2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by HankMoody

^Clemson dude? Maybe. That would be a crazy trajectory if he landed a big job.

Never read into this but what's the deal with Malzahn? He's comfortable as an OC?
Isnt Malzahn the highest paid assistant in the world lol 

The real question with Morris is if he wants a HC job. He will definitely get offers, but does he want to be a HC? Or will he back out @ the last minute like Gus? Slick Rick is as good as gone.

laugh.gif
@ Edsall focusing on out of state kids when he has dudes like Diggs, Goldman, Levenberry, etc right in his backyard. Keep up the good job coach
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

Have you seen how many sick 2013 MD/DC/VA kids there are ?
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

somewhere Fridge is Bankhead Bouncing like Chris Herren

30t6p3b.gif
He's got schools like Dematha/Good Counsel/etc in his back yard....but nah....let's look out of state
laugh.gif
There is so much #@+%@@* football talent in the DMV that it isn't even funny.

His ego is out of control...type of guy who would rather do things HIS way than do what's best for the program. The sooner the school either cuts ties with the AD (Kevin Anderson) or Edsall, the better off they'll be.

*On top of it all, who the hell would WANT to play at UMD under him? Trust me....there will be people in these kids' ears telling them horror stories about how things are being run in College Park.

None of the top MD kids want to waste their careers at UMD anyway. HIm deciding to go after them won't change that, he knows.
laugh.gif

The good ones all head to Penn State, VT, or somewhere in the southeast.

Morris could def. be gone after this year. I was reading one of the Clemson sports magazines and it talk about Morris almost taking another job after he told Dabo he was coming here.

Idk if Ole Miss fans think they should be playing for the title every year but competing should always be a must and right now they can't do that.

I know a lot of folks said Kansas didn't have talent last but I also pointed out how poof of a job Turner Gill was doing. He's awful.

Eric Bieniemy isn't off to the hottest of starts either. Colorado is a total rebuilding project.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

None of the top MD kids want to waste their careers at UMD anyway. HIm deciding to go after them won't change that, he knows.
laugh.gif

The good ones all head to Penn State, VT, or somewhere in the southeast.

There's even a pipeline of kids from the DC area who go to Illinois.  UMD is SO far down on the list of schools that area kids would like to attend.  Relationships with these high schools have to be repaired.  Mike Leach would have sparked PLENTY of interest....again, who would want to play for Edsall? 

Ya embree is the hc.

Not sure if Morris gets a HC job so quick tho... And Gus only said no to been a head coach because it was wack *#$ vandy.

How is Todd Graham's offense at Pitt and is Tulsa still a high power offense? U see Morris and Gus are machines coming from there

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by zs05wc

James Ross said he's up to 225. He was tweeting to Devin Funchess.

Saw him play the first game of the year, looked like 205lbs MAX. 
Not overly impressive physically, but is a hell of a football player. Tackles anything he touches and with good pop.

Love the LBs that Michigan is bringing in, because the ones they have now are pretty crappy. 

Hope Antonio Poole can get to 230lbs by next fall because I could see him as a starting WILL

Yea I was at that game too but it doesn't mean he couldnt have put on the weight. Sounds like Funchess is trying to get up to 220 before he gets to UofM. I completely forgot about Antonio Poole. I just hope Chris Bryant is gonna be ready next year OL is gonna need depth.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

James Ross said he's up to 225. He was tweeting to Devin Funchess.

Saw him play the first game of the year, looked like 205lbs MAX. 
Not overly impressive physically, but is a hell of a football player. Tackles anything he touches and with good pop.

Love the LBs that Michigan is bringing in, because the ones they have now are pretty crappy. 

Hope Antonio Poole can get to 230lbs by next fall because I could see him as a starting WILL

Yea I was at that game too but it doesn't mean he couldnt have put on the weight. Sounds like Funchess is trying to get up to 220 before he gets to UofM. I completely forgot about Antonio Poole. I just hope Chris Bryant is gonna be ready next year OL is gonna need depth.

He was listed at 215lbs. Putting on a legit 10lbs DURING the season is quite a task.
 He is going to need it tho. He sheds blocks well but not blocks of 300+ big ten hillbilly OL. 

Funchess looked bigger than his billed 205lbs. He is a long kid but I would be a little disappointed if he were only 220lbs. 

Bienemy is OC.

Kliff Kingsbury might be a Hot name soon, at least for OC

**edit

Golden Al getting a contract extension.

You're right Embree is the coach, I always seem to get them confused.

Tulsa is still okay offensively (not nearly as efficient with Graham) while Pitt is towards the bottom half in the country in offense. (personnel maybe?). Tulsa is still a good team though.

laugh.gif
@ Edsall but I can't fault him for it. IMO if he does that it's probably because he'll be forced to because all the in state kids know how terrible that program is, not a lack of talent. Just in the recent recruiting cycles there are kids like Diggs, Cyrus Jones, Wes Brown, Kendall Fuller, Stefon Colbert, Darius Jennings, Jelani Jenkins, Tavon Austin etc etc. Winning is part of it, but in the case of Jennings and Phelps MD lost them to UVA. A lot of kids don't wanna stay local and since MD wasn't at all successful when they were growing up they don't really have much loyalty to them at all. Hell, kids from that area had a better chance of playing for Locksley at New Mexico than the Terps
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Tulsa is still okay offensively (not nearly as efficient with Graham) while Pitt is towards the bottom half in the country in offense. (personnel maybe?). Tulsa is still a good team though.

Sunseri, cant win with him. Cant do it !

Question: If this BAMA/LSU game ends up as good as its being hyped up to be will we see a rematch in the Championship game?? Especially if Cowboys & Stanford lose??

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Statis22

Sunseri, cant win with him. Cant do it !

If only this was EA
nerd.gif

Multiple BCS championship game MVP's/ Heisman
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif
@ Edsall but I can't fault him for it. IMO if he does that it's probably because he'll be forced to because all the in state kids know how terrible that program is, not a lack of talent. Just in the recent recruiting cycles there are kids like Diggs, Cyrus Jones, Wes Brown, Kendall Fuller, Stefon Colbert, Darius Jennings, Jelani Jenkins, Tavon Austin etc etc. Winning is part of it, but in the case of Jennings and Phelps MD lost them to UVA. A lot of kids don't wanna stay local and since MD wasn't at all successful when they were growing up they don't really have much loyalty to them at all. Hell, kids from that area had a better chance of playing for Locksley at New Mexico than the Terps
laugh.gif

I agree with what you're saying....and they're trying to fix things with the big UA push and make the facilites/unis appealing to recruits.  Trying their hardest to become like Oregon of the East coast with the UA connection (and ya...they got a looooong way to go).  But it's a start.  Where they messed up was with the hire of Edsall.  Would things have been that bad had Fridge stayed on?  With him being fired, everyone thought Leach would have been the guy.  Who knows...maybe Edsall will get things turned around.  Personally, I don't see it happening as I believe he'll get the ax within the next 2 years. 

Originally Posted by henz0

Question: If this BAMA/LSU game ends up as good as its being hyped up to be will we see a rematch in the Championship game?? Especially if Cowboys & Stanford lose??

No one wanted a rematch of Michigan/osu so we wouldn't get a rematch of this game
laugh.gif
. Jk. But if ok state and Standford both lost wouldnt that mean Boise would be in the title game? Or would a 1 loss team beat them out?

Originally Posted by henz0

No one wanted a rematch of Michigan/osu so we wouldn't get a rematch of this game
laugh.gif
. Jk. But if ok state and Standford both lost wouldnt that mean Boise would be in the title game? Or would a 1 loss team beat them out?
I'd wanna see what Kellen can do against Bama or LSU, but I think we'd get a rematch
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom