2011 Mustang GT vs 2010 Camaro SS

as far as da camaro VS mustang it goes like this...

Z28 > GT500 > SS > GT

da best bang for you buck though goes to da SS camaro.

as far as da camaro VS mustang it goes like this...

Z28 > GT500 > SS > GT

da best bang for you buck though goes to da SS camaro.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

"the bmw m3 beats the mustang gt at the track"

Stang was real close though.
"...by the slimest of margins, less than .1 second."

C'mon... Keep it funky. For 20K less the mustang is the better buy if you're not a label %%%$%.
"Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."

grin.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

C'mon... Keep it funky. For 20K less the mustang is the better buy if you're not a label %%%$%.

basically, and it wasn't even testing da best trim mustang which is da shelby GT500 which is CLEARLY better then da M3
I have a mean hang over so i'ma keep this short

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/shelbygt500/review.html

The Ford Shelby GT500 features a supercharged 5.4-liter iron block aluminum-head V8 that makes 540 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed manual gearbox routes all that through a limited-slip solid rear axle. No automatic transmission is available. At the test track, we recorded a 4.6-second 0-60 run and a quarter-mile time of just 12.8 seconds.
http://usnews.rankingsand....com/cars-trucks/BMW_M3/
"The M3's excellence is such that it transcends performance data, but for what it's worth, the numbers aren't too shabby either. With a 0-60-mph sprint of 4.6 seconds and a 12.7-second quarter-mile, this Bimmer can keep pace with a Porsche 911 in a straight line. If the road gets curvy, the M3's up for a fight as well, thanks to its balanced and capable chassis." -- Edmunds
What is it better at again? Sure ain't performance
grin.gif

I don't know how you 2 dudes can say a car is "better" when it's slower.

But yeah, mustang>camaro

"Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."

grin.gif

basically, and it wasn't even testing da best trim mustang which is da shelby GT500 which is CLEARLY better then da M3

The Ford Shelby GT500 features a supercharged 5.4-liter iron block aluminum-head V8 that makes 540 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed manual gearbox routes all that through a limited-slip solid rear axle. No automatic transmission is available. At the test track, we recorded a 4.6-second 0-60 run and a quarter-mile time of just 12.8 seconds.
"The M3's excellence is such that it transcends performance data, but for what it's worth, the numbers aren't too shabby either. With a 0-60-mph sprint of 4.6 seconds and a 12.7-second quarter-mile, this Bimmer can keep pace with a Porsche 911 in a straight line. If the road gets curvy, the M3's up for a fight as well, thanks to its balanced and capable chassis." -- Edmunds
grin.gif

I don't know how you 2 dudes can say a car is "better" when it's slower.

But yeah, mustang>camaro

son bolded a TENTH of a second.....
laugh.gif

realtalk, you ain't gonna convince NO ONE in here a 10th of a second is worth a 20 thousand difference...NO ONE

[table][tr][td]Coupe[/td] [td]$46,725[/td] [td]$42,236[/td] [td]5.4L V8
540 HP[/td] [td]14 / 22 mpg[/td][/tr][/table]
0704_b2008_ford_shelby_gt500kr3.jpg

BMW M3

Price Range: $55,400 - $67,050

attachment.php

that luxury snobby uppity crap is for da birds.....20 thousand for a 10TH of a second
laugh.gif

son bolded a TENTH of a second.....
laugh.gif

realtalk, you ain't gonna convince NO ONE in here a 10th of a second is worth a 20 thousand difference...NO ONE

[table][tr][td]Coupe[/td] [td]$46,725[/td] [td]$42,236[/td] [td]5.4L V8
540 HP[/td] [td]14 / 22 mpg[/td][/tr][/table]
0704_b2008_ford_shelby_gt500kr3.jpg

BMW M3

Price Range: $55,400 - $67,050

attachment.php

that luxury snobby uppity crap is for da birds.....20 thousand for a 10TH of a second
laugh.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

yup so what you're saying is both cars are virtually equal except car A. cost 20k cheaper then car B.....way to make da bimmer look that much more superior
roll.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

yup so what you're saying is both cars are virtually equal except car A. cost 20k cheaper then car B.....way to make da bimmer look that much more superior
roll.gif
laugh.gif

The 2011 Mustang GT has a faster 0-60 time than the M3. If mondaynightraw is gonna boast a 50k+ car over .1 of a second then clearly you have some bias. We never said the GT beat the m3, were saying we can put in the same category as the m3 in terms of performance.

The 2011 Mustang GT has a faster 0-60 time than the M3. If mondaynightraw is gonna boast a 50k+ car over .1 of a second then clearly you have some bias. We never said the GT beat the m3, were saying we can put in the same category as the m3 in terms of performance.

DAMN, why can't NT ever just live with the fact that some people prefer some cars over others? All of the cars mentioned in here are relatively fast...some slightly faster than the other but still not one is slow. I actually love BMW's but the BMW stans can annoying as hell. Newsflash not everyone wants an effing M3 or Chipped 335i. And to argue about tenths of seconds is kinda stupid, depending on the driver, amount of fuel in the car, tire pressure, road/track conditions and the atmospheric conditions a cars 1/4 mile times can vary up to 3 to 5 tenths of a second. These are not absolute numbers by any means.

I myself do not prefer any of the Mustangs, but at the same time I respect the performance they bring to the table. I mean I'm really impressed with skidpad numbers being above .9 G's especially with a solid rear axle suspension.

DAMN, why can't NT ever just live with the fact that some people prefer some cars over others? All of the cars mentioned in here are relatively fast...some slightly faster than the other but still not one is slow. I actually love BMW's but the BMW stans can annoying as hell. Newsflash not everyone wants an effing M3 or Chipped 335i. And to argue about tenths of seconds is kinda stupid, depending on the driver, amount of fuel in the car, tire pressure, road/track conditions and the atmospheric conditions a cars 1/4 mile times can vary up to 3 to 5 tenths of a second. These are not absolute numbers by any means.

I myself do not prefer any of the Mustangs, but at the same time I respect the performance they bring to the table. I mean I'm really impressed with skidpad numbers being above .9 G's especially with a solid rear axle suspension.

LOL @ ppl thinking a Mustang is hot.

Its a white trash dream car.

Its built by FORD for lords sake.

Originally Posted by bballah3

I guess you didn't read the thread title.
It wasn't "Name your favorite car" it was "2011 Mustang GT vs 2010 Camaro SS." 

OP is trying to narrow it down and the information in here pertains to his options.

Back
Top Bottom