2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

Then what are you saying?
He's saying the Big 12 doesn't play defense which they don't it's not that hard to follow if you have a semblance of reading comprehension.

Whaaaaatttt?!
eek.gif
So if I say the PAC 12touchdownspergame doesn't play defense either, what does that say about Matty Barks', who is favored by those least biased in this thread, or Luck's candidacy? Basically, only SEC or B1G (barely) players should be allowed in NYC (anywhere), right? Oh and this same defense-less Big 12 deserves a slot in the BCS NC game? Oh but that's different...

laugh.gif
I see your point (really I do) and I was going to stay out of this back and forth but I think you're missing what Ironman was saying.

Someone commented on How RG3 had a 9-3 record while playing for a team that was terrible at defense, and he simply replied, but no one in the Big 12 plays defense anyway.  He wasn't using it as an argument against RG3, simply saying that that stat doesn't mean anything when none of the Big 12's teams, all the competition he is facing, is a defensive juggernaut themselves.  He wasn't trying to justify anyone over RG3.  He was just making a tongue in cheek retort to "but Griffin's defense sucked!!"  Honestly?  So did the teams he was playing's.

Then why does Ok St. deserve a shot in the BCS NC game?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Consistency is a virtue.

i dont think he's using the no defense thing as a knock against RG3 though.  more so that you can't use that as a sole justification for considering him as a runaway Heisman winner.

he has trouble considering a 3 loss guy the consensus winner, while everyone else is saying the fact that he ONLY lost 3 games with that defense is astounding.  they're just opposite sides of the same argument.

And if you ask me, OK State deserves the shot because A. Bama didn't win their conference (or even play in the championship game) and OKSt did, and B. already lost to LSU AT HOME.  What would a Bama win prove?  No matter what, the AP won't give Bama the NC over LSU so the whole rematch thing is silly.

This is THE game. Everyone knows that. Over 1 month to prepare. This is it. Bama wins, they are the champs, no questions asked. LSU knows this too, I think.

And Ok St won its conference? The same conference that doesn't play defense. Big whoop.

Consensus? Yea right. If he wins, it will be a plurality. And that goes for any of the finalists.

NCG final score: 0-3 triple overtime

Doesnt the extra time to prepare usually benefit defense way more then offense?

Noah Spence looks like he is the Buckeyes to lose.

He and Washington is a really good DE duo.

Originally Posted by Caerus

#7 deserves to be there. End of discussion.

It's his big play moments that got him there. Sure he's not beat CB on his team, but his TD's against Arkansas & UGA were his Heisman moments.

Momentum changers in both.
sick.gif

edit - Paul Petrino coming back to Arkansas
pimp.gif

They said on Mike and Mike that 9 big 12 coaches voted OK St #2........the only coach that didn't, Mizzou, who is going to the SEC next year, they voted OK St #4. 
laugh.gif

*shrugs*  system we have. 

Should everyone, and I do mean everyone, be rooting for Bama?  Have every team with one loss, and therefore, more chaos?  Ok St could win their game big, and say one loss + winning their conference, LSU, 1 loss + conference, and Alabama, 1 loss, and that's it. 

Or does everyone just want a simple LSU victory, no questions asked, nothing need be argued, they are the best, etc etc? 

There are rumors that Kyle Whittingham reached out to TAMU and asked for an interview.

zs05wc wrote:
Do you think any of the finalist had that "Heisman moment" most of the experts seem to talk about? I would give it to Mathieu if Charles Woodson didn't exist. To me Mathieu seemed to make plays that would give his team that spark they needed especially these last two weeks with the punt returns. RGIII had the comeback against OU but I feel like he should have also done it against KSU earlier this year but didn't.

it's pretty difficult to bring up the not winning your conference arguement when you consider how weak some of the conferences are (see big east.. and a lackluster ACC.. could even include the big 10)

Clemson brought the duffle bag boys to visit Keith Marshall.

Looks like he might be all aboard TeamDabo.

UGA has just offered Mike Davis.

Cardo? U heard anything? I Thought KM was Dawg Lock since last yr

Following up Mike Bellamy a.k.a Sir Smoke-a-lot with Keith Marshall would be a hell of a pull. Cardo, you need to tell Richt and co to get on their jobs.

So Meyer called muschamp to ask if he could speak to the coaches on staff because it was the right thing to do

Muschamp said don't *@%!+#!# me you have called half the people here and told him to %+** off and hung up the phone

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Time to die.
laugh.gif
 nah, we good. Duffle Bag Boys didn't know CMR & Co was gon be walkin thru the door as soon as they left last night. Gon' miss on Blake Jackson tonight tho... hopefully that means OC7 comin back.

Where'd u see we offered Mike Davis tho..? 
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 I dont want that kid.

Originally Posted by Statis22

RGIII missed a whole half against Texas Tech and didn't Baylor didn't miss a beat, so there goes that argument too.

Mathieu clearly had a outstanding season.
Texas Tech is garbage though. That doesn't mean %%+%.
Mathieu clearly had an average season with a ridiculous amount of media hype. lol @ a CB with 2 INTs, 2 punt return TDs, and 2 fumble return TD's having an "outstanding" season. Just stop it. 

So Mizzou did that? %!#* them. They had a hand in ruining my Ok State - LSU NC game...%#!#$++

Back
Top Bottom