuses but fact is the guy is overrated.  He hasn't shown that he has the arm to fit the ball in tight windows, which is what he needs when he is going against faster defenders at the next level.  Plus he gets way to flustered under pressure.  Not trying to say he is going to suck but he is being way overhyped at this point.

In that scenario wouldn't Alabama play for the title then?

How would Oregon keep OU from passing them if OU beats Oklahoma State?

I think it has alot to do with timing, if Arkansas is ranked top 5 this week and beats a #1 LSU they stand to move up higher than Alabama just because the game is later in the year, and since Alabama will still be highly ranked that loss to them won't look so bad.  As for OU you have a good point, I just think that with Oregon going to play an extra game for the Pac-12 title that might put them over the edge while Oklahoma would be sitting at home without a conference championship game.  Both have played equally hard schedules and Oregon lost to a much better opponent.

Both Oregon & Oklahoma's seasons end on the same day. As I said before if OU wins out they would have beaten 4 top 11 teams including the #2 team on the road for the conference championship.

Frankly I'd say at this point the Oklahoma State/OU game is for berth in the national championship against whoever the SEC sends from the West.

If he is such a good QB then he should be able to work with any receivers he is given.  It isn't like he has the worst receivers either.  You can make all the excuses but fact is the guy is overrated.  He hasn't shown that he has the arm to fit the ball in tight windows, which is what he needs when he is going against faster defenders at the next level.  Plus he gets way to flustered under pressure.  Not trying to say he is going to suck but he is being way overhyped at this point.
When you drop 6 passes, is it the QB's fault or the WR's?

Does it taste like chicken?

Dropped passes or not he still made several poor throws and decisions.  The guy doesn't have a prototypical NFL arm.  He doesn't look any better than Bradford, Stafford, Newton when they were in college, actually he looks worse. 

Originally Posted by HankMoody

No point in arguing anymore rght now. Let's just wait and see what Stanford and Ok St do against very good teams. Neither has an impressive win against a real good team yet.

...And then there was one...

Does it taste like chicken?

Dropped passes or not he still made several poor throws and decisions.  The guy doesn't have a prototypical NFL arm.  He doesn't look any better than Bradford, Stafford, Newton when they were in college, actually he looks worse. 
An Oregon State fan trying to look good when we smacked your team. Rooting for your rival? great fan
laugh.gif

You can't just ignore the fact that his receivers ARE terrible. But than again, you based a guy off two games in his collegiate career, you should be a scout or something. Great analysis.
laugh.gif

He doesn't look any better than Bradford, Stafford, Newton when they were in college, actually he looks worse. 

Are you basing this off of one game only?  Andrew Luck has looked every bit as good as the dudes you named over the course of his career at Stanford, in fact better.  He has looked every bit like one of the most pro-ready QBs in a long time.

But it is interesting to see if he is going to be the real deal if put in a system that is different than the one he is in now.  I mean, Harbaugh is an offensive wizard.  I mean, he makes Alex Smith look like a real quarterback after 6 years looking like Ryan Leaf.  Time will tell.....but to say he looks worse than those guys is clearly just based on the emotion of today.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

What I will say though, or dare I say, I think Andrew Luck may be a tad bit overrated at this point. Next coming of Peyton Manning or a "sure thing" moreso than Peyton Manning is wearing me a little thin.

He does a lot of great things and should be good on the next level, but I'm not as sold as everyone else is. Not yet. And I felt even more assured when I heard Sarkisian promote Barkley over Luck, for whatever that's worth.

I'm just sayin'.....What I saw tonight does nothing but feed my own speculation. If he thinks Oregon D is fast, well then...Just wait.

Luck has it in him, but he's no sure thing to me. I still think he does good in the NFL, but something about it him still suggests that the Manning, and sure thing comparisons are too much hype.  

Edit: To his credit is the fact that he doesn't have much help. In the NFL he'll have WR's at his disposable that are every bit of what Stanford's receivers aren't. It'll be fun to see, but I need more.

Chaos
pimp.gif

Obviously if OKST wins out they are in, but if Arky beats LSU because of the round robbin, Bama could actually end up in the SEC Champ game anyway and end up going to New Orleans. More chaos, I want more!

Who else thinks Oklahoma St is similar to Texas Tech a few years back. ...

Blowing teams out and being undefeated for a while.

IMO they'll drop a game soon. Just don't see them winning every game

Back
Top Bottom