2011 NBA MVP Thread

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Kurt Thomas is an awesome role player, his defense has been great this year, he's just useless on offense. It's becoming clear are only looking at your teams offense capabilities and ignore defense. Taj is a really good player as well, his 7'6 wing span probably contribute to that vaunted defense of yours.

Evans Bogans (i'm going to assume you're talking about Keith) is the only who you guys should have beef with because his defense is not good enough to offset his terrible offense.

This isn't the offensive MVP award, we are all aware D. Rose has had to carry them on offense for a while, that's great, but that's only half the game.

3) Our coach who is responsible for that defensive system has gone on record countless times to state that if it weren't for Derrick Rose we would not be winning games regardless of how great our defense is.  People want to point to our defense our defense and totally ignore that you have to score the ball as well in order to win games.  If you can hold a team to 83 but can't score 84 it means absolutely nothing.  They also don't talk about how much his defense has improved either ie he's pretty much been controlling top PG's since Batum made that comment about him not being able to guard Andre Miller.
Whats the coach gunna say? It's all me, !%@% D. Rose? cmon man.

Defense is more important that offense when it comes to winning chips, this is fact, no team without a top 7 defense has ever one a chip. His defense has improved from laughable to mediocre. Horray for him, lets throw a parade, im not sure why we have to give him an MVP award.

There's no need for me to speak on our Defense, we have the best defense in the league its well documented and has been well discussed by you and a few others.  You made the statement that Dwight does more with less and I don't see that.  It has nothing to do with who has the bigger names its about talent.

So are Orlando's supporting cast under performing? YES
Are they less talented... I can't say the same.

The players on our team fit our system and have performed well in it that's all it doesn't mean he has more to work with. But yes I will give you that Gilbert has played like trash.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

This isn't the offensive MVP award, we are all aware D. Rose has had to carry them on offense for a while, that's great, but that's only half the game.

3) Our coach who is responsible for that defensive system has gone on record countless times to state that if it weren't for Derrick Rose we would not be winning games regardless of how great our defense is.  People want to point to our defense our defense and totally ignore that you have to score the ball as well in order to win games.  If you can hold a team to 83 but can't score 84 it means absolutely nothing.  They also don't talk about how much his defense has improved either ie he's pretty much been controlling top PG's since Batum made that comment about him not being able to guard Andre Miller.

Defense is more important that offense when it comes to winning chips, this is fact, no team without a top 7 defense has ever one a chip. His defense has improved from laughable to mediocre. Horray for him, lets throw a parade, im not sure why we have to give him an MVP award.
4) Mike was the best player from bar none from 88 until he retired... yet he still missed out on a couple namely Barkley & Malone's.
I have said this before on NT but those years Barkley and Malone were playing better than him by a pretty decent margin, they deserved those MVP's Jordan did not.

Ohh this is what your argument has come down to now, eh? 

But when Nash was winnning MVP's quarterbacking the "best offense ever" you were singing a much different tune. 

For the record Rose is already a better defensive player than Nash will ever be.  FACT. 

1. I didn't really give my opinion on the whether he should have one I was merely saying that the Nash and Rose situation are different becuase they are. No one has ever run an offense as well Nash ran the SSOL, and that was the only reason the Suns were good. Rose runse a mediocre offense while the real reason for bulls sucess is defense some thing he is less impactful.

2. And yes I far less of a problem with Nash winning it because his offense value is greater and roses defensive value is not  that much better.

So yes QB of greatest offense of all time> QB of mediocre offense.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

4) Mike was the best player from bar none from 88 until he retired... yet he still missed out on a couple namely Barkley & Malone's.
I have said this before on NT but those years Barkley and Malone were playing better than him by a pretty decent margin, they deserved those MVP's Jordan did not.

Ohh this is what your argument has come down to now, eh? 

But when Nash was winnning MVP's quarterbacking the "best offense ever" you were singing a much different tune. 

For the record Rose is already a better defensive player than Nash will ever be.  FACT. 

1. I didn't really give my opinion on the whether he should have one I was merely saying that the Nash and Rose situation are different becuase they are. No one has ever run an offense as well Nash ran the SSOL, and that was the only reason the Suns were good. Rose runse a mediocre offense while the real reason for bulls sucess is defense some thing he is less impactful.

2. And yes I far less of a problem with Nash winning it because his offense value is greater and roses defensive value is not  that much better.

So yes QB of greatest offense of all time> QB of mediocre offense.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Kurt Thomas is an awesome role player, his defense has been great this year, he's just useless on offense. It's becoming clear are only looking at your teams offense capabilities and ignore defense. Taj is a really good player as well, his 7'6 wing span probably contribute to that vaunted defense of yours.

Evans Bogans (i'm going to assume you're talking about Keith) is the only who you guys should have beef with because his defense is not good enough to offset his terrible offense.

There's no need for me to speak on our Defense, we have the best defense in the league its well documented and has been well discussed by you and a few others.  You made the statement that Dwight does more with less and I don't see that.  It has nothing to do with who has the bigger names its about talent.

The players on our team fit our system and have performed well in it that's all it doesn't mean he has more to work with. But yes I will give you that Gilbert has played like trash.
30t6p3b.gif

Dude thats my point, how "talented" they are doesn't matter if they have been performing like *@%+ the whole year. The fact of the matter is that his year all those guys besides Ryan Anderson and JJ have played like *@%+. Asik, Noah, Gibson, Kurt Thomas, Korver, aren't creations of a "system"  they defensively talented guys that would get minutes any team plus Boozer who si an excellent offensive player and rebounder.

There is and attitude on NT like offensive talent is the only talent you can have, Kurt Thomas has had enough talent to waddle his %$! around from franchise to franchise for 15 years.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

30t6p3b.gif

Dude thats my point, how "talented" they are doesn't matter if they have been performing like *@%+ the whole year. The fact of the matter is that his year all those guys besides Ryan Anderson and JJ have played like *@%+. Asik, Noah, Gibson, Kurt Thomas, Korver, aren't creations of a "system"  they defensively talented guys that would get minutes any team plus Boozer who si an excellent offensive player and rebounder.

There is and attitude on NT like offensive talent is the only talent you can have, Kurt Thomas has had enough talent to waddle his %$! around from franchise to franchise for 15 years.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

never knew MVP was such a sensitive topic

It always is
laugh.gif

And the more I think about it, Dwight>Derrick. Word to everything OKB is saying.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

never knew MVP was such a sensitive topic

It always is
laugh.gif

And the more I think about it, Dwight>Derrick. Word to everything OKB is saying.

Osh wasn't hyping Kobe in the "done more with less" argument when Nash was winning MVP's. 
eyes.gif

Now all of a sudden it's Dwight's time? 
laugh.gif

This is why I have been speakin on Rose the whole year, he's doing what Nash did, and back then everybody was super excited to give it to that fraud, and now they all realize their mistakes 5 years later.  Told you @#$%^&**&^%$

Dwight has been the best all around player in the NBA this year, he does more with less, in a perfect world, he should be the MVP, but that ain't the world we live in.  You can't give it to Nash in 05-06, and not give it to Rose in 11. 

Nash getting 15 and 11 for a team that scored 108 points a game is not that much greater than Rose getting 24 and 8 for a team getting 98 points a game. 

Told ya'll fools years ago not to let Nash win, but you didn't wanna listen.  So too @#$%^& bad that you're losin the arguments this year. 

Osh wasn't hyping Kobe in the "done more with less" argument when Nash was winning MVP's. 
eyes.gif

Now all of a sudden it's Dwight's time? 
laugh.gif

This is why I have been speakin on Rose the whole year, he's doing what Nash did, and back then everybody was super excited to give it to that fraud, and now they all realize their mistakes 5 years later.  Told you @#$%^&**&^%$

Dwight has been the best all around player in the NBA this year, he does more with less, in a perfect world, he should be the MVP, but that ain't the world we live in.  You can't give it to Nash in 05-06, and not give it to Rose in 11. 

Nash getting 15 and 11 for a team that scored 108 points a game is not that much greater than Rose getting 24 and 8 for a team getting 98 points a game. 

Told ya'll fools years ago not to let Nash win, but you didn't wanna listen.  So too @#$%^& bad that you're losin the arguments this year. 

I'm with Rose getting it this year. He has the ball damn near 100% of the time (at least that's what it feels like), and defenses know that but still can't stop him.

The only man that can take the MVP from him is Kobe if the Lakers can take that number one spot from the Spurs... and even still, Rose already has the media vote locked so
ohwell.gif
That's also why this thread/arguments/debates are pointless.

I'm with Rose getting it this year. He has the ball damn near 100% of the time (at least that's what it feels like), and defenses know that but still can't stop him.

The only man that can take the MVP from him is Kobe if the Lakers can take that number one spot from the Spurs... and even still, Rose already has the media vote locked so
ohwell.gif
That's also why this thread/arguments/debates are pointless.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Dwight for MVP fo sho...................
but with Nash, when he won; I think it is fair to say that he is not a product of his coach's (D'anphony) system; HE IS THE SYSTEM for Phoenix. Whereas Rose clearly benefits from Thib's team D gameplan. Nash trescended the whole way that squad played with putting up only 15 and 11....... In my head, I had a far better argument that was thought out in my head than what I actually wrote
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Dwight for MVP fo sho...................
but with Nash, when he won; I think it is fair to say that he is not a product of his coach's (D'anphony) system; HE IS THE SYSTEM for Phoenix. Whereas Rose clearly benefits from Thib's team D gameplan. Nash trescended the whole way that squad played with putting up only 15 and 11....... In my head, I had a far better argument that was thought out in my head than what I actually wrote
laugh.gif

yall are kidding yourselves if you think Howard will be MVP and he can't even win his division....team success plays a part in the voting and his team is more of an "also-ran" No one, from the good analysts to the boneheads, even consider them contenders in the east. His numbers become no more than fluff if his team isn't going anywhere.

remember all the talk in the east was about BOS, MIA and ORL. It's a reason that all those teams are chasing #1. That reason is #1.

yall are kidding yourselves if you think Howard will be MVP and he can't even win his division....team success plays a part in the voting and his team is more of an "also-ran" No one, from the good analysts to the boneheads, even consider them contenders in the east. His numbers become no more than fluff if his team isn't going anywhere.

remember all the talk in the east was about BOS, MIA and ORL. It's a reason that all those teams are chasing #1. That reason is #1.

The same system that almost Raymond Felton playing at an All-Star level this year. There is no justifying why he won that award other than the teams' turnaround. Wasn't there a chart that had the win shares and PERs and stuff of the past 20 or so MVPs and Nash by fast had the worst numbers out of all of those? If he can get an MVP, then D-Rose damn sure can.

The same system that almost Raymond Felton playing at an All-Star level this year. There is no justifying why he won that award other than the teams' turnaround. Wasn't there a chart that had the win shares and PERs and stuff of the past 20 or so MVPs and Nash by fast had the worst numbers out of all of those? If he can get an MVP, then D-Rose damn sure can.

rck2sactown wrote:
 Nash trescended the whole way that squad played with putting up only 15 and 11

Read that again, out loud. 

Listen to yourself. 

15 and 11 don't transcend a Got damn thing.   Like I said back then, if that's good enough to be the MVP when another guy goes for THIRTY FIVE a night, and has 3 guys in his starting unit so putrid, they shouldn't even be in the league right now, then Stockton, Marc Jackson, Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, ALLLLLL should have MVP's on their mantles.  Cuz they could do 15 and 11 on 55-60 win teams no problem. 

And now, we see Derrick Rose, 24 and 8, 60ish wins. 

MVP

Told you all then, tellin ya now.  Everybody that was backin Nash back then was have a good ol time doin it.  And now they sad.  That's what they get for bein shortsighted. 

rck2sactown wrote:
 Nash trescended the whole way that squad played with putting up only 15 and 11

Read that again, out loud. 

Listen to yourself. 

15 and 11 don't transcend a Got damn thing.   Like I said back then, if that's good enough to be the MVP when another guy goes for THIRTY FIVE a night, and has 3 guys in his starting unit so putrid, they shouldn't even be in the league right now, then Stockton, Marc Jackson, Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, ALLLLLL should have MVP's on their mantles.  Cuz they could do 15 and 11 on 55-60 win teams no problem. 

And now, we see Derrick Rose, 24 and 8, 60ish wins. 

MVP

Told you all then, tellin ya now.  Everybody that was backin Nash back then was have a good ol time doin it.  And now they sad.  That's what they get for bein shortsighted. 

Back
Top Bottom