2011 another great year for college football

Damn man, that's my guy 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Awful, and I totally disagree with blaster.
That's 3 TD game to begin the 4th. That's not an insurmountable lead.
After what I've seen from my team that past two weeks, I'll never feel comfortable with any kind of lead in the second half
30t6p3b.gif

Hope LaMike's alright...that was tough to see.

Oregon fans saying it's just hyper extended... Please. Anyways hope he recovers. Good rb.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Not going to lie, I don't even feel bad for the dude. He was in pain earlier in the game and your team was blowing Cal out, no reason you or the coach should have you in that game at that point. Chip Kelly is a @$#+*!+ idiot, quit worrying about padding stats and make better personnel decisions.

You know who is a +@!@!*! idiot?

The guy who says he doesn't feel bad when a player gets injured.
pimp.gif

Guy has stones. He popped it back in on the field.

Let's hope he's alright and heals quickly. He's one of the best players in CFB and is just fun to watch.

Get better LaMike
pimp.gif

LaMichael was obviously feeling boosted off those pain meds in the presser
laugh.gif

I seriously thought the phrase "make your stomach turn" was just a saying...

My !*!@ was just making noise for like 10 seconds.
laugh.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This Denard skeezer can't be serious.
tired.gif

[article=""]
Janoris Jenkins back on Big Board

The Florida transfer makes his first appearance on the Big Board; Richardson moves up

By Mel Kiper
ESPN Insider
Archive
Going into the 2010 season, Florida cornerback Janoris Jenkins was one of the top cover corners in college football and a guy I thought was a likely future first-round pick. He showed great instincts for the position and ideal quickness, and he also was a force in the return game. But after a brilliant sophomore year, he dipped some on my board last year with mixed play, then got himself in some trouble and needed a fresh start. He's since landed with Terry Bowden at North Alabama at the Division II level, and I'm pleased to see he's playing well and showing off the skill set that had him on my radar as far back as early in his freshman season in Gainesville.
Also jumping several spots is Bama's Trent Richardson, who looks as confident and powerful as I've ever seen him. He's the rare running back who might merit a pick safely inside the top 10 when he decides to head to the next level. Read on and let me know who you think should be higher. As always, juniors and draft-eligible sophomores are noted with an asterisk.

24.gif

Andrew Luck *

DOB: 9/12/89
HT: 6-4
WT: 235
POS: QB

Comp 80
Att 112
Pct 71.4
Yds 1,013
TD 11
Int 1

He's coming off another smooth performance in which he even made a great catch. He's the total package. Arm strength, size, smarts, demeanor. Not many deep throws this year so far, though.
LAST WEEK: 1 | PLAYER CARD

153.gif

Quinton Coples

DOB: 6/22/90
HT: 6-6
WT: 285
POS: DE

Tkl 16
Sack 3.0
Int 0

Notched a sack after being stuck for a few weeks. He's on a good pace if you combine this year and last. He's a gifted pass-rusher suited to be a pure 4-3 defensive end at the next level.
LAST WEEK: 2 | PLAYER CARD

30.gif

Matt Kalil *

DOB: 7/6/89
HT: 6-7
WT: 295
POS: OT

GP 5
GS 5

Coming off a nice game; Kalil has the size, athleticism, footwork and bloodlines. He projects as a blindside tackle. Unfortunately, beyond him, the USC offensive line has looked really inexperienced so far this season.
LAST WEEK: 3 | PLAYER CARD

201.gif

Landry Jones *

DOB: 4/22/89
WT: 229

Comp 111
Att 155
Pct 71.6
Yds 1,447
TD 10
Int 5

Jones has been a big number producer, and I like the way he's battled in some tough games so far in 2011. He has good size and a strong arm and has improved his accuracy. Showcase game this week.
LAST WEEK: 4 | PLAYER CARD

197.gif

Justin Blackmon *

DOB: 1/9/90
POS: WR

Rec 38
Yds 450
Avg 11.8
TD 4

A better prospect than recent OSU star Dez Bryant. Versatile and explosive and really works to get open. Great ball skills; breaks tackles. Exceptional work ethic; just keeps getting better.
LAST WEEK: 5 | PLAYER CARD

24.gif

Jonathan Martin *

DOB: 7/6/89
WT: 304

GP 5
GS 5

In the spotlight as the guy protecting the back of the likely No. 1 overall pick, Martin is more an athlete now than a run-blocker. Great feet for the left side, however, and not lacking power.
LAST WEEK: 8 | PLAYER CARD

333.gif

Trent Richardson *

DOB: 7/10/91
HT: 5-11
WT: 224
POS: RB

Car 96
Yds 622
Avg 6.5
TD 10

Play has picked up after a slow start to 2011; he's at his highest point yet here. Developing consistency and improving in reading blocks while using better pad level. Powerful through the hole; bounces off tackles with ease.
LAST WEEK: 8 | PLAYER CARD

2294.gif

Riley Reiff *

DOB: 12/1/88
WT: 300

GP 5
GS 5

Reiff has been solid so far in 2011 and has probably the best tape of any left tackle so far. Durable, he has played from day one at Iowa. Gets under the pads of defenders very effectively. Complete player.
LAST WEEK: 7 | PLAYER CARD

2579.gif

Alshon Jeffery *

DOB: 2/14/90
POS: WR

Rec 19
Yds 332
Avg 17.5
TD 2

An imposing presence, he's a matchup nightmare. Phenomenal hands, surprising burst for a long strider -- not quick, but doesn't get run down from behind. Big wideouts in the NFL are the rage; Jeffery benefits.
LAST WEEK: 9 | PLAYER CARD

30.gif

Matt Barkley *

DOB: 9/8/90
HT: 6-2
WT: 220

Comp 133
Att 188
Pct 70.7
Yds 1,587
TD 14
Int 4

I like his overall accuracy, and he had a nice bounce-back game this week. He has shown a great growth curve in his three years, and throws a nice ball, particularly on the move. Good, not great, arm.
LAST WEEK: 10 | PLAYER CARD

9.gif

Vontaze Burfict *

DOB: 9/24/90
HT: 6-3
WT: 250
POS: LB

Tkl 24
Sack 4.0
Int 1

Burfict has great instincts, makes plays sideline to sideline and is far more disciplined than he gets credit for. Has a ton of experience and will draw comparisons to many of the elite middle linebackers.
LAST WEEK: 11 | PLAYER CARD

99.gif

Morris Claiborne *

DOB: 2/7/90
HT: 6-1
WT: 185
POS: CB

Tkl 22
Sack 0
Int 2

Great so far in 2011, he's jumped more than any corner. There's no way around it. He's just an exceptional pure cover corner with impeccable instincts at the position. He's not a total burner but should run well.
LAST WEEK: 13 | PLAYER CARD

87.gif

Manti Te'o *

DOB: 1/26/91
WT: 255

Tkl 44
Sack 3.0
Int 0

Te'o has risen this year and is challenging Burfict for top interior linebacker. He's making a ton of tackles in the middle of the field but with range to the sideline, and he has added blitzing skills. A rugged player with ideal size.
LAST WEEK: 12 | PLAYER CARD

103.gif

Luke Kuechly *

DOB: %+%+/91
WT: 237

Tkl 83
Sack 0.0
Int 1

Kuechly has been good amid a disappointing season for the team. A dependable tackling machine, he makes great reads, sees the play develop and sheds blockers well. Has limited range but exceptional instincts.
LAST WEEK: 15 | PLAYER CARD

228.gif

Brandon Thompson

DOB: 10/19/89
WT: 310
POS: DT

Tkl 20
Sack 1.0
Int 0

Has been consistent as Clemson has gotten off to an exciting start. Scheme-versatile, Thompson might not get the sacks but will pile up tackles for loss. Balances plugging running lanes with decent skills as a penetrator.
LAST WEEK: 16 | PLAYER CARD

127.gif

Jerel Worthy *

DOB: 4/28/90
WT: 310

Tkl 10
Sack 2.0
Int 0

Jumps after dominant week in Columbus. Disruptive defensive tackle in a class that's a little shallower, and that could benefit him. Has good size and is tough to move -- just needs to bring it consistently.
LAST WEEK: 21 | PLAYER CARD

201.gif

Ronnell Lewis *

DOB: 1/1/89
WT: 244

Tkl 27
Sack 1.5
Int 0

Lewis is getting a lot of blocking attention, but he certainly could show more. A defensive end at Oklahoma, he'll take his elite athleticism to outside linebacker at the next level. Too quick for many tackles, he should pile up sacks in a 3-4 scheme.
LAST WEEK: 17 | PLAYER CARD

158.gif

Jared Crick

DOB: 8/21/89
WT: 285

Tkl 19
Sack 1.0
Int 0

Hit a speed bump last week in Madison. A potential top-40 pick in 2011, he's the J.J. Watt of this class and should be a good fit as a 3-4 defensive end.
LAST WEEK: 14 | PLAYER CARD

61.gif

Cordy Glenn

DOB: 9/18/89
HT: 6-5
WT: 348
POS: T/G

GP 5
GS 5

Really experienced player who has lined up everywhere for the Bulldogs. Glenn is massive and athletic enough for tackle, but I can see him being moved inside as a potentially dominant guard.
LAST WEEK: 19 | PLAYER CARD

333.gif

Courtney Upshaw

DOB: 12/13/89
WT: 265

Tkl 16
Sack 1.5
Int 1

Another great week. He should convert to 3-4 outside linebacker at the next level. Great leverage player who uses hands well and battles well against the run. I continue to use the LaMarr Woodley comparison.
LAST WEEK: 24 | PLAYER CARD

UNAlogo.png

Janoris Jenkins

DOB: 10/29/88
HT: 5-10
WT: 177

Tkl 33
Sack 0
Int 0

Quick as a cat with fluid hips and very good instincts for the position. He's a man among boys now at the Division II level with 4.4-second 40 speed. Has been dynamic as a punt returner this year.
LAST WEEK: NR | PLAYER CARD

277.gif

Bruce Irvin

DOB: 11/1/89
WT: 245

Tkl 17
Sack 1.0
Int 0

Among national leaders in sacks in 2010 with 14.0, Irvin is explosive up the field and has decent countermoves. He's also seeing more attention. Fits as a 3-4 OLB at the next level.
LAST WEEK: 22 | PLAYER CARD

333.gif

Dre Kirkpatrick *

DOB: 10/26/89
WT: 192

Tkl 12
Sack 0
Int 0

A big, physical corner, he has long arms and strong hands. Also has great length for the position. Solid in run support but must work on turning his head in coverage. Solid week at Florida.
LAST WEEK: 18 | PLAYER CARD

52.gif

Brandon Jenkins *

DOB: 2/9/90
WT: 265
POS: DE

Tkl 16
Sack 2.0
Int 0

Hasn't dominated as he did in 2010, but the talent is there if he can put it together consistently. Explosive, he's an ideally sized 4-3 defensive end at the next level. Piled up sack totals in 2010.
LAST WEEK: 20 | PLAYER CARD
2579.gif

Stephon Gilmore *

DOB: 9/19/90
HT: 6-1
WT: 193

Tkl 26
Sack 0
Int 1
Another SEC corner with good size, Gilmore has played well against some top competition. Well-schooled, he has a chance to move up my board this season.
LAST WEEK: 25 | PLAYER CARD

[/article]

Tessitore's weekly heisman poll of voters

Continues to have Luck in 1st (he's played No one to be thought of as the leader)

Matthieu has picked up 13% of pollsters 1st place votes.

RGIII holds steady at 2nd

Mr. 407 moved up to 3rd and kellen moore has been bounced to 5th

CLK thinking of removing Farrmers redshirt and using him against Cal 
smokin.gif

Soma Vainuku (Rey's cousin) looking good at MLB, wont see game action this year though.

Cal got destroyed.

watching that LMJ injury last night sucked, hope he comes back quick, love him as a Duck.

And Lasting till the 3rd round...what? Isn't he/ wasn't he a 1st rd projection prior to the injury?

Originally Posted by University of Nike

LMJ is going to the Bucs in the third round. 
pimp.gif

This. Blount was petitioning for them to draft him this past year if he came out. WalterFootball has him going to the Bucs in the third round too.

Back
Top Bottom