2011 NBA MVP Thread

Originally Posted by CP1708

I have seen a lot of mention for Rose lately. Beating D12, and then a shot at Bron on Sunday could just about wrap it up imo. People gonna remember the ORLD game, and now this thrashing vs the Spurs. Bulls stay in the 2 seed, I think Rose gets it.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I have seen a lot of mention for Rose lately. Beating D12, and then a shot at Bron on Sunday could just about wrap it up imo. People gonna remember the ORLD game, and now this thrashing vs the Spurs. Bulls stay in the 2 seed, I think Rose gets it.

pimp.gif

It's Rose... Other than maybe Dirk, I don't think anyone is even close right now.

It's Rose... Other than maybe Dirk, I don't think anyone is even close right now.

Dwight is still the MVP imo...

I just can't give MVP to a guy who contributes nothing to its teams greatest strength (defense).

And the Celtics are still the best team in the East

Dwight is still the MVP imo...

I just can't give MVP to a guy who contributes nothing to its teams greatest strength (defense).

And the Celtics are still the best team in the East

Rose is still the most valuable player to his team right now, esp if the Bulls lock this # 2 seed up and Miami keeps playin' mentally soft.

Rose is still the most valuable player to his team right now, esp if the Bulls lock this # 2 seed up and Miami keeps playin' mentally soft.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

But at the same time, you wanna give it to a guy whose value goes through the basement down the stretch of close games because he's a liability to his team offensively in those situations?

But at the same time, you wanna give it to a guy whose value goes through the basement down the stretch of close games because he's a liability to his team offensively in those situations?

Ultimately, Magic go as far as Dwight takes them while that isn't true with the Bulls. They can win when he has an off game. That's more "valuable" to me in a literal sense.

Ultimately, Magic go as far as Dwight takes them while that isn't true with the Bulls. They can win when he has an off game. That's more "valuable" to me in a literal sense.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The basement? Dwight shoots an astounding 72% from the field, and 66% from the line in the "clutch," which is defined as less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points. Also, he's the best defensive player in the league, and obviously prevents other teams from getting easy buckets in the paint down the stretch. So he's not really a liability at all.

Combine that with what he does throughout the rest of the game, and you have the best MVP candidate in the league, bar none.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The basement? Dwight shoots an astounding 72% from the field, and 66% from the line in the "clutch," which is defined as less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points. Also, he's the best defensive player in the league, and obviously prevents other teams from getting easy buckets in the paint down the stretch. So he's not really a liability at all.

Combine that with what he does throughout the rest of the game, and you have the best MVP candidate in the league, bar none.

I just give the edge to Rose since he not only has to make clutch baskets for his team, but create for his other team mates as well.

You can make an argument for either though.

I just give the edge to Rose since he not only has to make clutch baskets for his team, but create for his other team mates as well.

You can make an argument for either though.

He also spends a huge chunk of those minutes on the bench because he's bouncing on and off the court to avoid having to shoot free throws... He shoots 9 shots per 48 clutch minutes. So, yeah... His value drops off significantly.

Back
Top Bottom