2011 another great year for college football

Luck is better than Barkley, try to spin it for me? Please. I wanna hear it.
Griffin won the heisman trophy, the race is over. Luck has been left off the ballot by 33%. This could be the biggest blowout in the heisman since who knows when.
Guy has three losses.. haha

I'm glad Cliff is gone. He was nothing but a distraction to the Ducks. Mitchell, Hill and Ifo will be plenty good next year at corner.

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

3528 yards passing > 3170 yards passing.
39 TDs > 35 TDs.

But Luck did beat Barkley in this category...
9 interceptions > 7 interceptions

Oh, and USC beat the Pac-12 champions and won the South*. Stanford was the 2nd best team in their division.

Anything I left out?

Originally Posted by University of Nike

39 TDs > 35 TDs.

Oh, and USC beat the Pac-12 champions and won the South*. Stanford was the 2nd best team in their division.

Anything I left out?
Genuineness of smile?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yoooo mr derek Dooley better have something up his sleeve bc the only RB commit in this class (Imani Cross) that I really liked was told to look elsewhere

30t6p3b.gif
Come on down to Nashville
pimp.gif

He's coming on an OV

Originally Posted by University of Nike

39 TDs > 35 TDs.

Anything I left out?
You're wink and mug .gif

USC guys being left out for post season awards...

imager.php

Barkley, Woods, Lee, Kalil...no love
30t6p3b.gif

Not surprised Barkley didn't get an invite, sanctions plus not playing in the CCG,  *shrugs*

Not a fan of RGIII winning the Heisman either, call it what you want, great athlete but he plays for 9-3 Baylor.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

USC guys being left out for post season awards...

imager.php

Barkley, Woods, Lee, Kalil...no love
30t6p3b.gif

Not surprised Barkley didn't get an invite, sanctions plus not playing in the CCG,  *shrugs*

Not a fan of RGIII winning the Heisman either, call it what you want, great athlete but he plays for 9-3 Baylor.
You make it seem like 9-3 is a bad record or something.

ooIRON MANoo wrote:

No. Great athlete AND great QB. 

laugh.gif
@ faulting him for 9-3. They wouldn't have even made a bowl game without RGIII. They have the 6th worst defense in the country. #comeonson 

Travesty that ESPN hype has gotten Mathieu in as a Heisman finalist over Barkley. Kid isn't even a top 2 DB on his own team. 
30t6p3b.gif

Writers/media just wanted to put somebody from the #1 team in the county and only undefeated in the picture. That's the only reason he's in there. 
30t6p3b.gif

RG3 deserves the Heisman this year. He was that entire team and had a great season. It was a down year as far as showout season performances and RG3 was the best individual player. More so than Trent, and more so than Monte (who was great, but is going to lose votes because of that unreal O-line and Russellmania.)

That said, let's keep it real. Mathieu is having a great season but does he deserve to be a finalist over Barkley?

And Luck being there is just a joke. Don't even give me the "Stanford beat USC" argument.

So Men in Black zapped yall memories of the USC vs Arizona State game.

2 INTs and a Lost Fumble in a Big Loss

Good thing I put on my shades before I got zapped too

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

So Men in Black zapped yall memories of the USC vs Arizona State game.

2 INTs and a Lost Fumble in a Big Loss

Good thing I put on my shades before I got zapped too

We remember.  And Luck never got the pleasure of seeing Vontaze and that defense.  Matt still outperformed him all year against identical competition otherwise.

What has Andrew done?  Beat USC?  OK, and Matt beat Oregon.  You can't say "well Matt didn't play in the Pac12CG" because neither did Luck.

Trent Dilfer (discussing Heisman finalists with pro potential): "Andrew Luck will be a multiple pro bowl winner, he will be a superbowl winner, and he will go down as one of the best quarterbacks we will see in our generation."

Stuart Scott: "Is he a top 10 to 12 quarterback in the NFL right now?"

Trent Dilfer: "A lot of that is system integration and fit ... but yes I have no problem putting him in the top 10-12 in the league right now."

eek.gif

laugh.gif

OK I get it now.  Luck was crowned before the season even started.

Dilfer had the nerve to say anyone who's cooled on Luck is just doing it to be contrarian.

I'm not hating on Luck.  He's good.  I just feel like my guys were all done dirty in this awards season is all. :shrug

Back
Top Bottom