2011 NBA MVP Thread

CP, so are you saying, if Nash hadn't won those MVP's, that you would be backing Dwight right now? I is sad.

CP, so are you saying, if Nash hadn't won those MVP's, that you would be backing Dwight right now? I is sad.

Wait what's going on in here? I don't get it.Why is CP1708 so mad? Does he not think D.Rose deserve to win MVP and how did nash get into this years MVP race?

Wait what's going on in here? I don't get it.Why is CP1708 so mad? Does he not think D.Rose deserve to win MVP and how did nash get into this years MVP race?

did this fool Cake really have the audacity to call Hedo the same player as the year he went to the finals?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bulls fans kill me with this Rose has no talent argument, Chicago public schools failed your no understanding of mathematics selves.  It ain't easy to understand you guys have the Best D which is the reason y'all win and D Rose contributes nothing to that D. 

But all's good, I'm fine with him winning it even though Howard is having the better season and is more valuable to his crap @@@ squad.

did this fool Cake really have the audacity to call Hedo the same player as the year he went to the finals?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bulls fans kill me with this Rose has no talent argument, Chicago public schools failed your no understanding of mathematics selves.  It ain't easy to understand you guys have the Best D which is the reason y'all win and D Rose contributes nothing to that D. 

But all's good, I'm fine with him winning it even though Howard is having the better season and is more valuable to his crap @@@ squad.

All of this banter is going to set up a Bulls-Magic match up in the second round (if the Bulls maintain the 1 seed). Rose will either validate his MVP or Dwight goes Hakeem circa 1995.
pimp.gif

All of this banter is going to set up a Bulls-Magic match up in the second round (if the Bulls maintain the 1 seed). Rose will either validate his MVP or Dwight goes Hakeem circa 1995.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 I'm not mad at all, just speakin on an age old debate. 

Yes, if not for Nash, I believe the MVP should be on the best player each season in terms of what he means to a team. 

So, for this year, Bron would be out imo because he has Wade and Bosh. 

It would come down to Howard and Rose, both are great and lead their squads, but Dwight is like #2 in rebounding, block shots, field goal %, AND PER, top 10 or so in scoring, #1 in Free Throws attempted, I mean, he is near the top in TONS of categories. 

So if we based the MVP off who does the most work, and top shelf work at that, Dwight would be our winner, Rose would be 2. 

But after the Nash travesties, now we need to factor in the whole "60 wins" or so angle, and Rose gets that qualification, Dwight does not. 

Rose also has the strong strong angle of nobody expected them to be #1 in the East, when EVERYBODY  was predicting a Heat landslide, or the Celtics and then maybe an outside shot from Orlando.  Yet here the Bulls sit, and Rose is the reason for that, along with their outstanding team defense. 

Rose wins on the intangibles so to speak in terms of seed, playing without either Booz or Noah for 50+ games and carrying the weight of no offense from his SG position, as well as clutch as all hell.  It's not like Rose isn't a solid candidate, but if we went solely on worth to a team based off performance, with no other factors brought in, then it would be Dwight.  His numbers across the board are staggering.  Rose's "intangible" storylines are equally staggering, and since that seems to be the merit the award is given after Nash, Rose will win it.  Hence, me riding with him since December.  They can all cry and complain all they want, but they were celebrating when Nash won it, so this is the bed they made.  Now they get to live with it. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 I'm not mad at all, just speakin on an age old debate. 

Yes, if not for Nash, I believe the MVP should be on the best player each season in terms of what he means to a team. 

So, for this year, Bron would be out imo because he has Wade and Bosh. 

It would come down to Howard and Rose, both are great and lead their squads, but Dwight is like #2 in rebounding, block shots, field goal %, AND PER, top 10 or so in scoring, #1 in Free Throws attempted, I mean, he is near the top in TONS of categories. 

So if we based the MVP off who does the most work, and top shelf work at that, Dwight would be our winner, Rose would be 2. 

But after the Nash travesties, now we need to factor in the whole "60 wins" or so angle, and Rose gets that qualification, Dwight does not. 

Rose also has the strong strong angle of nobody expected them to be #1 in the East, when EVERYBODY  was predicting a Heat landslide, or the Celtics and then maybe an outside shot from Orlando.  Yet here the Bulls sit, and Rose is the reason for that, along with their outstanding team defense. 

Rose wins on the intangibles so to speak in terms of seed, playing without either Booz or Noah for 50+ games and carrying the weight of no offense from his SG position, as well as clutch as all hell.  It's not like Rose isn't a solid candidate, but if we went solely on worth to a team based off performance, with no other factors brought in, then it would be Dwight.  His numbers across the board are staggering.  Rose's "intangible" storylines are equally staggering, and since that seems to be the merit the award is given after Nash, Rose will win it.  Hence, me riding with him since December.  They can all cry and complain all they want, but they were celebrating when Nash won it, so this is the bed they made.  Now they get to live with it. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

How can one person honestly sit there and say Chicago and Orlando have equal supporting casts? It is laughable. Rose has an Olympian premier post player and one of the best Centers in the game, along with a deep cast that all plays amazing defense.

Howard's second best player is Jameer Nelson...He has nothing that even resembles an all-star on his squad. If Boozer and Noah were both healthy the whole season, Chicago would have had 3 all-stars. Red & Black Colored Lenses abundant I see.

How can one person honestly sit there and say Chicago and Orlando have equal supporting casts? It is laughable. Rose has an Olympian premier post player and one of the best Centers in the game, along with a deep cast that all plays amazing defense.

Howard's second best player is Jameer Nelson...He has nothing that even resembles an all-star on his squad. If Boozer and Noah were both healthy the whole season, Chicago would have had 3 all-stars. Red & Black Colored Lenses abundant I see.

CP ain't mad, he's just been waiting for this kinda argument to pop up since Nash won those MVP's
laugh.gif

I can safely assume that a lot of people don't watch a good amount of Magic games AND pay attention to what happens on both sides of the ball.

CP ain't mad, he's just been waiting for this kinda argument to pop up since Nash won those MVP's
laugh.gif

I can safely assume that a lot of people don't watch a good amount of Magic games AND pay attention to what happens on both sides of the ball.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding..........
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Look who started this thread, and check the NBA thread back in December, I saw this coming MIIIIIIIIIIIIILES away, and I couldn't wait to get this going. 
laugh.gif

I knew this day would come. 
happy.gif

Look who started this thread, and check the NBA thread back in December, I saw this coming MIIIIIIIIIIIIILES away, and I couldn't wait to get this going. 
laugh.gif

I knew this day would come. 
happy.gif

I find it funny that everyone says "well bron has wade and bosh, so that should disqualify him."

Miami's record when Bron is out: 0-2

Miami's record when BOTH Wade and Bosh are out: 2-0

Once again, this argument comes down to two sides.....the side which point to statistical evidence and facts, and the side which points to a storyline, clever wording and assumptions.

Rose will win the MVP. I just hope that one day basketball voters will smarten up like baseball voters recently have.

Back
Top Bottom