2011 another great year for college football

Depends on the argument.

If it's who you played then aTm deserves it.

If it's who you beat then Washington is a better team.

aTm is more talented, Washingron is a better team.

Don't choke on what I said
wink.gif

Not sure I'm buying that Washington has beaten better teams than TAMU has either...

Washington: Eastern Washington (3-4), Hawaii (3-3), California (3-3), Utah (3-3), Colorado (1-6)

TAMU: SMU (5-1), Idaho (1-6), Texas Tech (4-2), Baylor (4-2)

I think a large majority of people, outside of Pac-12 fans, would say that TAMU's wins are better and that TAMU being ranked ahead of Washington is fully justifiable.

That's the problem. Public perception always kills team in the Pac-10/12..ESPECIALLY teams in the Pacific Northwest. People are thinking this is the same Washington team that USED to be great, but recently had a season where they didn't win a game. That's what people remember.

What they don't know....

Their QB, Keith Price is 2nd in the Nation in TD passes. Top 5 in QB rating with names like Russell Wilson, Luck, Kellen Moore, and RGIII. Despite having such a great passing attack, their running back, Chris Polk, is still one of the best in the Pac-12..Actually he's second only to James who is probably one of the top 3 in the country.

They have one of the most talent freshmen TE's to come along in some time. I meant this kid, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins is an absolute beast...I can go on and on with this team. The one glaring weak spot is their defense...That's the only thing holding me back from saying this Husky team will win the Pac-12.

Washington is a good team, no doubt. But to say the AP poll is a joke based on the fact that Washington is ranked behind TAMU is quite the joke to me.

If Washington beats Stanford next week, then yea, I could see how someone would expect Washington to be ranked ahead of TAMU. That win alone would give Washington a better win than TAMU's combined two wins against top 25 wins. But to this point, two wins against top 25 teams is better than no clear quality wins, and should be treated as such.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Washington is a 20 point dog to Stanford.

$$$$$$ That's all I'm saying. This is probably the last Saturday you'll get great value on a Washington game.

Nothing wrong with discussing rankings but keep in mind we're 7 weeks in.  Whether you're #15 or 25 at this point really doesn't matter.  Go out, win and it'll all get sorted out.
If you lose, who really cares whether you've played good teams or not...especially at this point when you still may have a few more good teams ahead on your schedule.  

You win out and then those "quality" losses will make a difference at the end when comparing to other teams who have a similar record.  You lose a bunch more and you'll only be able to hold onto the fact that you played a tough schedule but couldn't win when it matters.

In case I get any comments, I couldn't care less where my team is ranked right now.  We could end up losing 3 regular season games and it will just be more of the same, "Remember when we were #8 in the country?  That was fun."

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I dont know about you or any other Michigan fan, but I felt some kinda way when  #44 belly to belly slammed Denard Waaaaaaaaay after the ball was releaseed. He knew the ball was released cus he put his hands up to try and block it and he still did that.

I feel like every offensive player should have at least tried to settle up with him. regardless of score, time or reprecussions.
Thats funny. I said the same thing. Doobie Smith (5'6 170lbs) was the closest one there but just sat there and pointed. Do something. A little shove would look better. Team looks soft. Hoke keeps saying they need to get tougher and that is just a little thing. 
Same with Gholston with the punch, trying to break Lewans arm and then punching Lewan. Fight back. Never want a guy like Gholston on my team because I see a big difference between toughness and dirtiness but if he is doing that, there is no coach in America that would blame his player for getting a shot in. 

The 2012 class looks to be some big and mean kids. Hope they can bring some of that to the softees Michigan is littered with right now. 
Newbs if we want to be a tougher team, no more Cougars.  I almost felt bad for Huyge.

Ha. I would say the same about Falcons, but we will never see one at Michigan.
Huyge is one of the Top 5 OL right now with Barnum out. But Huyge is awful. Nobody has played good on the OL this year. I would say that none of them are playing at over 300lbs. 

Hell ddot, if anything rankings smack talk should start now, with the BCS being released. But enjoy that fall from the #8 spot on down the road. It's not fun
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Nothing wrong with discussing rankings but keep in mind we're 7 weeks in.  Whether you're #15 or 25 at this point really doesn't matter.  Go out, win and it'll all get sorted out.
If you lose, who really cares whether you've played good teams or not...especially at this point when you still may have a few more good teams ahead on your schedule.  

You win out and then those "quality" losses will make a difference at the end when comparing to other teams who have a similar record.  You lose a bunch more and you'll only be able to hold onto the fact that you played a tough schedule but couldn't win when it matters.

In case I get any comments, I couldn't care less where my team is ranked right now.  We could end up losing 3 regular season games and it will just be more of the same, "Remember when we were #8 in the country?  That was fun."

Should I start the Clemson Tigers thread?

Originally Posted by Statis22

roll.gif
 I'm not getting gassed over anything we've done so far and it's not like I constantly give updates on Clemson.  I'm happy about it but it really doesn't mean anything to me, to be completely honest.  I definitely didn't think we'd be in this position.  Someone needs to start a Stanford thread at this point though and find a way to lock this child out of here.
And tmay, I hadn't turned on the BCS countdown yet.  I guess you can say it matters now but my feelings are the same.  There's a lot of football left.  Obviously out of LSU/Bama & Oklahoma/OSU, two of those teams are gonna have at least one regular season loss.  Most of these teams are gonna lose at least a game and there's still conference championships too.  I'm sure we will fall...so it goes.

Originally Posted by trunks206

^ we will beat Stanford next week thats all that matters.

#22 baby!
57616613968069c4526530034b31e0485657112f.gif
Feels good to be ranked again, don't care where
57616613968069c4526530034b31e0485657112f.gif

I just hope Holt and the boys have the game of their lives next week because the offense will get theirs no doubt

Originally Posted by Statis22

I'll be in there like swimwear.

SAMMMM-AAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Someone needs to start a Stanford thread at this point though and find a way to lock this child out of here.

6341666ba547cda7064f7088d2ff0a240587a2b1_r.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Quick. Somebody tell me how many HOFers that Gonzaga has...

LMAOOOOOJAAJAJSJBAHSHAHSHEHEJKDRNRDLO GET OUTTA HERE
laugh.gif
:Rollin No one else understands or gets it. Only old school sports NTers

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Newbs if we want to be a tougher team, no more Cougars.  I almost felt bad for Huyge.

Ha. I would say the same about Falcons, but we will never see one at Michigan.
Huyge is one of the Top 5 OL right now with Barnum out. But Huyge is awful. Nobody has played good on the OL this year. I would say that none of them are playing at over 300lbs. 
I would guess that the only OL over 300 lbs is Chris Bryant, who is obviously not ready to play.  Idk, maybe when Barnum comes back put Schoefield on the right side somewhere. 

Back
Top Bottom