2011 NBA MVP Thread

Originally Posted by CP1708

I have Rose, Dwight, Bron, Dirk,

My exact list the only other dude in the L that deserves the MVP award in Dwight Howard nobody has more impact
night in and night out for his team than Dwight the only other cat that comes close is Pooh you could pretty much argue 

between who has the better supporting cast and whatnot and who has taken his team to the next step 

but Dwight and his Magic are 4th in the East while the Bulls are at the #1 spot

I have Rose, Dwight, Bron, Dirk,

My exact list the only other dude in the L that deserves the MVP award in Dwight Howard nobody has more impact
night in and night out for his team than Dwight the only other cat that comes close is Pooh you could pretty much argue 

between who has the better supporting cast and whatnot and who has taken his team to the next step 

but Dwight and his Magic are 4th in the East while the Bulls are at the #1 spot

One thing is I feel if Dirk didn't get he would be the MVP, that Mavericks team is really not that good at all and will fail come playoff time. They have won about 6 more games than they should. If they win a first round playoff series It will be a testament to Dirks greatness.

One thing is I feel if Dirk didn't get he would be the MVP, that Mavericks team is really not that good at all and will fail come playoff time. They have won about 6 more games than they should. If they win a first round playoff series It will be a testament to Dirks greatness.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Only won six more games than they should?

They're a lottery team without Dirk...

If they win a first round playoff series It will be a testament to Dirks greatness.

If you wanna say Dirk is MVP then fine.  But this is just a weird statement. 

If they win a first round playoff series It will be a testament to Dirks greatness.

If you wanna say Dirk is MVP then fine.  But this is just a weird statement. 

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Can they give this to DRose already

Dude is killing on the hardwood

this

y'all peeped the move on jennings???
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Im talking about with Dirk even with dirk, the Mavs have out performed because Dirk is so deadly in the clutch, people like to talk about clutch but IMO Dirk is the deadliest crunch time dude on the planet. Drik is shooting something like 60% from the field in crunch time, and he's +64 in those situations.

It one of the reasons the mavs have out performed there point differential, because Dirk keeps winning them close games.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Im talking about with Dirk even with dirk, the Mavs have out performed because Dirk is so deadly in the clutch, people like to talk about clutch but IMO Dirk is the deadliest crunch time dude on the planet. Drik is shooting something like 60% from the field in crunch time, and he's +64 in those situations.

It one of the reasons the mavs have out performed there point differential, because Dirk keeps winning them close games.

My list is, Rose, Dwight, Kobe, Dirk, but Rose is so far ahead of everybody else it's not really a list.

Reason #6 ain't on the list, you have to consider the fact that his team record will be worse this year than it was last year and he's playing with better players. Also, you could understand his scoring being down, but #6 should be at atleast 9 rebounds and 8 1/2 assists. Now are those ridiculous numbers to even consider someone to average, yes, but his skill level and his history works against him. Same problem Jordan had (number #6 can't even smell Jordan shows though).

Consider this too. No player is dominating his position as much as Pooh. The only player that comes close is Dwight. No point guard has a chance when guarding dude, and on top of that, he will finish at the rim on anybody. Besides Garnett and Ray Allen, Rose is my favorite player right now.

My list is, Rose, Dwight, Kobe, Dirk, but Rose is so far ahead of everybody else it's not really a list.

Reason #6 ain't on the list, you have to consider the fact that his team record will be worse this year than it was last year and he's playing with better players. Also, you could understand his scoring being down, but #6 should be at atleast 9 rebounds and 8 1/2 assists. Now are those ridiculous numbers to even consider someone to average, yes, but his skill level and his history works against him. Same problem Jordan had (number #6 can't even smell Jordan shows though).

Consider this too. No player is dominating his position as much as Pooh. The only player that comes close is Dwight. No point guard has a chance when guarding dude, and on top of that, he will finish at the rim on anybody. Besides Garnett and Ray Allen, Rose is my favorite player right now.

I have Rose, Dwight, Dirk, Bron

Thats my list.

I just
laugh.gif
@ the pundits these days attempting to discredit him deserving the MVP/what Pooh has done this season especially when a countless number of his Peers and opposing Coaches have went on record stating its his award to lose.

We were a .500 team last year who got in the playoffs solely on his will, a year later we were picked to finish #5 possibly #4 if we could jump Orlando. We're the #1 team in the eastern conference while our starting front line has missed a combined 50+ games (Boozer's played in 49 and Joa 41) and yet we're 53 - 19 and every last player/coach/person associated with that team knows the reason besides the defense is Pooh.

You can look at his shooting percentages all you want, you can talk about him turning the ball over but you'd be hard pressed to find another player this year who has willed his teams to more wins than Pooh has.  I'm not going to discredit Dwight, Bron, or Dirk because they've all been spectacular, but the notion that he doesn't deserve the MVP because your favorite player is also having a great year is down right disrespectful.

I have Rose, Dwight, Dirk, Bron

Thats my list.

I just
laugh.gif
@ the pundits these days attempting to discredit him deserving the MVP/what Pooh has done this season especially when a countless number of his Peers and opposing Coaches have went on record stating its his award to lose.

We were a .500 team last year who got in the playoffs solely on his will, a year later we were picked to finish #5 possibly #4 if we could jump Orlando. We're the #1 team in the eastern conference while our starting front line has missed a combined 50+ games (Boozer's played in 49 and Joa 41) and yet we're 53 - 19 and every last player/coach/person associated with that team knows the reason besides the defense is Pooh.

You can look at his shooting percentages all you want, you can talk about him turning the ball over but you'd be hard pressed to find another player this year who has willed his teams to more wins than Pooh has.  I'm not going to discredit Dwight, Bron, or Dirk because they've all been spectacular, but the notion that he doesn't deserve the MVP because your favorite player is also having a great year is down right disrespectful.

Are there still people who say Derrick Rose should NOT be MVP?...these folks exist? Still?

laugh.gif
I sure hope not. Anyway you slice it, Rose is the man this year. Other guys can be in the race, but how are they stronger candidates than D. Rose?

Maybe LarryDavidSwagEphnan can explain that to me.

Are there still people who say Derrick Rose should NOT be MVP?...these folks exist? Still?

laugh.gif
I sure hope not. Anyway you slice it, Rose is the man this year. Other guys can be in the race, but how are they stronger candidates than D. Rose?

Maybe LarryDavidSwagEphnan can explain that to me.

^"Dwight's done more with less"? 

Really? 

I remember NTers getting so hyped after the midseason trades.  Suddenly it's not a good enough supporting cast for Howard. 

Back
Top Bottom