2011 another great year for college football

Gunna - whatup wit Cordarrelle Patterson? My ppl convinced it's gon be a photo finish...
nerd.gif

Yea Gunna, that was in his Power Rankings this week.

I mean there's no doubt we have a ton of talent. We just aren't getting anything out of that talent at all. I could see us being in the top 10 from a sheer talent standpoint, but 4th just seems ridiculously high.

There are probably 8 NFL guys starting on the offensive side of the ball (Fuller, Swope, Joeckel, Lewis, Ogbuehi, Matthews, Tannehill, Gray) with a couple of more that see playing time (Klinke, Michael). There are probably two sure NFL players on the defensive side (Judie, Jerod-Eddie), with a few more that will probably get invites to training camp (Frederick, Brown, Mathis). I'm not really sure where guys like Moore or Porter would project at this point. Porter might be showing enough to get a look in the later rounds, while Moore hasn't yet shown the NFL-level talent that most thought he had.

I thought the secondary played pretty well against SMU, but I started to have a few worries after that game. Guys just didn't look like they knew what they were supposed to be doing on most plays. It's never really a good thing when you get exposed and start causing concerns while only allowing 250 passing yards against a pass-heavy offense like SMU. I'll be interested to see how this secondary starts playing once we stop playing top 15 passing offenses in the nation.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Gunna - whatup wit Cordarrelle Patterson? My ppl convinced it's gon be a photo finish...
nerd.gif

He will be enrolled in school in knowxville in January

Stefon Diggs' confidence is crazy.

Sounds like we still have a decent shot w/ him.  Blake Countess has been putting in the good word.
pimp.gif

A&M got one corner that couldnt cover himself with a blanket and nobody at LB or safety that can play the slot... DeRuyter been trying to cover slots in this conference and against Arkansas with his linebackers and they've been roasted there...

Judie being hurt didn't help, but Dustin Harris is some $*@# too... That freshman Matthews gonna be a beast at safety though.

Mike Stoops turned AZ from a habitual bottom feeder of the Pac-10 to at least respectable. RIP. Sweet Prince

Honestly I don't think the players got DeRuyter's system down yet. At times you can see them looking over at the sideline trying to get plays and they either late lining up or out of position when the ball is snapped.

Getting fired is good for Stoops and his health. Everytime I see him I get stressed just by how close to a heart attack he looks.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

What Diggs do?
I need Yuri on an OV at that Auburn game!
Diggs speaks a mile a minute and is just swagged the hell out.

Sounds like Yuri is ours to lose.  He's said Michigan is on a different level than everyone else at the moment.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Honestly I don't think the players got DeRuyter's system down yet. At times you can see them looking over at the sideline trying to get plays and they either late lining up or out of position when the ball is snapped.
I think the loss of Hodges was bigger than anybody thought it would be. He had been around DeRuyter's system at Air Force before he walked on at TAMU. He was always relaying plays and telling people where they needed to go and what they needed to do last year. Not having someone like Hodges is hurting us.

DeRuyter's defense is built around primarily stopping the run. So when it becomes an obvious passing down, we're getting killed trying to substitute packages against these hurry-up offenses.

I like the potential of DeRuyter's defense because it seems so complex and seems like it would be tough to adjust against if the players know all of the assignments and where they're supposed to be. But it's kind of tough to get a defense that complex installed in such a short period of time with kids that are taking college courses on top of trying to learn the playbook.

Back
Top Bottom