2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by DLo13

Quick. Somebody tell me how many HOFers that Gonzaga has...

LMAOOOOOJAAJAJSJBAHSHAHSHEHEJKDRNRDLO GET OUTTA HERE
laugh.gif
:Rollin No one else understands or gets it. Only old school sports NTers

took me a min 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

From the A&M game against Baylor Saturday... 
laugh.gif

Don't know, aTm riding the cottails of a lofty pre-season ranking.  They choked against Okie State and Arkansas to the point that some were dreading a second half collapse against Baylor.

Washington has beat everyone on their slate and lost a poorly called game against Nebraska in Lincoln.  There's an argument either way, but that is conference perception and that is with the Big XII being garbage, they still get love.  Pac 12 didn't help itself in OOC games.

Doesn't matter, it's fun to talk about though.

http://andrewluck.niketalk.yuku.com/

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

Don't know, aTm riding the cottails of a lofty pre-season ranking.  They choked against Okie State and Arkansas to the point that some were dreading a second half collapse against Baylor.

Washington has beat everyone on their slate and lost a poorly called game against Nebraska in Lincoln.  There's an argument either way, but that is conference perception and that is with the Big XII being garbage, they still get love.  Pac 12 didn't help itself in OOC games.

This dude
laugh.gif

I think you should just be glad someone is passionate about Stanford in this country. Clemson has played a tougher schedule, sure, but how do you jump a team that has constantly pounded every team its played so far? That's what doesn't make sense to me. Being homer aside, so frustrating. We will go undefeated and get left out.

We were in a perfect position to blow out two top 10 teams. Losing even one of those is unbelievable, but losing both was just inexcusable.

We're two blown halves of football away from being a top 5 team. I still get pissed thinking about those games.

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

laugh.gif

This dude
laugh.gif
I think you should just be glad someone is passionate about Stanford in this country. Clemson has played a tougher schedule, sure, but how do you jump a team that has constantly pounded every team its played so far? That's what doesn't make sense to me. Being homer aside, so frustrating. We will go undefeated and get left out.

It's not that Stanford isn't a good team, but there are quite a few teams out there that could have blown out Wash St, Colorado, Arizona, UCLA, Duke, and San Jose State. Clemson's games against cupcakes were closer than they should have been, but they have a good bit of young guys who are first year starters with a new OC. And they've come on strong since then. Now I personally think Stanford would beat Clemson pretty easily, but given that SOS and the computers come into play in these rankings it makes sense that Clemson beating 3 ranked teams would put them above Stanford, until Stanford plays and beats some quality opponents. 

But the Big 12 isn't garbage though. A&M loat both those games by less than a TD combined.
Outside of the Oklahoma's...

Big XII is buns.

175564d1309496011-animated-gif-thread-nph-shrug.gif

Spoiler [+]
aTm is talented, but they are still coached by Mike Sherman.

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

laugh.gif

This dude
laugh.gif

There's a difference between being passionate and being a blind homer.  
I hadn't paid any attention to you until someone (Gunna or Dre?) made a comment about Dwayne Allen being better than Orson Charles and maybe the best TE in the country and you wrote something about Stanford's TEs being better.  I didn't even respond despite listening to commentators in the last 5 games say that Dwayne is the best, it's not like I'm gonna wave a flag around saying that.  But I'm not gonna compare them because I haven't seen much of Stanford's TEs.  Have you watched enough of Dwayne Allen to say that definitively though?  If you're gonna be honest and objective, I have a feeling the answer is No.  The problem is, I doubt anyone on here see it as you just being passionate but that you ARE just a homer and an annoying one at that.  When you want to politic for your team, players or coaches on here, nobody's really gonna take you seriously when you spout @$%! off.  

I'm not even sure why I responded, I'm bored on a Sunday night.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Explain how the conference is buns if you don't mind.
You want me to run through your entire conference?
laugh.gif

First of all, I think parity has put it's ugly stamp on every conference this year.  I don't think the SEC is as strong as in years past, with the exception being the two NFL defenses lining up for Bama and LSU.

I don't think the SEC is particularly strong this year either but saying the Big 12 is garbage is a pretty strong statement.

I just wanted to know why you thought that way.

Allen is a heckuva tight end, thats for sure, his game against Auburn was one that really caught my eye. The reason Fleener is so good is because he is 6'6 and runs around a 4.5. He spreads the field, catches, and blocks. Not saying Allen doesn't do that, but they are two different tight ends.

What the %#%% is wrong with NT? Why won't my post go through? Let's try again:

Stanford's TE's are very very good and a huge part of their gameplan. Ertz and Fleener are usually a huge mismatch and they killed us in the Orange Bowl (although a lot of that was self-inflicted w/ undisciplined bites on play action). However, Bud Foster said before our game against Clemson this year that he thought Allen was the best player in the whole ACC. It's rare that somebody with Foster's credentials would call a tight end the best player in the conference, so you know he's pretty damn good.

Sidenote I really want a rematch with Clemson in the ACC CG. I think we could do a lot better than 3 points the second time around.

L-Train in the last two games: 40-57, 590 YDS, 5 TD. 58 YDS rushing, 4 TD.

Kansas is so bad that it makes the 5 or 6 solid teams in the Big 12 terrible by default.

laugh.gif

In order of standing:

Kansas State- Feel good story, Bill Snyder has brought this team back to what it was when Bill Snyder ran the team.  Still filling up on cupcakes and beating them.  Solid?
Oklahoma- Exceptional
Oklahoma State - Exceptional
aTm - One of the most talented teams in the country, must be the coaching.  Not elite, but solid.  Those two losses,
30t6p3b.gif
Baylor - That TCU win really propelled them, not that good.  Swiss cheese defense.  Amazing athlete in RGIII.  8-4 finish.
Texas - Mmmm, yeah!
Texas Tech - Offense will always make this team look better than what it is.  Not solid.
Missouri - Looking down the barrel of being 3-5 in two weeks.
Iowa State - Peaked against Iowa, back to doormat status.
Kansas - Arguably the worst team in D1.

I see three solid teams (Oklahoma, Okie State, aTm), not sold on some yet (Kansas State, Baylor), and you can't sell me on the rest.  That's just my opinion though.

Baylor's defense automatically makes them irrelevant in my eyes, even with RG3.  Absolutely pathetic how porous they are.

I would love to see Ok. St. play Stanford.  I think that would be a great game.

Bama and LSU are in a league of their own.  Oklahoma could be in their league on their best day.

Stanford, Wisconsin, Boise, and OK.ST. are the next best.

After that , a lot of mediocrity.  If Clemson were as good as people are thinking, there is no way they get that far down to Maryland the other night.  I believe Temple thumped Maryland if not I am not mistaken.

Wouldn't shock me to see Wisconsin struggle at either MSU or OSU, and I am a huge Wisconsin fan.  Those places are never easy to play at.

Would be shocked to see Oregon win vs. Stanford.  Washington may hang for a quarter or two with Stanford but Stanford still probably wins by 2 TDs or so.  Washington probably isn't too far off from competing with Oregon and may be second best in PAC-12.

To cap it off, If Ok. St. finds a way to beat OU, wouldn't surprise me one bit to see OK.St. vs LSU in the nat. championship.  Stanford somehow will get left out. 

Kansas is so bad that it makes the 5 or 6 solid teams in the Big 12 terrible by default.

laugh.gif

In order of standing:

Kansas State- Feel good story, Bill Snyder has brought this team back to what it was when Bill Snyder ran the team.  Still filling up on cupcakes and beating them.  Solid?
Oklahoma- Exceptional
aTm - One of the most talented teams in the country, must be the coaching.  Not elite, but solid.  Those two losses,
30t6p3b.gif
Baylor - That TCU win really propelled them, not that good.  Swiss cheese defense.  Amazing athlete in RGIII.  8-4 finish.
Texas - Mmmm, yeah!
Texas Tech - Offense will always make this team look better than what it is.  Not solid.

I see three solid teams (Oklahoma, Okie State, aTm), not sold on some yet (Kansas State, Baylor), and you can't sell me on the rest.  That's just my opinion though.

laugh.gif
 This was a lot better than I was expecting to read.    

Originally Posted by isu42

laugh.gif

In order of standing:

Oklahoma- Exceptional
30t6p3b.gif
Texas - Mmmm, yeah!

laugh.gif
 This was a lot better than I was expecting to read.    

^ my man you should know the Iowa Bowl is always the peak of the cyclones season

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Arik Armstead decommits from SC. Family isn't happy that USC doctors won't clear Armond to play.
Could mean nothing, could mean everything.

Armstead's definitely pissed that Armond hasn't been cleared yet.

Back
Top Bottom