2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

does his attuide and personality work at ohio state? some fan bases and boosters would have none of the way he acts.
Is this supposed to be a sarcastic jab at my Brian Kelly comments of the past?
nerd.gif

Honestly can't tell.
laugh.gif

I don't think people in Columbus give a damn about that stuff at the end of the day.  They've made it pretty clear that winning is the only thing that really matters (at least to this current administration).

I wouldn't count Pelini out for a second (depending on the sanctions).  Nebraska might be a destination job, but not in his particular situation (just ask Lane Kiffin).

1. Hometown
2. Alma Mater (player)
3. Money
4. Recruiting gold mine of the Midwest
5. He's only 43.

Simply put -  if he's offered the gig, I'd be shocked if he turned it down.  People in Lincoln wouldn't even blame him, plus the Cornhuskers aren't in the Buckeyes division.

all of this tampering needs to stop.

and yes, people in Lincoln would be pissed if Bo left. you don't leave Nebraska for greener pastures. we haven't been much since crouch left, but we are still 4th all time in wins.

and lets not act like money is an issue. we paid callahan to never come back. we can pay Bo top dollar. Husker boosters got old Berkshire Hathaway money

and yes, people in Lincoln would be pissed if Bo left. you don't leave Nebraska for greener pastures.
How are you gonna tell a man he can't go home?
laugh.gif

Ohio State will be the marquee coaching job in the B1G as long as the conference exists.

Personally, I don't really fear Pelini in Lincoln or Columbus.

Urban is a different story.  As consistent as the Buckeyes were under the Vest, he wasn't a killer and I wouldn't consider him a truly elite coach.  He's not the type of dude to have major success anywhere in the country (i.e. w/o his OH connections and the Ohio recruiting base - not even going to touch on what this man was doing behind the scenes
laugh.gif
).

Urban in C-Bus/the B1G w/ his connections in OH and FL is curtains for the NCAA.  %%+% will get real very quick.

* this all depends on how bad Columbus gets hammered, of course.

Man, I rocks with Garcia. I just love the concept of the guy who is a legend and a bum at the same time.

No matter what happens to him during the rest of his life, he'll always have that first half against Alabama. Dude was God for 30 mins.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

How on earth can A&M lead in sacks but have such a horse +*@$ Pass defense?
I asked my friend that exact question on Saturday night after the game. It's crazy to me that we lead the nation in sacks as bad as our pass rush has been so far this year. Our best pass rusher is a LB that drops into coverage on most plays. I just don't really understand how we're getting beat so bad in the air...we have some pretty talented DBs (though injuries have been a slight issue). The ILBs are terrible though, and we've been getting thrashed in the middle of the field (see Wright from Arkansas). Some of DeRuyter's schemes just have been terrible this year.

Relevant notes:
- We've played the #2 (#2 passing), #7 (#6 passing), #23 (#9 passing), and #32 (#12 passing) total offenses in the nation, with a game against #3 (#14 passing) on Saturday
sick.gif

- All of the teams we've played have ranked outside of the top 37 in sacks allowed per game (OSU 38, Tech 45, Arkie 73, SMU 91, Idaho 97). After forcing two interceptions in the first two drives against SMU, we've created one turnover since.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Would Urban be able to pull the top-tier Florida guys to osu like he did at uf?
If Sweater could regularly pull a stud or 2 out of FL, I don't see why Urban couldn't capitalize even more w/ his connections.

Santonio Holmes
Nate Salley
Albert Dukes
Brian Rolle
James Scott
Michael Brewster
Etienne Sabino
Carlos Hyde
Jaamal Berry
Duron Carter
James Louis
Ryan Shazier

...were all either 4 or 5 stars and most of them had offers from 1-2 of the Big 3 in FL.

Besides the home base, FL has been the Buckeyes main recruiting spot for a while.

Beating that SMU squad was no gimme. June Jones has that attack cooking. Esp. When the) (Line) runs it well, which he does every game I've seen him.

RGIII may be a serious test bc he'll be able to avoid a lot of pressure, which seems to be the only way aggies can stop the pass

Looking back at the SMU game, I'm pretty surprised that we only gave up 14 points. DeRuyter must have used a season's worth of adjustments in that game, because we haven't seen any since. Line tore us up in the first 25 minutes of play, then he got just about nothing the rest of the game. I haven't seen defensive adjustments like that since that game.

The good thing for us regarding playing RGIII is that we've been getting to the QB and getting hits on the QB, they've usually just been a step too late. He was kicking our %%% last year, then pretty much gave up once we hit him hard a few times in the second half. I haven't really seen him enough or watched him closely enough this year to see if he's gotten tougher, but if he hasn't, I could see that possibly being a factor.

I'm just hoping Sherman pounds the ball on the ground all day since Baylor's rushing defense isn't very good. I don't really know why I'm hoping for that from Sherman seeing as how he hasn't seemed to grasp the concept of trying to keep our defense off the field yet this season. Tulsa is the only team in the nation that has seen more snaps than TAMU on the defensive side of the ball, so our defense has to be really worn out at this point (they're already incredibly out of shape to begin with). Hopefully Judie will finally be fully healthy so he can defend Kendall Wright.

If Sweater could regularly pull a stud or 2 out of FL, I don't see why Urban couldn't capitalize even more w/ his connections.

Santonio Holmes
Nate Salley
Albert Dukes
Brian Rolle
James Scott
Michael Brewster
Etienne Sabino
Carlos Hyde
Jaamal Berry
Duron Carter
James Louis
Ryan Shazier

...were all either 4 or 5 stars and most of them had offers from 1-2 of the Big 3 in FL.

Besides the home base, FL has been the Buckeyes main recruiting spot for a while.

Hyde is from Cinncinnati that doesn't count.
laugh.gif

And Duron Carter went there because of his father.

Still an impressive list though.

Originally Posted by Statis22

I lean he's turned down Notre Dame twice so I don't think Ohio State would be any exception.

When the school he played at comes knocking? I think that would end differently.

Originally Posted by the coolness

4 » One other tidbit stemming from the Florida-LSU game is a small war
of words that has erupted between Gators sophomore running back Trey Burton and Tigers star cornerback Tyrann Mathieu.
Asked to compare Alabama and LSU after the game, Burton said he would
choose to face the Tigers’ defense again because the secondary was “not
as good as advertised

Santonio Holmes
Nate Salley
Albert Dukes
Brian Rolle
James Scott
Michael Brewster
Etienne Sabino
Carlos Hyde
Jaamal Berry
Duron Carter
James Louis
Ryan Shazier

Yea and thats all they need really with the ohio kids he'd pull.  I think I twisted what you said to pretty much mean that he'd recruit FL kids like he was still at uf.

Mike...u watch that ESPN documentary on agents last night? Some cool inside info, but they focused part of the segment on Josh Luchs (the whistle-blower agent who snitched to SI). He was saying how corrupt the whole agent game is and to prove his point, he drove his S550 up to the UCLA practice fields and walked right up to the  back doors where the players enter/exit. He tried to prove that a dude wearing flashy clothes and driving a nice car isn't even questioned about what he was doing around that part of campus. He took a round about way of getting there...no one even tried to stop him or ask for ID or anything along those lines.  He said that when he was paying off players, he would sit on a bench right outside of the player entrance and introduce himself to guys as they were going to the buildings. No one said %$#!
laugh.gif
Dude was a herb tho...he was coming off w. this holier-than-thou attitude when he was a part of the problem. Now he's paid to go to various forums and speak to panels about his time doing dirt.
30t6p3b.gif
Rat.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Why the hell would an agent be on UCLA's campus for football players?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bo Pelini's comments about Stoops firing are somewhat relevant to the convo you  guys are having:

“I think it’s ridiculous, you know, especially considering what he did with that program, where it was when he took over and where it is now,

Originally Posted by the coolness

4 » One other tidbit stemming from the Florida-LSU game is a small war of words that has erupted between Gators sophomore running back Trey Burton and Tigers star cornerback Tyrann Mathieu. Asked to compare Alabama and LSU after the game, Burton said he would choose to face the Tigers’ defense again because the secondary was “not as good as advertised

Found this blurb from Andy Staples:

In terms of sheer athletic talent, Texas A&M is probably second in the Big 12 behind Oklahoma and fourth in the nation behind LSU, Alabama and Oklahoma.

He must have been high when he wrote that.

Back
Top Bottom