2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by airblaster503

He doesn't look any better than Bradford, Stafford, Newton when they were in college, actually he looks worse. 

Are you basing this off of one game only?  Andrew Luck has looked every bit as good as the dudes you named over the course of his career at Stanford, in fact better.  He has looked every bit like one of the most pro-ready QBs in a long time.

But it is interesting to see if he is going to be the real deal if put in a system that is different than the one he is in now.  I mean, Harbaugh is an offensive wizard.  I mean, he makes Alex Smith look like a real quarterback after 6 years looking like Ryan Leaf.  Time will tell.....but to say he looks worse than those guys is clearly just based on the emotion of today.
I have seen plenty of his games over the last several years to make that opinion.  What I am concerned with is what you pointed out in your second paragraph.  He is in a system that he doesn't have to make big time throws, he plays more of a game management roll.  That is all good and everything but when he makes that jump to the next level and is going up against a group up much better and faster defenses he still has a long way to go.  I still stand by my comment though, Cam, Stafford, and Bradford consistently showed they had big time arms in college with the throws they made, Luck, not so much.

Originally Posted by dland24

He doesn't look any better than Bradford, Stafford, Newton when they were in college, actually he looks worse. 

Are you basing this off of one game only?  Andrew Luck has looked every bit as good as the dudes you named over the course of his career at Stanford, in fact better.  He has looked every bit like one of the most pro-ready QBs in a long time.

But it is interesting to see if he is going to be the real deal if put in a system that is different than the one he is in now.  I mean, Harbaugh is an offensive wizard.  I mean, he makes Alex Smith look like a real quarterback after 6 years looking like Ryan Leaf.  Time will tell.....but to say he looks worse than those guys is clearly just based on the emotion of today.
I have seen plenty of his games over the last several years to make that opinion.  What I am concerned with is what you pointed out in your second paragraph.  He is in a system that he doesn't have to make big time throws, he plays more of a game management roll.  That is all good and everything but when he makes that jump to the next level and is going up against a group up much better and faster defenses he still has a long way to go.  I still stand by my comment though, Cam, Stafford, and Bradford consistently showed they had big time arms in college with the throws they made, Luck, not so much.
Ummmmmm........

sick.gif
 @ the thought of Oklahoma beating OSU and going to the Nat'l Championship

Ron Zook is probably going to get the axe.

Illinois looked so bad when they were supposed to be in a hurry up. Walking all around. Not really giving a damn

Jenkins is good but you can tell he is happy the year is almost over.

If Michigan had a true QB they would have been up by 35 quickly.

Denard is just not a QB but he will always get a pass from me because of the games he has kept Michigan in and won for them.

Next 2 games are going to be tough.

Both are more talented than Michigan but hopefully the coaches can put together a gameplan to get this team to 10 wins.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

sick.gif
 @ the thought of Oklahoma beating OSU and going to the Nat'l Championship

My thoughts exactly. I want no part of any scenario that sneaks oklahoma into the championship game.

Bring on the chaos, arky over lsu and georgia to win the sec chip game would make for some good times...

Btw, USC is turning the corner
pimp.gif
all yall are on notice for next year
Now if we can just spoil the ducks season, not holding my breath, especially after what I watched last night but boy that would be nice!

I see the SEC possibly getting 3 in the BCS if we can knock off LSU. We probably can't get into the SEC Championship game, but we could perhaps sneak into the national title even without making it.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

pimp.gif

You ain't lying - I wish they weren't on sanctions this season. USC deserves to be in the inaugural Pac-12 championship game.

Next weekend is going to be crazy.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

I see the SEC possibly getting 3 in the BCS if we can knock off LSU. We probably can't get into the SEC Championship game, but we could perhaps sneak into the national title even without making it.
I didn't think it was possible for a conference to have more than 2 in bcs games. Don't they have a limit?
UGA is winning the SEC so...

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by FeelMode

pimp.gif

You ain't lying - I wish they weren't on sanctions this season. USC deserves to be in the inaugural Pac-12 championship game.

Next weekend is going to be crazy.
Hey Chester,
I'm flying out on Friday, and it's my first time out there. Anywhere that I should eat/drink?

First time to Eugene? Awesome. 
pimp.gif

As far as eating and drinking goes - Turtles, Steelhead Brewery, Hop Valley Brewery, McMenamins, and the Oregon Electric Station are all $$$. LOTS of good seasonal brews out right now.

The Glenwood is the best place to go for a cheap hangover breakfast.
Originally Posted by HankMoody

This is early but happy 40th Chester!
Do I look like CP for First Born to you? 
laugh.gif
I'm turning the big 28.
pimp.gif
Thanks, bro.

Only 2 can get into a BCS game per conference.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Only 2 can get into a BCS game per conference.

That sucks but this is the BCS and that is par for the course. Considering that 2 SEC teams will be in one game, that is even more of an injustice to ARK.

Think it was Brad Edwards that said if LSU got beat in the SECCG that there could be 3.

There is a rule under the current contract that no more than two from the same conference can make it. They might revise it when the deal runs out in 2013 but til then only two out of LSU, Bama, and Arkansas will make it.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

if the title game is LSU/Bama. there could be a 3rd SEC team in the BCS

unless something has changed this year then NO, 3 teams from the same conference can not all go BCS bowling.

the bcs championship game isnt separate, its still part of the equation.

1 of the 3, between arky, lsu. & bama will be in the cotton bowl or whichever bowl gets the 3rd place sec team this year.

If ark were to beat lsu what would be the tie breaker between the 3?

Back
Top Bottom