2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by isu42

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Kansas is so bad that it makes the 5 or 6 solid teams in the Big 12 terrible by default.

laugh.gif

In order of standing:

Kansas State- Feel good story, Bill Snyder has brought this team back to what it was when Bill Snyder ran the team.  Still filling up on cupcakes and beating them.  Solid?
Oklahoma- Exceptional
Oklahoma State - Exceptional
aTm - One of the most talented teams in the country, must be the coaching.  Not elite, but solid.  Those two losses,
30t6p3b.gif
Baylor - That TCU win really propelled them, not that good.  Swiss cheese defense.  Amazing athlete in RGIII.  8-4 finish.
Texas - Mmmm, yeah!
Texas Tech - Offense will always make this team look better than what it is.  Not solid.
Missouri - Looking down the barrel of being 3-5 in two weeks.
Iowa State - Peaked against Iowa, back to doormat status.
Kansas - Arguably the worst team in D1.

I see three solid teams (Oklahoma, Okie State, aTm), not sold on some yet (Kansas State, Baylor), and you can't sell me on the rest.  That's just my opinion though.

laugh.gif
 This was a lot better than I was expecting to read.    

^ my man you should know the Iowa Bowl is always the peak of the cyclones season
I would agree with you in the McCarney era, but I don't believe that under CPR.

I read a tweet paraphrasing, the blue bloods of CFB all knee deep in mediocrity, Ohio State, Texas, Florida, USC, Notre Dame.

Also that Big 12 school will more than likely stop playing Texas A&M after this season.

Douche move but in a way I can get why they would do it.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Dude said CPR like everybody else knows who the hell Iowa State's coach is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's an alumni thing. You wouldn't understandAnd it's fitting because dude is trying to keep western iowa football fans alive

right now the NCG game is almost a toss up (OU OSU Bama LSU) two of those four depending on who wins the head to head games...however the BCS Games should consist of

LSU
Bama
OU
Ok. State
Clemson
Wisco
WVU
Stanford
BSU
Oregon/Neb./Va. Tech (can a 3rd team from a conference be added if one school is in the NCG?)

I'm going to go against my word because of my disdain for Mike Gundy and say Oklahoma State v. Alabama.

I can see one of the Oklahoma's being in the NCG with LSU/Bama.  Wisconsin would be my dark horse.

I read a tweet paraphrasing, the blue bloods of CFB all knee deep in mediocrity, Ohio State, Texas, Florida, USC, Notre Dame.
5-1 w/sanctions mediocre?
smokin.gif

We should've paid the "bag man". 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Alright so we're mid-way through October...

What is your prediction for the National Championship?
Wisconsin vs. LSU/Bama winner. From what I've seen so far, I really do believe Bama and LSU are the most complete teams but rematch ain't happening. I think Okie St. will lose a game that they shouldn't (like they always do) but finally beat Oklahoma this year and go 12-1. Stanford will lose to Oregon and possibly one other team IMO. Boise will go undefeated but it won't matter. Wisconsin hasn't been really tested yet so it's hard to say, but if they get past Mich St (which should be close given how good MSU's d has been) I don't see them losing to OSU, Penn St or Illinois. Clemson will lose to either UNC, GT, or hopefully VT in the ACC championship game
laugh.gif

It could get interesting if LSU beats Bama but then loses to Arkansas and Wisky drops a game. But I feel like if that happens than at least one of Oklahoma/Okie St/Stanford will go undefeated. 

On a side note, the computers really hate Big Ten teams not named Penn State
laugh.gif

Bowl game guesses:

BCS Title Game: 13-0 LSU vs. 13-0 Wisconsin

Orange Bowl: 11-2 VT vs 11-1 West Virginia 

Sugar Bowl: 11-1 Alabama vs. 12-0 Boise St.

Fiesta Bowl: 12-1 Oklahoma St vs. 12-1 Clemson

Rose Bowl: 12-1 Oregon vs. 11-1 Oklahoma ( I don't think there will be another worthy rep. from the Big 10) 

Ronald Powell got left behind because he was showing his $%! to the coaches again and there's a possibility he may transfer?

nerd.gif

Any validity or is it just bs.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ronald Powell got left behind because he was showing his $%! to the coaches again and there's a possibility he may transfer?

nerd.gif

Any validity or is it just bs.
Yeah rumors going around last week that he's contemplating coming back to CA

I would say a straight up trade for Baxter, except Baxter is too slow for Florida's offense and Powell's diva attitude wont fly.

Oregon will lose to Stanford and possibly one other team IMO.
As mediocre as the Big 12 is buns.
I was looking for more of a rebuttal

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Dude said CPR like everybody else knows who the hell Iowa State's coach is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Addict knew who I was talking about since that's who I was talking to.  Laugh at ISU (Iowa State since you need things spelled out), but a fair amount of people know who Paul Rhoads is.

Fair enough I guess since you were talking to former Big 12 brethren.
laugh.gif
I guess the way I am I wouldn't use the acronym CFB to refer to Beamer even if I was talking to a fellow ACC team's fans because people mostly only use that on the particular team's message board or whatever.

I would say a straight up trade for Baxter, except Baxter is too slow for Florida's offense and Powell's diva attitude wont fly.

Oregon will lose to Stanford and possibly one other team IMO.
As mediocre as the Big 12 is buns.
I was looking for more of a rebuttal

Meh defense
Can't get off the field on 3rd down
Awful pass coverage
Meh rushing attack
Spotty coaching.

If I didn't know any better i'd think you guys were a Big 12 team.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
Pac 12 is awful this year.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Meh defense
Can't get off the field on 3rd down
Awful pass coverage
Meh rushing attack
Spotty coaching.

If I didn't know any better i'd think you guys were a Big 12 team.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
Pac 12 is awful this year.
You're telling me things I already know, I was hoping for a Big XII rebuttal since you think it's a solid conference.

Baxter? Who?
Powell who? The only reason people care about this kid is because he's a local kid.  Hasn't done !!*% in Florida.

No rebuttal the analysis was on point but that doesn't equal garbage imo and probably won't in most eyes.

Still a pretty good conference.

Back
Top Bottom