2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by Statis22

The Big Ten would take OU if the didn't have to take Oklahoma State with them.

that would be 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Texas wants no part of the SEC.
I read this with an undertone of fear on the part of Texas so forgive me if I misconstrued your intent. Texas does not desire inclusion in the SEC because the SEC, though they play phenomenal football, pretty much neglects their academics. Texas is as much an academic institution as it is a football haven. I don't mean to disrespect the alums of the schools so forgive me, but the SEC's academics are nowhere near their football prowess. Texas is a two-headed monster in that regard, and that is why we have such significant bargaining leverage. Not only do we bring a nationwide fanbase, but we also increase the academic integrity of a conference instantaneously. And I'm not saying this to gloat. I know there are enough obnoxious Texas fans out there so theres no need for me to contribute.

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Texas wants no part of the SEC.
I read this with an undertone of fear on the part of Texas so forgive me if I misconstrued your intent. Texas does not desire inclusion in the SEC because the SEC, though they play phenomenal football, pretty much neglects their academics. Texas is as much an academic institution as it is a football haven. I don't mean to disrespect the alums of the schools so forgive me, but the SEC's academics are nowhere near their football prowess. Texas is a two-headed monster in that regard, and that is why we have such significant bargaining leverage. Not only do we bring a nationwide fanbase, but we also increase the academic integrity of a conference instantaneously. And I'm not saying this to gloat. I know there are enough obnoxious Texas fans out there so theres no need for me to contribute.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Big XII linchpin?
The Big 12 is poised to replace commissioner Dan Beebe with former Big Eight commissioner Chuck Neinas, CBSSports.com has learned.

One highly placed source said the conference was moving quickly to replace Beebe who had been under fire from some conference members after recent instability within the league. Neinas, currently a well-known college consultant, is expected to be named interim commissioner. 

The official word could come as soon as Thursday when the Big 12 presidents meet by conference call to discuss how to move forward. Based on the news of Wednesday, the embattled league apparently will continue with nine schools while seeking additional members.

The Tulsa World reported Wednesday that the Big 12 had "targeted" Neinas, one of the most respected college figures in the country. Neinas was the assistant executive director of the NCAA from 1961-1971 and Big Eight commissioner from 1971-1980. He currently runs Neinas Sports Services. 

Oklahoma and Texas are seemingly in the Big 12 fold after flirting with the Pac-12 for what seems like forever. Essentially, the Big 12 has taken a trip around the world the last few weeks and ended up in the exact same place -- without Texas A&M.
f47158e17aee4103cc6194eb58423cd27c7b7a4.gif

Yup, Neinas in as commissioner. Looking like Cincy, UL, WVU and USF will get invites after BYU and that'll bring the Big 12 to 14.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Big XII linchpin?
The Big 12 is poised to replace commissioner Dan Beebe with former Big Eight commissioner Chuck Neinas, CBSSports.com has learned.

One highly placed source said the conference was moving quickly to replace Beebe who had been under fire from some conference members after recent instability within the league. Neinas, currently a well-known college consultant, is expected to be named interim commissioner. 

The official word could come as soon as Thursday when the Big 12 presidents meet by conference call to discuss how to move forward. Based on the news of Wednesday, the embattled league apparently will continue with nine schools while seeking additional members.

The Tulsa World reported Wednesday that the Big 12 had "targeted" Neinas, one of the most respected college figures in the country. Neinas was the assistant executive director of the NCAA from 1961-1971 and Big Eight commissioner from 1971-1980. He currently runs Neinas Sports Services. 

Oklahoma and Texas are seemingly in the Big 12 fold after flirting with the Pac-12 for what seems like forever. Essentially, the Big 12 has taken a trip around the world the last few weeks and ended up in the exact same place -- without Texas A&M.
f47158e17aee4103cc6194eb58423cd27c7b7a4.gif

Yup, Neinas in as commissioner. Looking like Cincy, UL, WVU and USF will get invites after BYU and that'll bring the Big 12 to 14.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Caerus

that would be 
pimp.gif

Don't you want Michigan to win the Big10 @ some point in time?
Would Oklahoma joining the Big 10 really make their chances any worse though?
20110128203738!Trollface.png

SEC application:

Spoiler [+]
e856cbd1b3108f2b0c32165a9550fc1a.jpg

ACC application:

Spoiler [+]
fdfed4d820be0147c486fc565990fb5f.jpg

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Caerus

that would be 
pimp.gif

Don't you want Michigan to win the Big10 @ some point in time?
Would Oklahoma joining the Big 10 really make their chances any worse though?
20110128203738!Trollface.png

SEC application:

Spoiler [+]
e856cbd1b3108f2b0c32165a9550fc1a.jpg

ACC application:

Spoiler [+]
fdfed4d820be0147c486fc565990fb5f.jpg

For my fellow Buckeye fans, Braxton Miller WILL get the start this weekend v. Colorado 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hopefully Fickell keeps him in even if there are a few mistakes

inbraxtonwetrust_large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom